Menu

Who else is having a stormy day?

AnnE-girl

We've had storms off and on since last night, and the potential for tornadoes later this afternoon and evening. No watches or warnings yet, but all the local weather people are freaking out. I'm prepared to go in the basement if needed, but of course DH has to be driving around for work this afternoon, and then he has a volunteer meeting that just can't be postponed because of an event coming up. I just hate waiting for the bad weather to possibly hit and not having everyone home.

Anyone else dealing with bad Midwest storm system?

Hope you all are staying safe.  We have had heavy rain and thunderstorms here.  Mostly just an inconvenience.  I slept on the couch to be near the dog who is not a fan of these things.  Every time I try to take him for a walk, it starts to thunder again, so he has not had a walk yet today - other than a quick potty in the yard.  (This is a dog who walks 3-4 miles a day.) 

We're under a tornado watch here in the Chicago area. The earlier downpours were flooding the roads but not too badly.

My son just left for a chess tournament in Ohio. I'm more worried about his bus possibly driving through bad weather. I can get down to our basement but he's stuck in a bus.

We've had storms off and on since last night, and the potential for tornadoes later this afternoon and evening. No watches or warnings yet, but all the local weather people are freaking out. I'm prepared to go in the basement if needed, but of course DH has to be driving around for work this afternoon, and then he has a volunteer meeting that just can't be postponed because of an event coming up. I just hate waiting for the bad weather to possibly hit and not having everyone home.

Anyone else dealing with bad Midwest storm system?

We are, watching for tornadoes. There were tornadoes west of us a little while ago, but that part seems to have gone north of where I am.

1basson, I hope your husband's flight was ok. I'd be really anxious too.

Skimomma, it's hard for me to say if I'd rather have the snow without the violent weather, or take the bad weather with the 70 degrees we got today.

My DH is home, and other than some brief dime size hail, we've just had some heavy rains. There are warnings that are getting a bit closer to us, but there's still plenty of time for the system to break up or miss us.

No storms here (Upstate SC) yet, but the intense pressure in my sinuses tells me something is brewing out there.

We didn't get more than a sprinkle wherever I was yesterday. We had lots of errands to run, and there was evidence in several places that there had been downpours in areas before we got there, but we never encountered one. 

On Tuesday, we were hit with what the weather guy called a gully washer as ds and I were walking into the local grocery store, and it lasted while we did our quick shopping. As we started driving home, we saw huge puddles and the roadside gullies were filled. By the time we got to our house, just one and a half miles away, the roads were dry to the point of being dusty. 

He got delayed in Charlotte, missed his flight, but is almost in St. Louis now on a later one. I'm watching flight tracker. . . . . . and waiting for him to call and say he's landed.

It might be just as well he had a later flight since a system came through during the evening. Sounds like he arrived after that, and the weather has now straightened up and should be pleasant for the next few days. (Dd is waiting for you guys to decide to move here as she has you dds' lives planned, just so you know.)

Dh was driving home from Arkansas up 44, which is typically a corridor of bad weather. He happened to come through at the exact correct time to miss all of it, at one point delayed by a chance meeting in a Panera parking lot with some random guy -- it turned out the delay meant he missed driving through a bad cell.

The hail earlier this week was pretty spectacular. They were bringing out snow plows to clear it.