Menu

He made it to 3!

AimeeM

11150708_10152852704086824_9005541959151

The Marvelous Flying Marco turned 3 this past Sunday! He made it alive! Lol. 

I didn't want to post anything about it until he actually turned 3. I know "jinxing" doesn't actually happen, but I swear I made the same comment (as above) to my mother about a week before his birthday and a couple days later we thought we'd have to rush him to the ER because we were worried he had swallowed some coins. Mind you, of all the mischief Marco manages to get himself into, RARELY has he ever "mouthed" anything, until just a few weeks ago. Luckily Tony (Dh) dragged out his dusty old stethoscope and monitored his airway and then we just watched his bowel movements - so far, so good, and now I'm putting my wallet behind the Keurig for safe keeping :p

Regardless, here's semi-recent footage of my ridiculously intelligent, witty, affectionate, oh-so-adventurous Little Boy! He can be hard to video. I'm a bit biased, but isn't he fabulous? I didn't have time to take pictures at the boys' party (both boys celebrated their birthdays together on Saturday, even though middle DS' birthday was a month ago), as I was trying to keep Marco from diving head first into the lit cake candles.

• Like 15

This past Christmas morning in an ER far from home. As soon as the doctor put his elbow "back in place", he was amusing (or something) the hospital staff by running out of the exam room, trying to climb their Christmas trees, scaling the exam room sink and appliances, and just generally making mom's hair turn gray, little by little.

Who would think it looking at this adorable babe?

10686898_10152975418614479_1373360767588

Our two year old is the same way. Adorable, evil, mischievous - I'm assuming God makes them cute so we don't throttle them when we end up heading to the ER ;)

OK, that is adorable.  What a smart little guy you have there!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARCO!!!

The day I took that video, he was given his very own "school books" - he was BEYOND thrilled. Well, for a whole 20 minutes; after that decided to scribble on all of the pages :P

• Like 1

The day I took that video, he was given his very own "school books" - he was BEYOND thrilled. Well, for a whole 20 minutes; after that decided to scribble on all of the pages :P

Oh man, that's Holly. She colors better than her almost-five brother, and sits still better, too. she is just *positive* she is a big kid and gets very confused and grumpy when she can't do absolutrly everything her older siblings can, or her lack of size or ability to levitate disrupts her schemes. She and Marco would probably level the house and light crap on fire with nary a spark if they ever had a playdate :lol:

Here was baptism day. He wasn't baptised until almost 2, lol. Why? Because we were terrified to take him into a church. We actually hired a sitter to sit with him most Sundays because he would just as soon fly down the stairs of the cry room and scale every pew before quickly racing down the aisle. 

He was cute as a button on his baptism day!

But within 5 minutes of entering the church, the running joke (yes, said AT the baptism) was if we should ask for an exorcism instead. (Don't worry - we were just joking, lol; no babies were exorcised during this broadcast).

1010700_10152059507826824_94515084799280

Then...

10169320_10152059362266824_3085598490710

And finally...

10154360_10152059395846824_6452606987852

AMEN.

;)

• Like 2

He's so cute! You gotta watch out for those smart ones, they'll run you ragged in the toddler years! Our second boy is a bit Marco-ish...he managed to jump off our bed and hit his head on the dresser and need 8 stitches at 2 when his little sister was 2 months old. He was also climbing the dollhouse roof at 10 months before he could walk and scaling the slide at 15 months, again before he could actually walk properly. I always say I'll consider myself successful as a parent if he reaches age 10 alive. Sounds like every birthday for Marco will be a big milestone for the same reason, haha!

He's so cute! You gotta watch out for those smart ones, they'll run you ragged in the toddler years! Our second boy is a bit Marco-ish...he managed to jump off our bed and hit his head on the dresser and need 8 stitches at 2 when his little sister was 2 months old. He was also climbing the dollhouse roof at 10 months before he could walk and scaling the slide at 15 months, again before he could actually walk properly. I always say I'll consider myself successful as a parent if he reaches age 10 alive. Sounds like every birthday for Marco will be a big milestone for the same reason, haha!

I hate to say it, but we avoid parks like the plague. Sounds terrible of me, but I sincerely cannot keep an eye on my barely-6 year old (tiny and has medical special needs) AND keep Marco from killing himself on the equipment... even the "toddler" playgrounds. 

Oh man, that's Holly. She colors better than her almost-five brother, and sits still better, too. she is just *positive* she is a big kid and gets very confused and grumpy when she can't do absolutrly everything her older siblings can, or her lack of size or ability to levitate disrupts her schemes. She and Marco would probably level the house and light crap on fire with nary a spark if they ever had a playdate :lol:

Ah - Marco would LOVE your Holly! His big brother (and his big cousins) can't keep up and it either frustrates him or amuses him (in an evil kind of way). 

My nephew stayed with us for a couple days (just left yesterday, actually). Nephew is DS6's age. At least a dozen times I heard "AUNT MEEEMEEEE, Marco is climbing/jumping/flipping-over x"... or an ear shattering scream from one of the "big boys" before I would see Marco gleefully running from the bedroom with whatever treasure he had snatched.

At least twice a day I have to rescue DS6 from being used as a jungle-gym by Marco.

Blessedly, as bad as it sounds between the two of them, they ADORE each other (DS6 and Marco). Thank GOD. 

What?! You're supposed to tell me that the adventurous children are the calm, well-adjusted big kids/adults.

Well, when he visits I don't have to pull him out from under the pew at Mass anymore, but he did hike the Colorado Trail solo one summer (about 500 miles) with only a back pack and a tarp, no tent. He rock climbs and rides his bike for 20+ miles. I would say he's calm, laid back, not a worrier, but unafraid of a challenge. And he's still alive!