Menu

Update in 1st post: PICTURE of MEET IN PERSON

Garga

Newest Update:

I cannot figure out for the life of me how to make my picture small enough to insert in this post, so I was forced to put it on my old blog.  Here is a link to the picture

If you click on the picture, it should be nice and large so you can get a good look at us. :tongue_smilie:

UPDATE:

I can't believe I forgot to tell people which door to enter. There's a door with a carport.  NOT that one.  There's a door with stairs.  NOT that one.

There's a door with a ramp.  THAT ONE. 

It won't hurt to go into other doors, but you also won't be in the gym with the rest of us.  :)

ORIGINAL POST BELOW:

Don't forget, if you live in the South Centra PA or Northern areas of MD we are meeting in person this Thursday.

Info:

Date: Sept 10, 2015
When: 12-3 (but the doors open at 11 and close at 4 for set up and clean up.)
Where: Bethel Assembly of God Church
1125 Frederick Pike
Littlestown, PA 17340

This is not a religious event. We're meeting in the church because it has a huge gym for older kids to run in (and balls and stuff), a play area with slides and ball pit for little kids, and a full kitchen for lunches.

Food: bring your own. If you want to share something, great. If not, great.

Anyone can come. Introverts who want to sit quietly are welcome. Extroverts who want to talk a lot are welcome. Those of us in the middle (like me) can talk and be quiet in turns. Don't worry if you're shy. Everyone was very kind when we met in March.

What I enjoyed about the last meet up was going home and then seeing posts by people I'd met in real life and being able to read them in that person's voice.

See you there!

• Like 24

I was expecting Oreos.

Oreos. I love Oreos. I could bring Oreos. Or is that a private joke? Oh, who cares!? Oreos are good, private joke or no!

Chocolate or vanilla? Regular or Double Stuf or Mega Stuf? Or one of the fall colors, if I can find them?

Or maybe I should bring my big bag of candy corn. I love the stuff and managed to walk past it in the store, without buying it, for 2 weeks in a row. And then DH brought me a present: a big bag of candy corn. I can't resist the stuff if it's in the house. I need to get it out of the house. :(

• Like 1

Oreos. I love Oreos. I could bring Oreos. Or is that a private joke? Oh, who cares!? Oreos are good, private joke or no!

Chocolate or vanilla? Regular or Double Stuf or Mega Stuf? Or one of the fall colors, if I can find them?

Or maybe I should bring my big bag of candy corn. I love the stuff and managed to walk past it in the store, without buying it, for 2 weeks in a row. And then DH brought me a present: a big bag of candy corn. I can't resist the stuff if it's in the house. I need to get it out of the house. :(

No, not a private joke; a public joke. There is a poll up about it and my OP about eating them when I don't like them. But I say, by all means, bring Oreos, because chances are good I won't make a pig of myself with them. :)

I'm sure there are candy-corn flavored Oreos at present.

Some of my people are sick, so I don't know if we will make it or not. If they are all fever free by Wednesday morning, it's a go, but if they aren't fever free for 24 hours beforehand, we won't make it. I hope they are better by then, but I'm not holding my breath, as this one seems to be taking a while for the fever to disappear. :(

I may not be able to make it. Thursdays got interesting for dh when school starting and its the only day he needs a vehicle. If my parents don't need both their vehicles then we'll be there

Well I hope you come so I can get a baby girl fix. :)

• Like 3

No baby yet... but the teacher has an appt today and thinks they will schedule a stress test to see if everything is ok letting the baby continue to stay inside until they are good and ready.  

At this point it would be really nice if the youngster decided to start the arrival process on Friday.  I'd like to see everyone who can make it.

Time will tell - as always when waiting for a baby!

• Like 2

Just finished talking with the teacher... she's thinking the baby won't come until next week.

If she's right about the timing, I'll be there tomorrow. ;)

If not... oh well, but at this point I'm seriously hoping she's right.

So I am not the only one showing on condition of no baby arrival. :)

• Like 5

I am sorry, ladies, but we won't be making it tomorrow. :(. My people are still coughing way too much for me to feel comfortable letting them in close contact with other little ones, and at least one still has a fever.

Garga, I am really sorry I won't be able to give you a hand in cleaning up.

