Menu

Ignore this thread!

Go, Renai, go!!!

I am awake. Dh hit a deer on the way home from work. He was not hurt. It was a big one. It done damage. I called the Insurance at 2 a.m. We have coverage thank goodness, but I was on hold for a solid 20 minutes before. Grrrr. Now I am awake. This probably makes no sense.

So I will stay up. I am supposed to get up in an hour anyway. Another hour of sleep would be amazing. Oh well, if you all don't hear from me by 5 a.m. I have probably fallen asleep.

I'm glad you DH is okay.

• Like 1

Ugh. This prof is now saying she can't grade this review because it's late. But, she graded the matrix 2 days ago and it was due the same day as the review. I had to remind her she said to turn in what I can when I can, as long as it is all in by today. I can't ask for an incomplete, because everything is completed!

• Like 1

Good morning, all! Three soccer games today! Woohoo! But, I do have a hair appointment this morning, which always makes me feel good. And I like my hairdresser. But the big disappointment of the morning is reaching into the fridge to open up a new bottle of peppermint mocha creamer that I was really looking forward to and finding out it was French Vanilla. See, I never get the bottle right in the front, I always reach behind the first one to the second one in the refridgerator section and I failed to make sure that it, too was peppermint mocha. And it wasn't. I am devastated. Well, not really, but quite disappointed.

Renai-sorry about the not-so-nice professor!

Dawn- wow! Glad dh wasn't hurt!

• Like 3

I am taking the ADD approach to chores this morning.  

"Oh.  I have to fold this laundry."  Fold some laundry.  

"Oh, before I forget I better call Mom."  Try to call mom but find out that she's out partying or something at age 90 since she's not answering.

"Oh, look.  I need to unload the dishwasher."  Unload some of the dishes.  

"I need socks.  I'd better fold some more laundry."  

"Oh the YouTube video has ended.  I'll put on another one."

"Oooh.  WTM."

Do you think that eventually I'll get everything done?  

This is me, today.  Expressed perfectly, Jean... thank you for contributing to my ongoing pattern of laziness.

• Like 1

Go Renai Go!   (Elephant Ninjas available at a moment's notice should your prof need a good dose of common sense pounded into her.  YOU ARE GRADUATING!!!!)

Go Dawn Go!  (Can't wait for a recap of the whole event.)

Go Susan Go! (Concerts this weekend??  Or is that next week. Hm.  I may be con-fus-ed.  It has been known to happen.)

Go Ellie Go! (Not that you're paying an ounce of attention.... but if you've been stuck in some too-tight zipperless slinky black dress in the dressing room at Chico's for the last three days, we're here for you.  Cheering you on.)

Go Lynn Go! (I can always count on you for a classy booyah)

Go Krissi Go! (To the store, please... you deserve that peppermint creamer.)

Go Slache Go!  (Kids and I'll meet at the part at noon.  With ice cream and much rejoicing that your missionary friends were protected.)

Go JoJosMom Go! (#emojienvy)

Go Jean Go! (for keeping Tex in line)

Go Tex Go! (for keeping Jean in line)

Go Tsuga Go!  (for kindness and generosity)

Go Mark Go! (for Steve's passport photo, which is my fave.)

Go Ikslo Go!  (For good taste in British animation.)

Go Prof Go!  (For brains + beauty + a pair of heels and and a wild and crazy date night tonight!)  

Go Critter Go!  (because I'm pre-ordering her book today, and also because KITTY!)

And... done?  Who'd I miss??   

• Like 9

I'll be taking Gymnast to a mini concert at the school across the street that will be held by a famous bilingual children's singer. Hope she enjoys it. I will. See, I can do things like this now, because no homework. :D

Renai is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:

• Like 7

Go Renai Go!   (Elephant Ninjas available at a moment's notice should your prof need a good dose of common sense pounded into her.  YOU ARE GRADUATING!!!!)

Go Susan Go! (Concerts this weekend??  Or is that next week. Hm.  I may be con-fus-ed.  It has been known to happen.)

Go Ellie Go! (Not that you're paying an ounce of attention.... but if you've been stuck in some too-tight zipperless slinky black dress in the dressing room at Chico's for the last three days, we're here for you.  Cheering you on.)

Go Slache Go!  (Kids and I'll meet at the part at noon.  With ice cream and much rejoicing that your missionary friends were protected.)

Such a great post it needed a repeat! repsign.gif

• Like 4

Go Renai Go! (Elephant Ninjas available at a moment's notice should your prof need a good dose of common sense pounded into her. YOU ARE GRADUATING!!!!)

Go Dawn Go! (Can't wait for a recap of the whole event.)

Go Susan Go! (Concerts this weekend?? Or is that next week. Hm. I may be con-fus-ed. It has been known to happen.)

Go Ellie Go! (Not that you're paying an ounce of attention.... but if you've been stuck in some too-tight zipperless slinky black dress in the dressing room at Chico's for the last three days, we're here for you. Cheering you on.)

Go Slache Go! (Kids and I'll meet at the part at noon. With ice cream and much rejoicing that your missionary friends were protected.)

Go Tsuga Go! (for kindness and generosity)

Go Ikslo Go! (For good taste in British animation.)

And... done? Who'd I miss??

