• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Slache,

I have a favorite calendar I've used for years - already have my 2016 one and started using it (it starts in December).  I'm going to keep plugging along with C2 10K.  I'm reading lit. books with 12yo dd.  I'll read some others along the way, but not making a list ahead of time.  We do a quick Bible time in our morning time and I'm not currently doing anything additional.  (Sounds so boring.)

• Like 2

I'm getting 2016 squared away. It's a December tradition. :D I've picked out my bullet journal, written my budget (I won't link that because you might cry), I've decided on Bible stuffs, and general workout ideas (keeping this loose). I still need to set up my Plan To Eat stuff (got it 50% off on BF/CM, but haven't set it up yet), and decide on a book plan. I try to read 24 books a year. Why are you laughing? Anyway, what about you? Any 2016 plans?

I HAVE TO PLAN FOR NEXT YEAR? :svengo:

• Like 6

Slache,

I have a favorite calendar I've used for years - already have my 2016 one and started using it (it starts in December).  I'm going to keep plugging along with C2 10K.  I'm reading lit. books with 12yo dd.  I'll read some others along the way, but not making a list ahead of time.  We do a quick Bible time in our morning time and I'm not currently doing anything additional.  (Sounds so boring.)

What calendar? I'll start C25K when you're marathoning. Dr. Suess doesn't exactly stimulate my brain.

I HAVE TO PLAN FOR NEXT YEAR? :svengo:

It brings me peace to have a general plan, goals and something to evaluate. I see our lives get a little better each year.

• Like 3

What calendar? I'll start C25K when you're marathoning. Dr. Suess doesn't exactly stimulate my brain.

It brings me peace to have a general plan, goals and something to evaluate. I see our lives get a little better each year.

Calendar:  https://www.taylorintime.com/product/2016-day-planner-refill-white/#

Marathon:  :smilielol5:   :svengo:

What are your 24 books?  (I meant to keep a log of books I read this year, but for some reason I didn't even do very well with that.  It's not even a long list, lol.)

• Like 1

If my BOSS got it, I'd be OK with the others being intractable, but she doesn't get it either and that makes me MENTAL.

They want to be able to record "mail stop" in the address for any given doctor. We have 5 hospitals in our system. "Mail stop" is a field in the address record, meaning that there's a parent-child relationship. The address is the parent container and the mail stop is contained within it, follow me?

They are CONVINCED that they need FIVE FIELDS in the address record so that they can have one for each hospital's mail stop, even though any given mail stop will ALWAYS be tied to a street address which can only possibly be relevant to ONE HOSPITAL. So any given address will only ever need to use one of those five fields they think they want. It's like saying we need a different "city" field for every city in the state because we can't just put different cities in the same field, that's crazy! They are paralyzed and won't just let me solve the problem and it's been SIX MONTHS. Meanwhile we have way more important data that we need to reconcile because FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Shoot me.

I know what would be the perfect addition to your problems. How about your interface with sql server and data processing tool abruptly quits as soon as you open a second script? And you lose everything in the working memory which is how you efficiently work with data without causing the server manager to cut your channel off because you, the analyst, in charge of FEDERAL GOVERNMENT stuff, are "using all this data"? We could combine our problems into a real sh^tstorm.

(((Mark))) People baby talking to me makes me want to throat punch them. You have my empathy!

Slache--it has been a less than stellar week. Dh's car accident, kids with stomach flu, family drama, and my R.A. flaring and I'm ready to hibernate in my bed for the rest of the week. I have gone to buy washi tape two days in a row, which is a definite sign that I'm stressed out. (I go out to the stores by myself for an hour and buy a $2 roll of tape as a mini-treat instead of a food treat. I haven't done it in months...)  That said, my Staedtler pens, planner, and washi tape have been my late night companions as I prepare to roll out into 2016.

On the topic of planners.....I'm finding that I don't block enough time for routine planning tasks....like planning for school. Now that I have so many kids at so many levels in the mix, I need to do that or I'm sabotaging myself for later.  Do you have a good way to block that in to life? I'm giving serious thought to spending an hour every night planning for the next day in addition to my big plan-for-the-next year that I do every Jan-March.

