Menu

Board History

PIE!

Is there a board history thread out there? It seems like a group of classical educators ought to understand the importance of preserving history. :)

If there is one, where? If not, could we start one please? All you who are familiar with board history could post links of epic threads.

I've been around here for years now, but on another thread Phred was mentioned, and I didn't recognize that one. Who is Phred? Were those threads deleted, or could somebody post them?

I'm on a tablet now, but later, if there is interest, I'll dig up the threads I remember most, like the cupcakes, shopping carts, or crockpots. And of course the Great Kerfluffle. Maybe even the one where the mom kept getting run of the sidewalk by a stroller lady. I don't remember if Carol from IL's entertaining threads were deleted, I'll have to check. Those would be worth posting too.

But in the meantime, who is Phred?

• Like 1

Hmm, maybe this wasn't meant to be. I just went searching for some of these threads, and it appears many were deleted. Possibly because many of them were riddled with celebrity kilt pictures that they had to be taken down for copyright reasons. Or maybe we're just not supposed to bring up some of the unpleasant past.

But I'm sure there are some epic threads out there that didn't get nasty or post celebrity pictures. And I still don't know who Phred is. Maybe I will never know.

• Like 1

I want to know where Colleen in WA went.  I don't even remember if that was her username - maybe it was just Colleen.  She was married to a Swiss dairy farmer and had a number of boys.

Last she posted she and her husband were divorcing.  That made me sad.  I think she may have put her kids in public school...at least part of them.

i think one of the topics we're to avoid is discussions about the board, which would make having a board history thread difficult.

I vaguely remembered Colleen being around in the past year or so, but I didn't realize about the divorce.  That's sad.

I remember Phred's name, but not much about him.  I've spent long periods of time just reading forum posts on high school science and math, though, and been fairly unaware of what else is going on.

Ah, Phred.  I'd forgotten about him.  Here is an old Phred thread where he has the unique opportunity to participate in a discussion all about him.

I think Colleen popped in recently (or at least in the last year or so).

That thread had quite a few posters who aren't around any longer.  Jenny in Atl, Pam "SFSOM" in TN, Plaid Dad.... Wonder what they're doing now?

• Like 3

I'm sure more than a few newcomers have no idea what SFSOM means.

Bill (feeling old :D)

Sister Flaming Sword of Moderation!

I'm guessing many of them have graduated their kids and moved into another phase of life. Some had big changes, like divorce or a return to school for a midlife career change, and/or the decision to no longer home school. A number of them can be found almost exclusively on the high school board.

• Like 2

I STILL want to know about the outcome of the thread where someone's sister or sil or friend (can't remember!) heard someone in their house on a recording they made. It was the creepiest thread, and I never found out how it resolved!!

That was a very creepy thread! I don't think they ever solved it.

That was a very creepy thread! I don't think they ever solved it.

They never did solve it, and the IIRC, the OP's sister took the info to the authorities, so she stopped posting about it here just in case. Colleen is still around occasionally. I think Plaid Dad stopped homeschooling and started a cottage school, didn't he? I won't comment on the Phred thing :D The crazy stroller lady thread did wrap itself up with no climactic resolution. 

Now if only we could determine once and for all which crockpot truly contains no lead whatsoever...

I sometimes wonder how Jessica from Trivium Academy is doing.

She had a blog for awhile. She put her daughter in school and remarried, and was working at a bank, where last I read, she was doing very well and bring promoted through the ranks. She was very happy, which is so nice to know.

Maybe a career as a PI is in my post-homeschooling future! Mostly I'm just really nosy :lol: 

• Like 1

I liked Phred.

I think his banning was unfair. The board culture has changed a lot since the old days.

Bill

I liked Phred and miss his posts. I don't remember what his banning was about but I was sorry he had to go.

That thread about Phred has a post from nmoira.  :crying: