Menu

Another edition of "First World Problems"

UncleEJ

Ok, I have two.

First, my refrigerator has an ice and water dispenser in the door. Yay! Except, the ice maker must fill up a little to full because, instead of individual ice cubes, it spits out a rows of like 8 cubes stuck together. Of course a row of 8 cubes will not dispense. So I have to open the door to reach in and retrieve my ice. Wah! The horror!

Second, DD is so tall and skinny that she wears different size shirts and pants. So I can't buy her any of the cute summer outfits in Zulily right now that come with shorts and a shirt. She wears a 5t shirt and a 3t shorts. Boo.

Ok, whine over. What are yours?

• Like 2

How timely! I almost put this on fb as a "first world problem"- my refrigerator is spitting out crushed ice whether you push the crushed OR the cubed button! It just started this a couple of days ago and I am finding it very frustrating. I never used the crushed ice option because it kindof spits it out crazily and doesn't all end up in your glass. And here is a seriously embarrassing confession- it didn't even occur to me to open the door and get the ice until I read the OP. How stupid is that? I guess I can start. But the kids can't reach that high, so the issue will still annoy me.

Netflix keeps telling me it "can't load my lists". If I pick someone else's profile it doesn't have any trouble, but it doesn't like my profile.

• Like 3

I can't find a good way to store my many appliances while making them easily accessible for me to use: bread maker, rice maker, slow cooker, mixer, blender, food processor, coffee maker, toaster oven.  I'm ok with leaving the yogurt maker and rotisserie in the pantry but the other stuff I use pretty frequently.

• Like 3

I'm still figuring out how we're going to make 2 vehicles work for 4 drivers (each with their own needs) in about a month.  We had 3 vehicles when my boys were at home and driving, but when youngest left for college, our oldest car got sent to scrap (where it needed to be).  I have no intention of buying a car for a couple of months, nor spending the $$ for either of them to have one at college.

However, the scheduling could be quite problematic soon.

So... I do what I always do when I have problems without solutions.  I put off thinking about it.  When the time comes, something will happen and that will have to be good enough.

• Like 3

I can't find a good way to store my many appliances while making them easily accessible for me to use: bread maker, rice maker, slow cooker, mixer, blender, food processor, coffee maker, toaster oven. I'm ok with leaving the yogurt maker and rotisserie in the pantry but the other stuff I use pretty frequently.

I have this problem as well.

First, my refrigerator has an ice and water dispenser in the door. Yay! Except, the ice maker must fill up a little to full because, instead of individual ice cubes, it spits out a rows of like 8 cubes stuck together. Of course a row of 8 cubes will not dispense. So I have to open the door to reach in and retrieve my ice. Wah! The horror!

Hilarious, as I was just recently lamenting the fact that the ice maker in our fridge went out and you have to actually open the door to get ice. Considering one of the main requirements in a new fridge/freezer for us was the built in ice maker/water dispenser option, this is a big issue for me! (But in my defense I am in a wheelchair and it makes my life easier! However, still unnecessary:)

Hubby laughs because I complain that every time I use the plentiful, beautifully clean water from the tap heated just to my desired temperature to wash hands I can't stand the feel of my dry skin and am forced to use lotion:) wah...

• Like 1

for pants - you can make a non-adjustable waist adjustable.  (I've had to do that for dudling.  if I sized the waist small enough - pants were too short.)

just thread an  elastic through the waist band.  you can add buttons or hooks at each end to attach the elastic.  the button holes don't need to be anything but a slit in the elastic.

• Like 2

Second, DD is so tall and skinny that she wears different size shirts and pants. So I can't buy her any of the cute summer outfits in Zulily right now that come with shorts and a shirt. She wears a 5t shirt and a 3t shorts. Boo.

My dd is in 4T length wise and 3T for size. We opt for a lot of dresses! She wore 4T pants for 3 minutes the other day. Then she ran and tripped because it fell around her ankles. 

I feel your pain. 

I can't find a good way to store my many appliances while making them easily accessible for me to use: bread maker, rice maker, slow cooker, mixer, blender, food processor, coffee maker, toaster oven.  I'm ok with leaving the yogurt maker and rotisserie in the pantry but the other stuff I use pretty frequently.

