Menu

If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

Why does God put so much value in faith?

"Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld." (Heb. 11:1)

Perhaps you asked this because you believe God expects blind faith?

"For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope"-- Romans 15:4

"for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so."

Acts 17:11, 12

1 Thessalonians 5:21, "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is right." (NW)

Faith is also strengthened when a person acts on God’s promises and then sees the evidence of God’s blessing on what he has done.—See Psalm 106:9-12.

God also expects more than faith. "faith without works is dead." (Jas. 2:26)

"Why are there love bugs??" But ask me tomorrow and I'll probably come up with something a little more poignant.

As far as meeting a historical figure, hmmm, I think I'd have to meet Mary during Jesus' younger years. I would love to know the things that she thought about, knowing what he would become...

I'd ask why he puts such value in faith.

That's a good question Phred.

Since I have a pressing question for Him right this minute, I would ask Him where He would have me use my skills and talents to the best use of His purposes.

I would love to walk and talk with the woman who was healed of her female disease. The one where Jesus asks, "Who touched me?"

Is there really only one path to you? (And then I'd have subquestions depending on the answer.)

Is there only one true religion and does belonging to it depend on geographical location?

Ephesians 4:5 says there is "one Lord, one faith."

Matt. 7:13, 21-23 "Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.""Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness."

Rom. 10:2, 3: "I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."

1 Cor. 1:10: "Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought."

"It will be in those days that ten men out of all the languages of the nations will take hold, yes, they will actually take hold of the skirt of a man who is a Jew [spirit-anointed Christian, part of "the Israel of God"], saying: ‘We will go with you people, for we have heard that God is with you people.’" (Zechariah 8:23; Galatians 6:16)

"Look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb." (Revelation 7:9)

Is there a religion that includes all nations, tribes and tongues yet teaches the same thing in all of them?Yes

Tracts, brochures, magazines, and books have been translated into 437 languages.

In what has become the greatest preaching campaign the world has ever known, we speak this message in hundreds of languages. We deliver it in more than 230 lands; these lands have not just missionaries but native peoples united in their desire to serve God, all meeting the same standards of conduct.

Is there only one true religion and does belonging to it depend on geographical location?

Ephesians 4:5 says there is "one Lord, one faith."

Matt. 7:13, 21-23 "Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.""Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness."

Rom. 10:2, 3: "I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."

1 Cor. 1:10: "Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought."

"It will be in those days that ten men out of all the languages of the nations will take hold, yes, they will actually take hold of the skirt of a man who is a Jew [spirit-anointed Christian, part of "the Israel of God"], saying: ‘We will go with you people, for we have heard that God is with you people.’" (Zechariah 8:23; Galatians 6:16)

"Look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb." (Revelation 7:9)

Is there a religion that includes all nations, tribes and tongues yet teaches the same thing in all of them? Yes

Tracts, brochures, magazines, and books have been translated into 437 languages.

In what has become the greatest preaching campaign the world has ever known, we speak this message in hundreds of languages. We deliver it in more than 230 lands; these lands have not just missionaries but native peoples united in their desire to serve God.

Hmm, I could have sworn the title of the thread was "If you could ask God one question, what would it be?"

Hmm, I could have sworn the title of the thread was "If you could ask God one question, what would it be?"

:bigear: I hear you. I am sorry if I am pushing it, but my conscience will not allow me to remain quiet when God answers many of our questions in his letter to us, the Holy Scriptures.:chillpill: I am pretty sure I am done, as most of the big questions are already taken care of.:001_cool:

Board Rules

Do not assume that everyone on the boards shares a particular religious conviction

Answer questions that are posted but don't use these questions as an excuse to springboard into criticism. For example: If someone asks, "What are your kids dressing up as for Halloween?" don't launch into an explanation of how evil Halloween is. If someone asks, "Is Halloween evil?" have a ball. (Conversely: if someone posts, "We don't do Halloween; what can we substitute?" don't take this as an opportunity to prove to them that Halloween is really just fine.)

My take on this was that this thread started out as a theological thread.:001_huh: I have not criticised anyone. Every question that I have addressed with scriptures has been asked; I have not gone with my own agenda. I will not post any more scriptures on this thread. I don't want to ruin it for everyone by getting it deleted. For the record, this is the only complaint I have seen. ::waving a white flag::

I haven't read all the replies, but I have a feeling that if I were in the presence of the Almighty God of the universe, there wouldn't be many questions on my mind!

