Menu

Ignore this thread!

There is a major car theft ring in my city.  We've had 4-5 friends have their cars stolen just since January.  Most of the time, they are stealing trucks or things with 4WD.  They get taken through the border at Laredo and are just gone and unrecoverable. When minivans or cars get stolen, it's usually just for a joy ride or to do something illicit.  They are usually recovered wrecked a few days to a week later.  We don't leave our vehicles in the driveway, code our vehicles to auto-open our garage door, or leave our garage openers in our vehicles.  And....I live in the nice part of town. 

• Like 1

Costa Rica is much prettier than the moon and also has oxygen.

Just got off the phone with the pulmonary clinic getting an rx refill and rescheduling an appointment. Apparently their computer system is changing tomorrow so it was a bit complicated getting all the information down. I couldn't figure out why the lady kept saying "coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee..." except that maybe it's been a really long and complicated day for her. Then I realized she was saying "copy copy copy" (copying the info from one page to another). :D

That must be one of those Freudian things they talk about.😜
  • Like 2

Weird factoid. Last year when DD took the PSAT (as a freshman), we had her provide an email address we specifically set up for that purpose, expecting a barrage of messages. Nope. She got some, but nothing near the volume we had been told to expect. Since the beginning of THIS school year, however, things have ramped up. Doesn't that seem odd? Why now?

Because she’s no longer a freshman

• Like 4

Dd14 has 1001 words so far for today (far more than she's ever written in one day). She is going for 2000, but might not make it due to choir rehearsal. I am guessing this will really help improve her typing speed!

:hurray: Good job! Write on.

ETA: It's a writerly Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

Ok, new vacation plan. We're going to the moon. How much will that cost?

Nothing. You can go anywhere with your imagination and a cardboard box.

My kids don't want to keep the Winnie the Pooh storybook treasury, Thomas the Tank Engine treasury, James Herriot, Rainbow Fish........they have no souls.  :svengo:  :crying:

Keep them for yourself if they make you happy. The kids may appreciate them later.

• Like 2

Early on in my marriage I thought I was crazy and it really ate away at me. An entire family that lies and steals? My mother being everything I said she is? I was the only one who seemed to have a problem with my in-laws in the beginning. It was so hard. As the years went by things started coming out with the treatment of other people that were validating my claims. Matt questioned my mental health until then. It was awful.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   

But in the beginning I was the only one saying it. I was saying that she was horrible and nasty when no one else was looking and that she was only horrible and nasty to me. She lied to me and stole from me and I had no proof. She always loved Matt the best (SIL knows) and always treated him well. So for years I was saying that this mostly kind woman was treating me horribly and being nice to everyone else. MIL & SIL would decide what to say to go against me together. He didn't think that I was severely mentally ill but that's something in my brain was off and perceiving situations incorrectly. Years later it came out that she does that to everyone but essentially everyone was afraid to stand up. She raised them but she didn't raise me and I wasn't afraid of her so I spoke up. It made sense that the problem was me.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I know of someone else (close to me) who was always being blamed for the family friction.  It came out much MUCH later how much she had to deal with, and how much she kept close to her chest so her kids could keep getting on with life.  I'm still not sure it has all come out, either.  The thing is, had she told me sooner I might have been too young and immature to get it.

• Like 2

Define okay.

Yeah, mostly. I'm practicing emotional partitioning. It's hard to live with a person who is rarely happy, often angry, and doesn't communicate well. I get that it's an illness, but I'm tired.

Yes, it's an illness, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

I was talking to the neighbor boy earlier - he had gone trick-or-treating with my kids around the neighborhood and I asked him what it was like at school today after all the candy craziness. He said he and his brother stayed home from school because they were so exhausted from walking around the block and then going home and watching TV that they just couldn't get up for school this morning. :blink: I was dumbfounded.

• Like 3

Not exactly. More he won't acknowledge his effect on the family, and deflects blame. He's getting better, but today is a bad day. He's passive aggressive.

It's not my fault.

Well, time for a dose of active affectionate (for you).  MORE HUGS!   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

DD went to Nana's last night to help hand out candy (mostly for an excuse to dress upðŸ˜.) There weren't very many kids out, so she packed up the candy and went door to door Trick AND Treating, handing out candy to the neighbors. She was quite the hit!

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 8

I think I'm going to bake potatoes for supper. I've written over 3K today, edited about 4K and I'm just brain dead. Potatoes sound about my scope  of culinary talents tonight.

Oh, no!  Run, Dancing potatoes!  Run!