:iagree: It has almost come to the point where I don't even want to bake/cook anything that requires these machines.  I haven't used my slow cooker in 6 months.

I've started leaving the bread maker and mixer on the counter for days at a time (I have the counter space) just so I don't have to mess with it.

My dd is in 4T length wise and 3T for size. We opt for a lot of dresses! She wore 4T pants for 3 minutes the other day. Then she ran and tripped because it fell around her ankles.

I feel your pain.

DS also has an impossible to fit waist. I have made tucks in almost every pair of non adjustable pants he owns.
  • Like 1

None of my dc could ever wear outfit sets. They were too tall and slim so one or the other piece didn't fit.

Our water is so bad we can't use our icemaker unless we get some sort of system to filter it before it gets to the fridge.  So I have to use ancient technology - ice cube trays, filled with water from the Brita.

Our water is ok but our ice maker doesn't work anymore. So we also have to resort to ancient technology. At least not too ancient--I still remember how hard it was to get the ice out of those horrible aluminum trays from when I was a kid.

My current whine/vent: When I'm driving down the road and the landscaping people use their leaf blowers to blow all the grass clippings into the road just as I'm driving by. :glare:  What's the point anyway? Nothing is actually getting cleaned up and the trash is going to end up in the curb again in a few hours. *sigh*

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED color tiles for my kid's second grade math program!

Oh, wait, it looks like I could use pennies instead for this lesson.

And checkers or leftover paper cups from last month's science experiment would work for that lesson.

Okay, my bad; I WANT color tiles for my kid's math program because they're cute.

• Like 1

I can't find a good way to store my many appliances while making them easily accessible for me to use: bread maker, rice maker, slow cooker, mixer, blender, food processor, coffee maker, toaster oven. I'm ok with leaving the yogurt maker and rotisserie in the pantry but the other stuff I use pretty frequently.

We're appliance hoarding twins!! :-) :-)

How timely! I almost put this on fb as a "first world problem"- my refrigerator is spitting out crushed ice whether you push the crushed OR the cubed button! It just started this a couple of days ago and I am finding it very frustrating. I never used the crushed ice option because it kindof spits it out crazily and doesn't all end up in your glass. And here is a seriously embarrassing confession- it didn't even occur to me to open the door and get the ice until I read the OP. How stupid is that? I guess I can start. But the kids can't reach that high, so the issue will still annoy me.

Netflix keeps telling me it "can't load my lists". If I pick someone else's profile it doesn't have any trouble, but it doesn't like my profile.

To the bolded: We have the SAME EXACT first world problem here!!! Is yours a Kenmore?  Maybe it's a brand thing...

The other problems with our fridge that are making me crazy are also related to our water dispenser/ice dispenser: 

1. Sometimes it won't even give me any ice. It's just too backed up or something in the door. :glare:

2. Not all of my glasses fit in there to get water, including ALL water bottles!

I feel like it's okay to post this here and I'm glad to have a safe place to say it. We are taking a cruise out of Puerto Rico in a few weeks. We have 6 ports to plan stuff in and I'm overwhelmed with the choices and can't make a decision. I want to ask for help, but I know that this is a very good problem to have, so I haven't asked anyone! And I have an ice machine problem too. It shoots ice everywhere!

• Like 1

This may not ever get better.  My 14 yo boy.  I have to choose whether his pants are long enough or they fit in the waist.  The next time he grows, I need to find 38 in length!  That means I have to special order talls!  

And he doesn't notice!  Within the last 6 mo, he went to church in a pair of pants that was too short.  Noticeably to every mom there too short.  He went in early with dh that day.  When I came, I brought the pants that do fit and made him change.  One or two of the moms thanked me.  I gave those too short pants away before the service began.  (They were clean when he put them on and he only wore them about 2 hours.)

• Like 1

This may not ever get better. )

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it won't. My oldest DS wears a size 10 pants and 10-12 shirts. He is 7. 7!! And his newest pair of shoes fit me. I expected this to happen at like age 12 or so. Not 7!