Menu

Today my toddler has...

melbotoast

climbed fully-clothed into DD6's bathwater which she forgot to drain.

dumped out all of my nutmeg in the kitchen/living room

put DH's and my toothbrushes in the sink and filled it with water

took her pants and diaper off off and hid in my closet with a tube of toothpaste (she didn't manage to open it, yay!)

climbed into my tub with various items from my bathroom and began another bath.

The good news is we got our schoolwork done!

Feel free to add yours. 

• Like 8

Oh, how I remember that stage.  

Our craziest day was when the toddler decided to eat superglue.  It is non-toxic, but I didn't know that at the time.  I swear I aged 10 years that day.  

Hooray for a completed school day, and offering you virtual chocolate and wine to calm your frazzled momma-nerves.

• Like 3

bitten his brothers, one on the arm, one on the shoulder.

cracked 6 eggs on the floor because he was "cooking, Mama."

thrown a toy train at a brother's eye.

given me the sweetest kisses.

taken his clothes and diaper off, climbed onto the changing table, and pooped.

adjusted *ahem* himself so his diaper was no longer effective, rendering himself and his crib soaking wet this morning.

eaten three sandwiches, three eggs, a bowl of cereal, an avocado, and two cups of milk (it's only 3pm). He's tiny!

played in the snow for two hours.

tried to eat a Lego.

Given me the sweetest hugs.

threw his cup of milk on the floor during a tantrum.

voluntarily cleaned up the mess from the milk...well, he tried.

insisted on doing "My Ah, Eh, Ee schoolwork" with his big brother.

And he has finally fallen asleep. We start again in an hour. :-)

• Like 5

My toddler has been quite calm today.  I think the only mess he has made is to squirt half a tube of carmex on the kitchen floor and slide in it it.  Oh and he took a single bite out of 3 apples before putting them back in the box.

But last week, I woke up to discover he dumped the entire container (and they are one pound containers in various degrees of fullness) of cinnamon, garlic salt, and baking soda on the floor and was picking it up by handfuls and throwing it in the air and letting it fall on himself.  And while we were cleaning up that mess he smeared toothpaste all over the carpet in his bedroom

• Like 1

My toddler has been quite calm today.  I think the only mess he has made is to squirt half a tube of carmex on the kitchen floor and slide in it it.  Oh and he took a single bite out of 3 apples before putting them back in the box.

It's hilarious that this is a 'calm' day for us mothers of toddlers. That would drive my childless friends crazy!

Since toothpaste seems to be a reoccuring theme here, My eldest, as a toddler, decided to paint the entire lounge room with it once. 10 minutes before a house inspection. Our home smelt minty fresh.... 

• Like 2

Oh, how I remember that stage.  

Our craziest day was when the toddler decided to eat superglue.  It is non-toxic, but I didn't know that at the time.  I swear I aged 10 years that day.  

Hooray for a completed school day, and offering you virtual chocolate and wine to calm your frazzled momma-nerves.

I never knew I would have to call Poison Control so much as a mother! At least they're very nice when you have to call them. 

But last week, I woke up to discover he dumped the entire container (and they are one pound containers in various degrees of fullness) of cinnamon, garlic salt, and baking soda on the floor and was picking it up by handfuls and throwing it in the air and letting it fall on himself.  And while we were cleaning up that mess he smeared toothpaste all over the carpet in his bedroom

Oh, no, serial mess-making is the worst!

Today my toddler refused to nap. She's two this weekend and way too young for these shenanigans. :)

When my older two were younger, one time I went to the next room to do laundry. During the 3 minutes I was in there, Oldest found a blue ink pad and rubbed it all over Middle child. She had white racoon eyes but the rest of her was blue. Oldest even had blue rubbed up and down her arms. I didn't even get pictures (which I now regret) because I was in such a hurry to rush them into the bath. :) I had to scrub poor Middle till her skin was red and even then she was tinged blue for a couple days.

• Like 2

Dumped a bag of 50 marbles on the floor.  I've found 43 - I'm sure I'll find the other 7 in the middle of the night with my bare feet.

Dumped the dust pan back on to the freshly swept floor.

Insisted that a diaper is adequate clothing for 60F weather.

Dumped all the toys from 2 bins immediately after we'd spent 30 minutes picking up the playroom floor.

I've also found at least 4 apple cores in random places around the house (dining room chair, bathroom sink, and in a plant pot), though some of them have probably been hidden for a while based on the state of decomposition  :glare:

• Like 3

climbed fully-clothed into DD6's bathwater which she forgot to drain.

dumped out all of my nutmeg in the kitchen/living room

put DH's and my toothbrushes in the sink and filled it with water

took her pants and diaper off off and hid in my closet with a tube of toothpaste (she didn't manage to open it, yay!)

climbed into my tub with various items from my bathroom and began another bath.

This kid is obviously is going to become a rescue swimmer for the Coast Guard.

• Like 2

My darling recently opened a tube of fancy watercolor paint that belongs to my oldest.  Not only was the tube up high (so there was climbing involved) but since the seal hadn't been punctured, he climbed (again) and found a swiss army knife, opened the corkscrew and poked holes in it.  Obviously we've had to re-childproof some things.  (I'm never going to the bathroom alone again.  It just isn't safe. <sniff>)  On the bright side, he's a resourceful little dude...

• Like 1

DH came home 10 min ago, and I have already handed over the toddler and am running a bath for myself. This thread makes me feel better.

