Menu

amazon question re: returns

Sunshine State Sue

Third party returns are generally slower, more costly, and sometimes a hassle.  That said, if you can't find these anywhere else and this is what you need to do to find ones that fit you, it's probably worth the hassle.  I've done it and have always gotten my money back (eventually!).

• Like 1

If it comes from Amazon and has free returns the bag is set up to be used as a return bag (so pay attention when you open it).  If you don't like it, you'll go on Amazon's website, print a return label, tape it on, and drop it at the carrier.  Easy as pie.

• Like 4

If they say free returns, you'll get your full refund.  If they don't, they'll take the shipping costs out of your refund.  Either way you print a label, slap it on the box/bag and drop it at UPS (or if your lucky enough to catch the UPS man at your door you can give it to him).  I wouldn't deal with 3rd party sellers for clothing, personally.  

You might also check Zappos.  They sell a lot of clothing and always have free shipping and returns. 

• Like 2

I had to deal with a third-party return once.   The seller did not respond to the return request.  I can't remember the exact chain of events but I got two emails from Amazon about it:  one telling me that they would give the seller x number of days to respond to my request, after which they would take action, and one telling me they would credit my account and not to bother returning the item.  They credited it immediately after the "grace period" to the seller and I never heard another thing. 

So, just one experience with a third-party return. 

All my returns of products bought directly from Amazon have been so easy.  They actually issue the credit when the package hits the shipper, not after it actually gets back to their warehouse.

• Like 1

Amazon will always go to bat with the buyer in a 3rd party seller situation (I've had to go "over the head" of a third party seller more than once) but it's such a pain compared to the ease of regular Amazon returns.  You have to keep track of more, have to wait x amount of days for someone to get back to you, some of them want you to get an RMA first, they always have different policies, blah blah blah.  I usually don't bother.

Edited by Forget-me-not
  • Like 1

It is part of the product description. On this description, you can see where it says "sold by Max and Maddy and fulfilled by Amazon" under the shipping info.

ALEX Toys Craft Happily Ever Crafter

List Price: $54.95 Price: $24.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members You Save: $29.96 (55%)

Only 7 left in stock.

Want it Tuesday, Jan. 5? Order within 27 hrs 37 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Sold by Max and Maddy and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

it depends upon the merchant.  most returns have been very easy.

I ordered a bunch of shoes (hard to fit, needed dressy, did NOT want 4" spiked heels), and returned what didn't work.  (the irony is, I didn't even wear the ones I kept.  I had a 102+ degree temp, and wore sheepskin slippers under my dress.)

after going to the order page, and clicking return, -I'd give a reason and shipping vaired.  if the item was wrong or defective - return shipping is always free. (though I've had to fight it out a few times.)

I print off the shipping label - and drop it off at a UPS store.  (even for usps.)

eta: even some of hte independent sellers will offer free returns.

Edited by gardenmom5

It is part of the product description. On this description, you can see where it says "sold by Max and Maddy and fulfilled by Amazon" under the shipping info.

ALEX Toys Craft Happily Ever Crafter

by ALEX Toys

4.4 out of 5 stars 34 customer reviews

List Price: $54.95 Price: $24.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members You Save: $29.96 (55%)

Only 7 left in stock.

Want it Tuesday, Jan. 5? Order within 27 hrs 37 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Sold by Max and Maddy and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

When an item is "Fulfilled by Amazon" like this one, Amazon handles all customer service. You shouldn't have to deal with the seller in a return situation. I sell on Amazon using fba. If a customer contacts me desiring a return, I let them know they should contact Amazon and provide directions/a link to the returns page. I pay Amazon to take care of all storage, shipping, and customer service.

You may have to pay return shipping if you just don't like it, or it doesn't fit.

• Like 1

I ordered something and waited too late to cancel the order. Amazon had shipped it with something else I needed, so I opened the box, retrieved the item I wanted and attempted to return the one I didn't, When I went to print out the return, Amazon was going to charge me $11 to ship it back to them.

I ended up selling it to a friend rather than hassle with Amazon. I was surprised and will be more careful in the future.