Menu

Ignore this thread!

Isn't there a Hulk origin movie?  But not with Mark Ruffalo, some other guy.  

I like Iron Man, and Guardians, and Thor, and Antman.   I like most of them.  I like the sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle humor in the Marvel movies.   I don't like DC because they are too dark, both content and cinematography.  Although I did like Justice League and Wonder Woman.  They had some subtle bits of humor in them.  

I like Minions but haven't seen the last two? three? movies.

ETA:  A movie booya

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4

We've basically had drought conditions here but we are supposed to get rain later today through Tuesday.  Heavy, heavy rain.    We're going over to a local farmer's market this morning, then to our lake for a little while for an end of summer celebration.  We're not going for long, basically just to get food.    

Ds works again this afternoon but he should be off tomorrow since we told them he can't work Mondays.   So he'll be completely off tomorrow from work and school.  So far he doesn't have his schedule for next week.  The manager seems to do the schedule one or two days at a time, which is pretty annoying.  Doesn't matter so much for ds, but I can imagine it really being a pain for people with more going on in their lives. 

So far he doesn't love the job (didn't expect him to) but doesn't hate it.   He thinks almost $14 per hour is a ton of money (minimum wage here in NJ) and is very impressed with how much money he's going to make.  For a 17 year old with no actual bills of his own, I guess it does seem like a lot. 

• Like 7

I don't know if I watched any avengers, maybe the first couple. There is a Hulk movie with Edward Norton that was good. Steel Magnolias was such a good movie. I was just thinking about it a couple days ago. Haven't seen in forever. I rarely watch anything. We are nearly finished with season 2 of The Chosen, and just love it.

Yesterday I ran errands for a couple hours in the morning, got a lot done, and scored an amazing deal on running shoes for dd, nice Asics for $19, which made my day. I organized a small storage room, the size of a walk in closet. It is so much better but I still have a few shelves to tackle. Today my goal is to finish that and also clean out a freezer. Maybe tackle the box of paperwork in my closet. It's nearly bonfire season... 

Good morning! We will be online churching since dh is gone.

• Like 5

On 8/19/2022 at 12:10 PM, Susan in TN said:

Dd13 is studying buoyancy for science, so of course we needed to go over "things that also float".

Just popping in to share my (no longer relevant) homeschooling wisdom: It is curriculum choices like this that have my student in college on a full-ride academic scholarship.👑

You're welcome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’ve got Allrecipes Perfect Pumpkin Muffins in the oven y’all. Because it’s September. And I don’t care if it’s eleventy billion degrees outside. 

Last week Mary said "Last year eggnog came out on October 17th and that's exactly 45 days away," and just went on to the next subject as if that was a completely normal thing to say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’ve got Allrecipes Perfect Pumpkin Muffins in the oven y’all. Because it’s September. And I don’t care if it’s eleventy billion degrees outside. 

I printed out a recipe for chocolate chip banana bread because I just put a ton of almost overripe bananas in the freezer.  

I need to get the oatmeal set up in the instant pot.

• Like 3

Well we made it out of the neighborhood (had to move a traffic cone out of the way) but I couldn't make it back in, so I parked at the nursing home and walked home.  I should be able to bring the car back in an hour or so.  I think it would be nice if the city would let the residents of our neighborhood know ahead of time when they are going to trap us in/out.

• Like 3

Morning.  Happy Labor Day.  

We're supposed to be getting tons of rain but so far we've just had some quick showers and a ton of humidity.  Blech.  

I was going to do some straightening work at the center today but dh decided we should head up to moms to move some furniture for her. He's having a catherization next week so we didn't know how long it would be before we could go help her so figured get it out of the way.  Guess he has a point.   I do have all week to do everything at the center.  I'll just have to be stricter about getting things done if I skip today (and because I basically skipped yesterday and Saturday).  

Ds doesn't work again until Saturday, at least for right now.  He's just listed as "available" on the schedule the other days so I feel like he could be called in.   He's okay with it.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Labor Day!!! Yay!!

DH is going hiking and I am going to get some stuff done around the house. I got up relatively early (early for it being a holiday, but much later than I usually get up) so I can go pull out my tomatoes and cucumbers. The heat has really done a number on them and it’s pretty late in the season. The few cucumbers I am getting are pale and deformed.  So, I decided to get up before it gets too hot and get that taken care of.

• Like 3

Well, the tomatoes and cucumbers are gone. I pulled out some old basil, but there are some good plants that have nice leaves and have not gone to seed yet so those stayed.  I dead headed some roses, too and picked a lovely bouquet of zinnias. It’s not even 9:00am yet, but I am sweating, so I came in, made a breakfast smoothie and will commence morning devotions forthwith.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning.  Back in the day, Labor day was always the day that we started our homeschool  year.  Now it's just another day. 

Nothing really to report.  Juliet, Neko, Rusty and Aria say "hi". 

You should definitely read to them! And pet them. And post Not Back to School pictures of them. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 73349 said:

You should definitely read to them! And pet them. And post Not Back to School pictures of them. 😁

Well, Neko gave me some excitement this morning.  I thought that he had slipped out the open back door but despite sending Juliet out with a command to "get the kitty" neither of us were finding her.  Then Neko just reappeared inside with no concern at all.  No idea where he was hanging out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Neko, little sneaky kitteh!   Don't worry us like that!

We took Chester to the dog park.  Oh how he loves the dog park!  He races around like a maniac for 10 minutes and then tires out long enough to greet each dog 15 times.  There was a super sweet great dane named Millie and a silly lab who seemed to want to play fetch but wouldn't run more than 3 yards, lol.  I think he was a bit elderly.  But he tried!  

Chester was too distracted to ever go after the ball.  He came to me a couple of times when I offered a treat but spit the treat onto the ground and went back to his socializing.

• Like 5

I'd love to decorate for Halloween but dh won't let me.  

To be fair, decorating for holidays means changing the entire house around and making it pretty non-functional.  So we only do it for Christmas and only for a month - from after Thanksgiving to before New Years.    

We don't do Halloween (or any other holidays) at the science center because we have people from all different beliefs and want everyone to feel welcome.  But I do have a fall pumpkin train that I may put out in my room this year.  

• Like 3

We made the hour long trip to mom's, spent 10 minutes moving her new furniture upstairs and putting it together, then drove 25 minutes back towards our house and got lunch, then another 25 minutes back to mom's house to drop her off, then the hour long trip home.  I feel like I spent all day in the car and it was exhausting. 

I did come home and finish the plans for another class.    Which is actually two classes (same class offered twice a week) and one other class (younger version of same class so just modified slightly).  

Tomorrow I have to wake up dd to start taking her adhd meds again, drive ds to school, meet one of my teachers at the science center to organize, then pick up ds from school.  

• Like 4

No decor, but it smells like fall here. I canned 23 pints of apple butter today. And I still have more apples. And we went through 4 pumpkin pies last week. It would have been 2, but I accidentally doubled the double crust recipe so had 2 extra crusts in fridge. They polished off the first 2 pies quickly so I made 2 more. But no decor yet. No energy for that 🤪 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4