Me :crying:

• Like 1

We have one of those Dyson Ball thingies and, of course, one of the teeny tiny little roller wheels on the sucker head (or whatever it is called) is gone. So it took me about and hour this morning to find out what the part was called, locate it, and order it. $1.99 for part, $7.85 for shipping. Seriously :svengo: Swindlers. I may sick some ninja elephants on them.

Our yard is filled with leaves... Kids will be working hard at blowing and raking today :evil grin:

Yacht Club awards banquet tonight. Should be fun, but probably no trophies this year... Boohoo for the minions.

I'm going to look at another house today. It's very small but it's affordable for us, very affordable. It's not as near to our neighbors as we'd like though. Sigh.

The last offer was a long, snowball's chance in hell shot and the sellers were lovely but it was not going to work though they are going to have a great house for sale when they're done renovating. We were about 30% off, though heck, we tried. Anyway, this one we could actually afford for real. I'm also going to drive around awhile afterwards and look for FSBO signs. I was also thinking about sticking "we're buying at $X - $X per square foot if you're thinking of selling, we'd love to bring your home to life, no agents just us" letters in the neighbors' mailboxes.

The problem is we're living in a really nice rental now so buying would be a step down almost no matter what. I just think we need to be realistic.

I wonder how real estate agents make their homes look so huge in pictures, lol. 

• Like 3

Young people come to my door full of hope, I give them water and food and listen and talk. I don't care. Now, don't scam me--I have a sense for that--but go ahead and tell me about love. That's okay. The way I see it, the world is not short of religion or talk of religion. It's short of kindness. Christians told me to give someone a glass of water and food when they come to the door, so that's what I do, and Kurt Vonnegut's uncle told me to be kind so that's what I do. Best of both worlds.

I heart Tsuga.

Go Prof Go!  (For brains + beauty + a pair of heels and and a wild and crazy date night tonight!)  

A round of applause for the brilliant, beautiful, and forgiving Professormom!!! 

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 4

Me.

But I'm okay with it. :001_smile: I'm having way too much fun with the baby cat to mind a thing. Little Minou is supposed to be napping, but I can't find one boy, and I suspect he felt that she needed to have a human in the bed with her to nap well. Totally besotted. He'll be reading her bedtime stories next thing you know.

I'm experimenting with dinner. Here is hoping a pork loin that is braised gently with apples, onions, a little bacon fat (seared the thing with the bacon fat), maple syrup and some apple jelly will cook into delicious dinner. No recipe, just sort of came together.

I also have to get down another chapter in the novel today.

But first, got to go take baby pictures, because the kitten is evidently wallowing in the clean laundry.

• Like 3

Go Critter Go!  (because I'm pre-ordering her book today, and also because KITTY!)

Me.

But I'm okay with it. :001_smile: I'm having way too much fun with the baby cat to mind a thing. Little Minou is supposed to be napping, but I can't find one boy, and I suspect he felt that she needed to have a human in the bed with her to nap well. Totally besotted. He'll be reading her bedtime stories next thing you know.

I'm experimenting with dinner. Here is hoping a pork loin that is braised gently with apples, onions, a little bacon fat (seared the thing with the bacon fat), maple syrup and some apple jelly will cook into delicious dinner. No recipe, just sort of came together.

I also have to get down another chapter in the novel today.

But first, got to go take baby pictures, because the kitten is evidently wallowing in the clean laundry.

Fixed it for you, anyway!   :thumbup1:

And dinner sounds fabulicious.  I'll be by at 6!

• Like 3

My everything hurts. And we have a birthday party today. And Quackers is 26 minutes late.

Nooooooo way, Slashaboo.  I was there.  You totally stood me up.  Waited around for an hour.

My playground, my ice cream, my time zone, Dearest Slache.  We'll forgive you this time, but next time... Be Punctual.  

Nooooooo way, Slashaboo. I was there. You totally stood me up. Waited around for an hour.

My playground, my ice cream, my time zone, Dearest Slache. We'll forgive you this time, but next time... Be Punctual.

You were supposed to come here! Because pregnant. And poor.

Drum roll, please!  Ds18 is finally done with physics!  It only took him 13 months but he did it!  And he did the Honors level and got a B.  Phew!!!!!  (I honestly wondered if he was ever going to finish this class.  This was not just physics but "how to figure out how to manage with ADD" for him so he got sidetracked for the first 3 months and then started to figure it out.  

• Like 9

No! I'm sitting here in the rain waiting for you now! I don't fly pregnant. I put on pants for you for goodness sake. After all your booyahs and everything.

I am truly honored.  (And relieved.)  But mostly honored.  

We are off to a bday party in a few minutes so I, too, must put my pants on.

Stay dry, Slashaboo, and sorry for the time and location mix-up.  We'll get it right next time.

#homeschoolersaresoflaky

• Like 3

I won't know what she decides until she answers back. I saw she answered someone on the discussion board 3 hours ago, so she was online, but hasn't answered my email yet.

She's probably grading it really quickly so that she can answer you with the full information.

26 pages is hard to grade quickly!  Praying that she will accept it and is just grading it like Slache said.  With a good grade.  

No, the proposal is 28 pages and is due today. What she needs to also grade is the lit review which is about 8-9 pages.