Hypothetically though, I really don't have any "big" questions for God. While I do have a few "why?" circumstances in my life, I have a feeling that in His presence, I'll understand or it won't matter. Now, what would I say in His presence? I have a feeling that, like Isaiah, I would be saying, "woe is me, for I am a (wo)man of unclean lips!" I would be thanking Him for my salvation and for the blessings He chose to bestow on my life, in spite of my unworthiness.

Who would I like to talk with? Well, one day I will talk with Moses, David, John, John the Baptist, Paul, Peter, Eve, Mary, etc...so I guess I'll choose...Hitler...and I won't talk with him. But I will try my best to beat the crud out of him. I bet I could take him! :D

seriously?

"Could you please admit us 10.6 unworthy folks through these gates pretty please with sprinkels on top?"

figure if I can just get in the gates, the other answers will be clearer

if one doesn't believe in God, well then, I guess they'd be talking to themselves and thus any answer they get would be answers they themselves created?

if one does believe in God. I suppose the ills of the world are reflected in how one views God. I view him as a Father. A father who has given everything for His children, knowing that at some point they may choose to toss it all away and him with it. I don't view that as a unloving or uncaring Father. My dh and I have 8.6 children so far. We give everything we have and are for them. And yet they are capable of not loving us in return. Of choosing to not believe us or in us. Of choosing to do wrong. We pray they won't. We try very hard to convince and raise them to be good people.

But if, God forbid, any of them should turn away from all that we've taught them, I still would have no regrets about bringing them into the world and I'd love them still and hope that one day they see reason. I'd be angry, hurt, and many other things. But my desire to have them live and love of them would not change.

a convert to roman catholicism quietly retreating to safe cover from all the tomatoes sure to come her way...

"God, if you created everything...where did sin come from???? You don't sin and you're not the author of it....so um....how, where, why, what???"

And who I'd like to meet and chat with for one day....a pioneer family. No one in particular, but would just love to watch and observe what it was like....

I think I would say....why do we have to have 'the monthly curse'. Okay, I know this is OFF and way out there but I HATE it. Could that be why I have so many children and nurse them forever?? Anything I can do to keep that at bay!!!

I would love to meet Mother Teresa and follow her around and see what makes her tick. Oh to have her heart.

Tricia

http://www.mommyx12.blogspot.com

Oops, forgot to quote--this is in response to Lovedtodeath:

"I am sorry if I am pushing it, but my conscience will not allow me to remain quiet when God answers many of our questions in his letter to us, the Holy Scriptures"

I do feel you are pushing it--the question was specifically if you could ask God a question--not to be answered by any human, no matter what they believed..

Why the female pleasure organ is in a strategically disadvantageous location

Well, I'm not God, but...

:o

OK. I've thought about this myself, and concluded that it would make childbirth much more horrible than it already is because of the abundance of nerve endings. Also, it would be more likely to tear during birth (yikes!). I believe that is also why there are not as many nerve endings inside the "canal".

My take on this was that this thread started out as a theological thread.:001_huh: I have not criticised anyone. Every question that I have addressed with scriptures has been asked;

Well, but the questions weren't really asked of members on the board. In other words, I didn't start a thread asking, "Do you think there is only one path to God?" If I had, your answer would have been totally appropriate, as would the answer "No, because I don't believe there is a God."

But that wasn't the point of this thread. The point of this thread was to list questions we would like to ask God. Not board members.

Most of my answer was providing scriptures. Many believe the scriptures to be written by God.

Certainly, many do. But not everyone does. The inerrancy of the Bible can certainly not be assumed as fact on this message board. Would you appreciate it if someone posted verses from the Koran in answer to a question you said you wanted to ask God?

I believe you mean well, but that doesn't mean it's appropriate.

(apologies if this is disjointed or abrupt. My toddler is begging me to log off and read to him, which I'm going to do.)

:) I should not have posted my last rebuttal, as I really do not want to add to any debating or hostilities. For those that benefit from my posts, good! If not, then that is your choice.

I was ignoring it, but I'm having trouble letting this one go...if proselytizing is not allowed on this board, then your take on the beneficial nature of your posts and our "choice" not to benefit from rulebreaking is not really relevant. I think I was being taken in by the smileys.

I know I already picked my person, but reading to my kids makes me want to find out a lot more about Empress Theodora. Wow, that was one roller-coaster of a life!