• Like 6

I've been investigating a condition DH was just diagnosed with. I may be back asking for help with food restrictions--don't know yet. But probably. I'm already used to no wheat and no soy, but no milk and no eggs is going to make cooking really, really interesting.

• Like 1

My kids don't want to keep the Winnie the Pooh storybook treasury, Thomas the Tank Engine treasury, James Herriot, Rainbow Fish........they have no souls.  :svengo:  :crying:

What about your grandchildren?  They will need to know about these books.  Some of my favorite memories of Grandpa H's house was reading books he had there.  Some Just So Stories, Paul Bunyan, The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner (hey, it had pictures), Reader's Digest Condensed Books.  I think this is why I can't let go of truly great kids' books -- more reading material for little visitors!

It has been a very long day.  I think in all my running around (while the girls had long art day) I drove at least 150 miles.  I have shoes for my niece's upcoming wedding, however, so I did get one good thing accomplished.

I've schooled the kids, I've arted the kids, I've musicked the kids, I've helped DD16 with her homework.  She is now sitting with DH, going over geometry.  They are both tired, too -- I can hear it.  I have announced that in 10 minutes she needs to be getting ready for bed.

I have not gotten anything further written for NaNo since this morning's 230 words.  My brain is crying like a two-year-old and wants to go to bed.

I have to wait until Friday for more packages of stuff I ordered to come in.  At least some of it will be needed sheets for the Dad Project.  There's an associated cost on another one, however, that I'm not sure I can really claim as a Dad-related expense: I ordered myself a cryocuff set-up.  I figure when I drive to CO by myself in December, spend a week working with and helping Dad, then drive back with him my knees may take a beating and need to be iced.  It's a cost of care for the caregiver expense.

Tomorrow the girls and I can school some more, and the only thing scheduled outside of the house is short Aikido evening.  With luck I can get caught up on my NaNo writing and update my hours/expenses lists for the Dad Project.

I also need to see what else I'm supposed to be remembering.  I have a feeling I'm forgetting something.

Good night, everyone.

• Like 5

I've been investigating a condition DH was just diagnosed with. I may be back asking for help with food restrictions--don't know yet. But probably. I'm already used to no wheat and no soy, but no milk and no eggs is going to make cooking really, really interesting.

diagnosis?
  • Like 1

How was your homeschool after all the candy craziness?

We picked up a discounted bag of Reese’s.

ðŸ©

Yum!

(Where did that poodle come from? Quackers' poodle towel?)

Our day wasn't too bad. No one cried over math. 👠Ds12 said it was so good to spend time with his cello again. :D (He hadn't practiced since last week due to stomach flu.) I tried to take him for a haircut but the wait was too long.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Ok, so. I've decided to read 100 books. I just really love the idea of something so quantifiable without a due date because my time is restricted and I really need to read more so 100 books.

Ground rules:

Must be cover to cover.

Books I'm already reading count once finished.

Bible counts as 4 (Torah, Nevi'im, Ketuvim, NT).

Reread books count.

Books for school don't count.

• Like 6

I was talking to the neighbor boy earlier - he had gone trick-or-treating with my kids around the neighborhood and I asked him what it was like at school today after all the candy craziness. He said he and his brother stayed home from school because they were so exhausted from walking around the block and then going home and watching TV that they just couldn't get up for school this morning. :blink: I was dumbfounded.

I'm guessing the exhausted part was staying up too late watching TV? I hope?

Oh, you couldn't possibly. Seriously? Authorship, geometry, Latin and 100 books. For realsies?

I thought there was no time limit? And, since Critter will live forever, 100 books should be quite doable. Even on top of all that. 

• Like 5

The problem with baking is my lack of discipline and overabundance of waistline.

The neighbor is home! :party: She woke me up to clean up dog vomit. She didn't know I was asleep and she couldn't do it herself. Let'shope she doesn't go back to the hospital whilst I live next door.

COULDN'T! She couldn't do it herself. Bad typo.

• Like 3

I'm back. Not exactly ketchupped. We all have colds. I had hoped it was allergies.... But alas, it is not to be.

I Awana-ed. Our church is very involved in an orphanage in Thailand. It is for kids who are true orphans and have HIV. Our pastor took a trip there a couple weeks ago. Anyhow, this evening we Skyped with one of the gals who works at the orphanage. It was cool. It was 9:00am Thursday there.

Dodgers aren't doing well.😩😩⚾ï¸âš¾ï¸ðŸ‘ŽðŸ‘Ž

• Like 6