Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

I also like funnel cake.  I don't like deep frying things, though.  Aldi has had funnel cake mix in stock for several weeks, though I think it's probably pretty easy to make from scratch.

I have a bunch of phone calls to make today.  Ugh.  Other than that I am making some chicken broth and need to get caught up on Bible study.  Single Parenting class tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 5

I've done all the Things except one which seemingly fixed itself.  I will need to meet with the health marketplace advisor in person at some point so we can try to figure out what kind of verification the government is looking for.  Next up is figure out driver's permit testing stuff.  Someone told me recently that you can now take the test from home with a parent proctor so imma see about that.

It is so humid in here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have tidied up my office. It isn't *clean,* you understand, but it is *tidy,* such that I can  actually sit at my desk extension and write on actual paper.  Also, no random papers on either side of my computer keyboard. I have so.many.papers. ::heavy sigh::

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s lunch time. It’s hot. We’re supposed to conserve energy today. Turn off all unnecessary appliances at 4:00. Though we may still have rolling black-outs. They even told people not to charge their electric cars. I wonder how that’s going to look in 2035 when the entire state is supposed to have electric cars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

It’s lunch time. It’s hot. We’re supposed to conserve energy today. Turn off all unnecessary appliances at 4:00. Though we may still have rolling black-outs. They even told people not to charge their electric cars. I wonder how that’s going to look in 2035 when the entire state is supposed to have electric cars.

I have friends who lived in Iraq for a while and they had rolling power availability.  If the power happened to roll on, that was their opportunity to vacuum or whatever, because you just never knew when it would come back.  Could be exciting, huh?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It's time to vote out the people who make those laws. But will that actually happen? No. The voters will just continue unplugging everything and patting themselves on the back for conserving energy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

It's time to vote out the people who make those laws. But will that actually happen? No. The voters will just continue unplugging everything and patting themselves on the back for conserving energy.

There was an attempt at a recall, but it failed. It’s really quite unbelievable.

• Sad 2

Good morning!

I woke up too early and finally gave up on sleeping any more.  Maybe I can get second sleep later.  Imma try to get to the health marketplace advisor today.  Somehow almost all my emails are landing in my junk folder lately.  Not sure what's going on there.  I need to mail a card - should probably get that done this morning.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Morning. Happy Humph Day.

I slept super duper badly last night.  Could not sleep at all.   Hot flashes seems to be at least part of the problem.  I think I was getting hot flashes yesterday while doing some work at the center as well.   Yuck.  Super hot summer is not the time to start with hot flashes. 

Today I drive ds to school, meet my mom for lunch, drive to pick up ds from school.  And probably that's going to be about it.  Not enough time before or after to get anything done at the center so I'll probably finish up the plans for my last two classes.  Or sleep.  That could be good too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D has been consumed.

Supposed to be another hot one today, but starting Saturday it’s going to be below 100 degrees.

Work today, got the girls off to school. Oldest DD is in the junior class retreat down in SoCal. I hope they are having a good time.

• Like 2

Well that was an hour and a half wasted dealing with the federal government.  Should I have expected anything different?  I guess not.  So in the end, they resubmitted my application and we resent my verification forms and they still can't tell us what additional information is needed.  But without it our medical coverage will be cancelled.  "Maybe the forms were blurry?" and "Was your name on it?" were the best ideas they could come up with.  🙄

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Well that was an hour and a half wasted dealing with the federal government.  Should I have expected anything different?  I guess not.  So in the end, they resubmitted my application and we resent my verification forms and they still can't tell us what additional information is needed.  But without it our medical coverage will be cancelled.  "Maybe the forms were blurry?" and "Was your name on it?" were the best ideas they could come up with.  🙄

Note: I have yet to receive an invitation to this party. You know, me n' my bestie, Bazooka...

(And there are people still who firmly believe that more federal government is the answer to problems.:huh:)

• Thanks 2

Ds doesn't have any hours at work this week.  He originally was working Saturday but now he is listed just as "available" for all the days he could work.   I figure they aren't too busy yet (it's a Halloween store) and he may get more hours as Halloween gets closer.   But I hope it's not that they don't think he's working out.  It's his first ever job so if he did something wrong the hours he worked over the weekend, I would think they'd say something.   Everything went fine from his perspective. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

Chonky means fat. I've only heard it in an endearing way like "This burger is so chonky" or "That beagle is such a chonk!"

I like it.

On of my barn cat responds to "Chonk," "Chonky," "Chonkster," or "Chonky-Chonk."

His name is Smoky.

I love him, but he is a big boy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dinner tonight is lemon tarragon chicken soup.  You need to make it some day for people you love.

Lemon Terragon Chicken 

2 C cooked chicken 

1/4 C butter 

2T olive oil

1 onion, chopped

1 T minced garlic

1/2C flour 

6C chicken broth 

1 pkg frozen green beans (optional)

1 chicken bouillon cube

1-1/2 T dried tarragon 

dash Tabasco

Salt to taste

1/3C lemon juice 

1-1/2 C heavy cream 

Saute onion in butter/oil.  Add garlic and stir for a minute.  stir in flour, bouillon, & salt.  Add broth.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat.  Add remaining ingredients.  Heat and serve.

• Thanks 1