Menu

After 11 pm and 79 degrees

It is 73 here at 11:20. I am very excited for the temps to started going down. Then, maybe, the stupid blood suckers will go away (mosquitos are awful here). They follow us in the house and prey upon our unsuspecting bodies.

I have some fab new socks I made and want to wear. So I am definitely excited about that! And to get outside without bug spray and without sweating like mad would be wonderful. I love to go on walks when the temps start dropping. Ahhh, fall is grand!

I'd trade you.

We are at 48 degrees tonight and might have to start up our furnace before the end of Sept. Ugg! Our heating bill will be awful this year!

Wow! I thought we were getting some cool weather.

We have a foretasted low of 50-something degrees tonight. I don't remember exactly. I'm too lazy to go look at the outside thermometer right now.

Wow! I thought we were getting some cool weather.

We have a foretasted low of 50-something degrees tonight. I don't remember exactly. I'm too lazy to go look at the outside thermometer right now.

Yes, we have had cold damp weather for about three days now. I'm hoping it passes as we still have green tomatoes to ripen.

Central time zone, 10:30pm and 78 degrees here in south Alabama. I stopped by Toys R Us this evening and walked through the Babies R Us section. I stopped at these cute Halloween shirts that would be adorable on our 2yr old. However, they are all long sleeves and at least slightly thick. Why in the world do they even bother putting these in our stores?? It'll be Christmas before there is the slightest chance our little guy will need a shirt like this. We need sleeveless thin little Halloween shirts here.

Don't even get me started on the Halloween trick-or-treating costumes! I'm amazed kids aren't passing out left and right around here from the hot, winter-like costumes out there. It's so hard to find something really cute that isn't made for trick-or-treating in the tundra! :lol: ;)

Back on topic, I am thrilled to see we are having highs in only the 80s this week! I might can pretend that means fall!

It is 11:35, 80 degrees, with 74% humidity, so it feels like 105, no jk, feels like 83, but I think it is like 95 in my house--I think my ac is dying!!! When is it ever going to get cool!!!! It has been really hot and humid here lately!!!! And I cooked a veggie soup that had to stew for hours because dd is ill, so my kitchen, where I am , is sweltering--ughhh! I need to turn in--night all!

Central time zone, 10:30pm and 78 degrees here in south Alabama. I stopped by Toys R Us this evening and walked through the Babies R Us section. I stopped at these cute Halloween shirts that would be adorable on our 2yr old. However, they are all long sleeves and at least slightly thick. Why in the world do they even bother putting these in our stores?? It'll be Christmas before there is the slightest chance our little guy will need a shirt like this. We need sleeveless thin little Halloween shirts here.

Don't even get me started on the Halloween trick-or-treating costumes! I'm amazed kids aren't passing out left and right around here from the hot, winter-like costumes out there. It's so hard to find something really cute that isn't made for trick-or-treating in the tundra! :lol: ;)

Back on topic, I am thrilled to see we are having highs in only the 80s this week! I might can pretend that means fall!

I have opposite problem with 12 and up girls, never can find anything that doesnt make their parts hang out. Other than a mummy.

Btw, warm here too, sleeping with fan on. But thats probably menopause, more than heat.

So I'm guessing no one at your house will be dressing up as Chewbacca for Halloween??? ;)

Halloween here can be warm and humid or chilly and drizzly. It's hard to know what costume to choose when the weather is so freaky! All the good ones are gone if you wait to long.

Chelle

So I'm guessing no one at your house will be dressing up as Chewbacca for Halloween??? ;)

Chelle

LOL, right! No Chewbacca but ironically I am thinking the 2yr old would be adorable as Yoda. I need to get that ordered. The 12 yr old says he's going to hand out candy but I expect him to change his mind. I'm sure the 10yr old would love to dress as some Pokemon but those are SO hot most of the time!

It's sweltering hot here on Halloween virtually ALL the time here. On the very rare occasion it might be mildly chilly.

LOL, right! No Chewbacca but ironically I am thinking the 2yr old would be adorable as Yoda. I need to get that ordered. The 12 yr old says he's going to hand out candy but I expect him to change his mind. I'm sure the 10yr old would love to dress as some Pokemon but those are SO hot most of the time!

It's sweltering hot here on Halloween virtually ALL the time here. On the very rare occasion it might be mildly chilly.

Yoda would be a great costume for your 2 yr old, I'm sure! My 6 yo son wants to be a Jawa. 'Course I can't find a costume to buy, I don't sew, and I can't see paying our seamstress to make it. Looks like I'm going to be nixing that idea.

Chelle

Sure! Come on up! I've oodles of sweatshirts!

Grab Melissa on your way by her place!

Chelle

Oh, sure, here you are, planning another party without me! :crying:

We actually slept with the windows open last night, it was that cool! Too bad about the cat fight in our front yard in the middle of the night, though. Right now it's 55 degrees -- lovely, lovely fall weather.

Oh, sure, here you are, planning another party without me! :crying:

We actually slept with the windows open last night, it was that cool! Too bad about the cat fight in our front yard in the middle of the night, though. Right now it's 55 degrees -- lovely, lovely fall weather.

Well, I just figured you'd be off dancin' a jig somewhere...

:D

Chelle