Menu

Ignore this thread!

My new goal for today is to stay awake and cause the Reverend beekeeper guest speaker to make it on time to the meeting tonight.  I am doing this by the very force of my will because a geeked up, drugged out, sleepy mama should not be in charge of an entire talk on animal rescue and foster/adoption. :leaving:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Just to be braggy, I have given the dog her heartworm pill and put flea and tick stuff on her.  I also flea and ticked the cats with the last vials of stuff I had (they are indoor only but I'm paranoid due to nonspecified itchy rash which is still present).  AND, I gave myself a B12 shot, hitting a vein, which is rare, so blood ran all down my leg.  When I told one kid this, he said, "Of course you did.  Today."  He had just broken a glass leftover dish, and we cleaned it up together so he felt my Friday the 13th pain.

I elected to take 20 mg of prednisone for the 4th day because the rash is not a ton better but also not worse really so I will let it ride.  I am really not allowed to make any major decisions today.  

Maybe the mechanic will not be done with my odd father's car today because I am probably not the most alert I've ever been in my life.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4

Oh dear, I have wandered drugged and geeked out without the governor on my mouth to the general chat board.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here. :leaving:

It seems we need to call the National Guard out and have them clear and block off any roads that Tex may need to travel today. Like having a presidential motorcade.

• Like 8

I love this. :wub:

I know!  He is nothing if not practical. :laugh:  And he doesn't want to leave a mess for anyone when he is gone.  Having cleaned up Nan's and her husband's mess after they were gone, I can truly appreciate the foresight and kindness to relatives involved in this.

• Like 7

Well, at least the odd father wrapped things up for you.

I just got done listening to the Blue Fairy book, which is quite gruesome, and coloring from my Enchanted Forest coloring book. Back into the frey!

Gruesome, huh? Tell me more. What's it about?

• Like 1

I think I have 4 new friends. I'm saddened by my lack of ability to eat sushi so I made Matt bring California rolls home. And I almost unfriended Tsuga on accident so if I ever unfriend you just rest assured that it's because I'm an idiot. Now Mary's sad because her Pina Colada is cold.

• Like 3

The Styrofoam  recycling place was surprisingly busy.  It was amazingly hard to find too. 

Also - the food bank drop off was amazingly hard to find and no one could tell me where it was.  I actually found that one by accident. 

It's not easy trying to do good. 

Do not give up in doing good, for in due time you will reap a reward.

(loosely)

• Like 7

Gruesome, huh? Tell me more. What's it about?

So far, dogs have been chopped to bits and then cremated, the sultan was cooked in a kettle until his flesh slid off his bones, and that's just the first story!

Lots of death, slaying, chopping, and cruel whimsical fairies....  The Blue Fairy book has the most well-known tales.  Here's the run down between the books:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lang%27s_Fairy_Books

I'll come for dessert.  (I love shrimp, but I'm allergic to limes.  And who eats rice when there are brownies fresh out of the oven?)

Had to google the oranges.  I'm in.  And maybe we can put orange frosting on the brownies with orange slices as a garnish.

• Like 3

So far, dogs have been chopped to bits and then cremated, the sultan was cooked in a kettle until his flesh slid off his bones, and that's just the first story!

Lots of death, slaying, chopping, and cruel whimsical fairies.... The Blue Fairy book has the most well-known tales. Here's the run down between the books:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Lang%27s_Fairy_Books

I thought it was a novel, LOL.

• Like 1

Lots of death, slaying, chopping, and cruel whimsical fairies....  The Blue Fairy book has the most well-known tales.  Here's the run down between the books:

Now I know where my writing style comes from...loved the whole series when I was around 12-13.  :leaving:

I own the Blue, The Red, and The Gray. I love the Gray one for some reason. One of these days I plan to own the Orange and the Green as well.

• Like 1

I have gluten free brownies just out the oven, cilantro lime shrimp going in, and mexican rice cooking in the rice cooker.  I need to toss together a salad, and cut up some cara cara oranges---anyone want to come over for dinner tonight?

I'll come alone. One kid is allergic to citrus, although she loves shrimp, and the other two in the family don't like shrimp. I needed a place to run away to tonight. Thanks! I can taste it now.

• Like 3

I just signed dd up for a paintball outing one day of Spring Break.  Why in the world did they need to know what school she goes to?  I didn't  have a problem with telling them but it seemed like a weird thing for them to be asking.  Did they think her school wasn't on spring break so I was signing her up to play hooky? 

• Like 2

It's lazy curry night here. 

dd doesn't have classes on Fridays so tonight is her 'Friday night'. She's home from school, gone for a run & later we will watch Grey's Anatomy cause that's her idea of a great Friday night LOL 

It's a CURRY BOOYAH!!!

Edited by hornblower
  • Like 8