From the mom whose toddler had a full throttle on the floor fit in public today because I could not reassemble the tortilla chip he broke in half.

• Like 1

Reading this thread is making me feel a little better.

My 19 month old is going through a sleep regression. He used to be a pretty good sleeper, but has now decided that 4:30 am is a peachy time to start each day (will scream and wake siblings if not retrieved). Then he's ready for a nap by 9 am, but doesn't want to do a second nap and is a basket case by dinner time. I don't know how to reset him or what to do. 

• Like 1

... dumped an entire container of sugar on the floor, breaking the lid. Then used the Shop Vac to vacuum shapes and patterns into the sugar pile.

Wait. That was the husband.

The 2yo actually had a good day. But I do need him to magically wean himself immediately without being cranky or needing daddy's help (yeah right).

• Like 4

Last week he climbed up to the top of the shelves and ate 5 buckets of Halloween candy (while under his dad's supervision, of course). The older 4 were not impressed.

When sent to his room for a massive tantrum, climbed up and got DS1's carefully assembled Lego Millenium Falcon and destroyed it. We still haven't found all pieces.

Used every single toothbrush in the kids' bathroom, to the dismay of his older siblings.

Won't use the potty, but despite many layers of clothes he still manages to free himself every day/night and make a huge mess. A couple hours ago I put him to bed in a diaper, capri leggings over the diaper (because the boxer briefs are too short), a onesie snapped OVER the leggings, and thick fleece jammies with the feet cut off and put on backwards so they are harder to unzip. We call him Harry Hou-weenie.

• Like 3

Mine was pretty good today. We mostly just fought over the doors and windows. I wanted them open, to get some fresh air inside. He kept closing them. Over, and over, and over, and over. Sigh.

I also have to take him with me to the bathroom, he cannot be trusted for 20 seconds. Today while I was using the restroom he pulled himself up into the sink and turned the water on. Soaking himself and splashing me. That counts as bath, right?

• Like 1

During a 45 minute period this morning: 

drew on my sheets with an ink pen

pulled apart three necklaces so she could have the shiny bits

climbed onto the cabinets so she can access the cookie jar, eaten 8 cookies and crumbled more into bits

dumped barbies all over the floor

took scissors and cut bits out of the bags for the chocolate chips, almonds, sugar (there was a picture of cookies on them)

wiped boogers all over my dress clothes that were airing out

found the school reward stickers, stuck them on our wood floors

bit her sister

spun a full toilet paper roll onto the floor, tore it to bits

tore apart a pink feather boa of her sister's 

took off her diaper, sat on the toilet so she could get m&m's, put the diaper back on, peed in the diaper, demanded a diaper change...at which point I became involved again....

She had been under the "care"of her teen older brother who apparently played minecraft for those 45 minutes while I was teaching one on one with a kid who needed help.

I'm making lunch now, and while the teen cleans up the rest of the mess.

• Like 2

Not too bad today. She lost my brush before I brushed my hair to go to a funeral. She spit up (which she hasn't done in almost a year?!?!) on her only black dress before we went to the funeral. She had a poopsplosion on the bloomers of the navy dress I changed her into. She spent the funeral pulling everything out of my purse, eating it, or ripping it to shreds. And I let her so she wouldn't scream because we only got there ten minutes early and got some of the last seats and there were people standing all over the place and blocking the exits so taking her out would have been a nightmare.

• Like 1

Our living room windows are (nearly) floor to ceiling, with a small sliding portion at the bottom, about a foot off the floor, that opens horizontally. He learned how to unlock both the locks on the windows, pushed the screens out and let the cats out. One we caught as it was halfway out the window, the other had already escaped and spent the day gallivanting about the neighborhood in the rain. She came back tonight, and I got to bathe a wet, muddy, briar-entangled ticked off long-haired tortie.

Pass the wine, please.

• Like 2

- got impatient for the soup that was cooling down on the counter, pulled a chair up to the counter to get it herself. When I told her "No!" and came running over, picked up the bowl and threw it down to the ground, breaking the bowl and covering my kitchen in soup.

- unzipped her sleeper and took her diaper off during naptime, then pooped. Painted the crib with it.

- during a bath after the above, took the shampoo bottle while I was grabbing a towel for her. Thought it was a water bottle and tried to drink it.

- found the Math U See Epsilon DvD that her older brother had accidentally left out after watching today's lesson. Chewed on it. DvD no longer works. Those suckers are EXPENSIVE. He had just finished watching Lesson ONE, so it was brand new.

- was happily toddling after me when I stubbed my toe on the leg of a new table we just bought. It ripped half my toenail off. I said a four letter word that apparently made quite an impression as she had repeated it several times today, especially when Daddy first came home.

The good news is that I'm 8 months pregnant so pretty soon she's gonna go straight into "big sister" mode and get over all this nonsense... right?

No? Not how this works, you say? Okay then. I'll stock up on wine for after the baby's born.

• Like 3

I woke up to DS2 saying 'mama, whee, mama, whee'. He rarely speaks, so I was excited to hear him use words, till I opened the door.

He undressed himself from his sleeper sack (on backwards so he can't reach the zipper) and somehow scaled his dresser (how, I don't know, we took off the handles so he couldn't climb it). Standing on top of his dresser he was removing the dirty cloth diapers from the diaper bin and throwing them about his room, yelling 'mama, whee' each time. 

At least I got a 'look' and 'oops' when I came in. 

Not what I needed after only 3 hours of sleep.

• Like 1