• Like 4

I know what would be the perfect addition to your problems. How about your interface with sql server and data processing tool abruptly quits as soon as you open a second script? And you lose everything in the working memory which is how you efficiently work with data without causing the server manager to cut your channel off because you, the analyst, in charge of FEDERAL GOVERNMENT stuff, are "using all this data"? We could combine our problems into a real sh^tstorm.

Yeah thankfully I have direct access to all of my databases and don't have to work through crazy abstractions or access rules. Sadly, I'm not allowed to actually FREAKING FIX ANYTHING BECAUSE TECHNOLOGY FRIGHTENS MY BOSS.

So really I'm making a relatively exorbitant salary to be tits on a bull because there's just no point in a Sys Admin who you don't empower to admin your system. I spend more time installing monitors than working in the database lately. And now I'm trying to do it all from home because I'm not allowed to drive.

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 1

It doesn't take me very long to routinely plan for school.  I guess we use mostly open and go things.  Once a week I insert a new sheet into my excel spreadsheet, copy and paste the current week over to the new sheet and start rolling forward everything.  I might start it on a Thursday and finish on Friday afternoon (or Sunday if there's no time on Friday) in case I need to take into account things that didn't get finished.  Science is at co-op, so no need to plan for experiments.  If every week wasn't basically the same for us, you would have to lock me up somewhere.   :D 

• Like 1

Yeah thankfully I have direct access to all of my databases and don't have to work through crazy abstractions or access rules. Sadly, I'm not allowed to actually FREAKING FIX ANYTHING BECAUSE TECHNOLOGY FRIGHTENS MY BOSS.

So really I'm making a relatively exorbitant salary to be tits on a bull because there's just no point in a Sys Admin who you don't empower to admin your system. I spend more time installing monitors than working in the database lately. And now I'm trying to do it all from home because I'm not allowed to drive.

Our system admin isn't allowed to do anything either which is why o have to put it all in my working memory and create new tables every day. Give me access to the server!!!

• Like 1

I'm getting 2016 squared away. It's a December tradition. :D I've picked out my bullet journal, written my budget (I won't link that because you might cry), I've decided on Bible stuffs, and general workout ideas (keeping this loose). I still need to set up my Plan To Eat stuff (got it 50% off on BF/CM, but haven't set it up yet), and decide on a book plan. I try to read 24 books a year. Why are you laughing? Anyway, what about you? Any 2016 plans?

Nice! I've gotten my wall calendar printed. I have a new menu planning form that I need to print and try out. I'm waiting until January to make some travel plans.

• Like 1

Two people tried to kill me on the way home from town. I don't know what gets into the traffic at this time of year, but it's enough to make me want to pull the covers over my head and hibernate until January.

Pizza is a good tonic for the stress of near death experiences, right?

• Like 3

Two people tried to kill me on the way home from town. I don't know what gets into the traffic at this time of year, but it's enough to make me want to pull the covers over my head and hibernate until January.

Pizza is a great tonic for stress.

In fact, dh is picking up pizza for us on the way home. :)

What kind are you guys getting Critterfixer?

• Like 2

Calendar: https://www.taylorintime.com/product/2016-day-planner-refill-white/#

Marathon: :smilielol5: :svengo:

What are your 24 books? (I meant to keep a log of books I read this year, but for some reason I didn't even do very well with that. It's not even a long list, lol.)

I don't use calendars like that. Too busy for my autistic brain. I do want The Ultimate Homeschool Planner though, but I don't need it yet.

You will run a marathon. At least a half. I can tell.

I don't have my books picked out yet. My life is getting more complicated. I think I'll read 12 this year.

• Like 1

Slept about four hours and was up for several hours starting at 4 am.  Slept a bit more and got up at 9:30 with the same pounding headache.  Moving slowly but having faith that getting off these drugs* is the right thing to do.

Long story short:  I signed up for a half marathon (to walk) a year ago, then a friend said she couldn't do it so I said I wasn't going to do it, either, but we were still driving to San Antonio to support another friend and staying in a hotel but then my friend said she could not go at all so now I'm not going, either and I have nothing but relief about that.

The newbie therapist I supervise will be calling me today.  Somehow I always pull the last parts of my working brain together for her. :lol:  

In a little bit, little dd will help me dye my roots because that is what it has come to.  This evening I must go to AHG with little dd to make crafts for nursing home residents.

I am juggling a few too many things, and I am avoiding the news.  Also, I told dh this morning that he should look upon me as Anne Frank, not the concentration camp part but the part in which in spite of it all, she still believes that (most) people are good at heart.