Have fun, and hopefully we can set up another one soon!

I am sorry, ladies, but we won't be making it tomorrow. :(. My people are still coughing way too much for me to feel comfortable letting them in close contact with other little ones, and at least one still has a fever.

Garga, I am really sorry I won't be able to give you a hand in cleaning up.

Have fun, and hopefully we can set up another one soon!

Well, the cleaning won't be as onerous as I would have thought.  I'll be using the church again on Friday and so some of the stuff we pull out for our WTM gathering can stay out for the event on Friday.  :) 

But I am sorry that your guys can't make it.  My boys were looking forward to hanging out with them.  I hope they're all better soon.

• Like 3

Lol - I am due any day now though it's looking like today is not a baby day... Which is good because I have a lot of things left to do but this heat is wearing down my resolve. :)

I fully expect you to hold off until at least Friday too, esp if I get to come.  The teacher's due date was yesterday... so time will tell.

Hmm, I just realized I need to come up with something to bring... I doubt it will be anything home made, esp since my plans could change last minute.

It might be simple cheese and crackers again, if not that, then something of similar "difficulty."

After that diet thread, I'm half wondering what's ok to bring... ;)

• Like 1

Hmm, I just realized I need to come up with something to bring... I doubt it will be anything home made, esp since my plans could change last minute.

It might be simple cheese and crackers again, if not that, then something of similar "difficulty."

After that diet thread, I'm half wondering what's ok to bring... ;)

I didn't read the diet thread so I'm fine with whatever you bring. I'm bringing chocolate cookie outside/double stuf inside Oreos.

• Like 2

Well, the cleaning won't be as onerous as I would have thought. I'll be using the church again on Friday and so some of the stuff we pull out for our WTM gathering can stay out for the event on Friday. :)

But I am sorry that your guys can't make it. My boys were looking forward to hanging out with them. I hope they're all better soon.

Thanks! They're sorry to be missing a chance to hang out with your guys too, but we really don't want to spread this one, as it's mostly in the chest and has some nasty coughing.

• Like 3

I'm here for the photos. :)

Great... now I have to pay attention to what I wear.  (sigh)

:lol:

So far, no news from the teacher via text or school e-mail, so I'm thinking I should be able to be there.

Gotta get critter chores done, shower, and unless something else looks appealing at the store, I'll be bringing cheese and crackers.

• Like 2

Leaving here soon too.  It took me a tad bit longer with the ponies this morning as I had to get oodles of burdock out of our soon-to-be gelding.   :glare:   But I promise I've showered since then!

Hubby was a saint and went out to the store fetching the cheese.  He's not coming as the vet needs someone here to assist with gelding.  It's a good thing such things don't bother him!  Our vet told us some males faint "helping" with the procedure.   :lol:

Tomorrow's my first day with the new assignment at school.  It's a good thing (for me) we picked today for the get together.  Sorry for all those who can't make it though.   :sad:

It was a lovey afternoon, just like last time. I'm looking forward to spring when we can meet again. I was so hyped up seeing everyone that I forgot to try the salsa and pepper jelly! Doh!

Since I am a semi-serious photographer I am completely, totally, ridiculously incapable of putting a picture online that I haven't edited, at least a smidge (brightness or colors or something.) So...when I have a chance this evening or tomorrow I'll pop the picture onto my laptop and get it ready for us.

But again, it was just delightful to see everyone.

• Like 5

I'm glad I was able to come!  It was great seeing the folks from March and meeting our new friends!  It really is nice to put people behind posts!

As an update... I got home to find out school changed their minds and I will get paid tomorrow rather than volunteering to do the job right!   :hurray:

And our colt is still a colt.  The vet had two emergencies come up.  So the gelding will happen tomorrow - hubby will still be the one here to help, since I'll be at school.

Food-wise?  Loved Momsinthegarden's pepper jelly AND Quill's cupcakes!  It's rare that I find a baked sweet I like, but Quill, you've done it.  You ought to post the recipe just in case I want to confuse my boys at some point and have them wondering what happened to their real mother.  ;)

Momsinthegarden, next time you come you need to bring extra pepper jelly you can sell to me.  I've been trying to explain it to hubby... I know he'd love it.

• Like 5