About me and this day, it shall be written, "Veni, vidi, vici".   :hat:

*prescription sleep aids, for the lurkers who now think I'm hooked on crack or heroin.

I am wishing I could voluntarily use up all my likes in one fell swoop on the bolded above.

Hugs, Tex.  Praying for a drug-free 8+ hour sleep tonight, and no more headaches.  Ever.  Ain't nobody got time for that. 

• Like 3

Glad they failed, and I know exactly what you mean... I ventured out after dark tonight (my usual curfew is somewhere around 3pm) and was shocked at how mean the after-3pm drivers can be!

Pizza's good.  Margaritas are better. 

• Like 3

I don't use calendars like that. Too busy for my autistic brain. I do want The Ultimate Homeschool Planner though, but I don't need it yet.

You will run a marathon. At least a half. I can tell.

I don't have my books picked out yet. My life is getting more complicated. I think I'll read 12 this year.

I only use the weekly pages.  I love a column for each day and week at a glance.  So many weekly calendars stack the days in rectangles 3 on the left, 4 on the right.  I hate stacked days. 

Running - you are very kind and encouraging which is nice on a day like today when I was supposed to run and didn't because it was cold.  #wimp

Books and stuff - I would like to build piano practice time into my life, but so far I haven't. 

• Like 2

I took a nap and had a zombie apocalypse dream. No zombies, just logistics. Lots of blue prints, very boring. There was one cat.

Enough about your dream...  I had a dream last night and you and Tex and Jean were in it.  We were at some kind of hole-in-the-wall hunting store (do such things exist? There was leather everywhere)  and we were trying to pick out a Chewie gift for MarkW.  We settled on some kind of wooden carved Chewie portrait for him to hang on the wall in the living room next to all his computers.  It was fun, and I got all the rest of the things on my Christmas list, too.  Then I woke up and realized it was 8:02 and I had 18 minutes to get myself to the dentist for a new crown. 

Which I got, plus a haircut tonight, plus now a professional development meeting at Starbucks with myself and SWB and ITT.   

:001_smile:

• Like 7

I only use the weekly pages. I love a column for each day and week at a glance. So many weekly calendars stack the days in rectangles 3 on the left, 4 on the right. I hate stacked days.

Running - you are very kind and encouraging which is nice on a day like today when I was supposed to run and didn't because it was cold. #wimp

Books and stuff - I would like to build piano practice time into my life, but so far I haven't.

Why don't you practice piano during the running time on the days that you don't run?

• Like 2

Renai, how's the car shopping going?

Prarie, how's everything?

Le booya.

I decided to wait to buy a car. 1) I have another check coming in the middle of the month that would help bump my buying power and 2) the money I did move from savings I decided to give 1/3 of to the church on Sunday.

• Like 3

I would like to state that while peeling a clementine a few days ago, I stabbed myself with something and now there is a black speck in my thumb that hurts.  

Who does this??? :confused1:

I do. A couple of days ago, a student handed me a pencil and I forgot it was in my hand as I was opening up a cabinet door and stabbed myself in the palm. No lead in hand, thankfully, but a mark and blood. Yep.

• Like 3

Now that I'm not in school, I plan to plan as well. I consider planning fun. Even if things don't work out the way I planned, the process of planning, and seeing how things change and evolve are cathartic. I'm a reflective person.

• Like 6

Nice! I've gotten my wall calendar printed. I have a new menu planning form that I need to print and try out. I'm waiting until January to make some travel plans.

What menu planning form are you going to use? I've tried a couple, but am looking for a change.

I get my wall calendar from FlyLady. All this talk has reminded me to order it.

Yup... Mounce is what I used, too.

This may be more than you need at this point, but my good friend is a Greek professor, and provides his Greek course online here for free (along with lots of other excellent free resources for Biblical studies).  

If you click on the "Biblical Studies Lecture Series," (direct link here) you'll find a wealth of lectures in audio or video format, given by a host of top-notch college and seminary professors (including one from Mounce).  All free.  All painstakingly created and compiled by my friend in his spare time at his own expense, to preserve it and offer it to anyone interested.   

It's a goldmine of evangelical theological training. 

ETA:  It's also something to read/listen to/ view WHILE IN THE CAR FOR THREE HOURS.  

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 4