Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You can also get p*rn at vendor machines in Japan so it isn’t all benign. 

My mom and I accidentally wandered into a full on p... store by accident. We thought it was a Sanrio store at first.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

26 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Honestly, IDK. I’ve been looking around all night, but nada. They need their math to catch up to get to anything worth doing.

Could you leverage that to motivate math? Like intro a fascinating science topic move all the way through until the math ceiling is reached then "oh no in order to figure out _____ we need to math topic."

Or where is their math? What science topic would they like to do? What math are you trying to motivate them to do? (Mind you I won't be give you a science curriculum for it, maybe just a match up of math concept to science fun.)

As a math/science person, I did find the math I had to do sometimes a bit of a drag until I got to the science/engineering that needed it. Transforms and trig weren't my best topics until I started learning signal processing, then I was like now I get it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Spirea said:

I wouldn't expect that in Japan. They seem so well mannered.

Also on my list. Would love to go during cherry blossoms and it feels like one of the safer countries to visit.

March/April is when we want to go. It is one of the safest countries in the world.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spirea said:

I wouldn't expect that in Japan. They seem so well mannered.

Yes, but also have a pretty well established reputation for, uh, Things you don't want your children to see or hear of, lol.  

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

March/April is when we want to go. It is one of the safest countries in the world.

That would be lovely.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Weed whacked.  Bumbles and I had an easy co-existence.

Finished barking the last curb swoosh! 

I start on tree circles tomorrow! 

Ahh! I would not have whacked near the bumbles. 

#chicken

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

“Near” is relative. I had already accidentally mowed right on top of the nest and about four feet in each direction the other day . So the closest I got today was four feet if even that close. 

That was very rude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Clarita said:

Could you leverage that to motivate math? Like intro a fascinating science topic move all the way through until the math ceiling is reached then "oh no in order to figure out _____ we need to math topic."

Or where is their math? What science topic would they like to do? What math are you trying to motivate them to do? (Mind you I won't be give you a science curriculum for it, maybe just a match up of math concept to science fun.)

As a math/science person, I did find the math I had to do sometimes a bit of a drag until I got to the science/engineering that needed it. Transforms and trig weren't my best topics until I started learning signal processing, then I was like now I get it. 

ASD Son is just starting Saxon 65.

DS 17 & DD 13 are in the first half of Saxon 87.

Little Man is K level so I’m not looking for him. 🙂

Topic wise, they just finished MP nature series (except Insects) and said it was interesting. They like pretty much anything science. I’ve dealt with this mismatch all their education. It’s just annoying me more now that we really do have to do “real” science.

I went to The Homeschool Store and sold off almost all our books. I took DS 17 as I needed his muscles to lift the flowing crate and to get his review of possible books for fall. I think we almost have a plan. Haha! Riight….

It rained like mad while we there so my car got a free wash!

Watching The Batman tonight with the older boys. I love RedBox.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Topic wise, they just finished MP nature series (except Insects) and said it was interesting. They like pretty much anything science. I’ve dealt with this mismatch all their education. It’s just annoying me more now that we really do have to do “real” science.

I went to The Homeschool Store and sold off almost all our books. I took DS 17 as I needed his muscles to lift the flowing crate and to get his review of possible books for fall. I think we almost have a plan. Haha! Riight….

It rained like mad while we there so my car got a free wash!

Watching The Batman tonight with the older boys. I love RedBox.

Unrelated, but I cannot remember how old ASD son is and I'm looking... You only have 4 kiddos listed here? Am I missing one? Why did I think you have 5?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Unrelated, but I cannot remember how old ASD son is and I'm looking... You only have 4 kiddos listed here? Am I missing one? Why did I think you have 5?

I have 6 total but the 2 oldest are 👨‍🎓. DS 25 lives out of state and DS 23 is at BYU-I. ASD Son is 18 but functionally 10-11.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Good Afternoon.  Never got on this morning because I met dd to work out at 6am again, then went in to work early.  

I'm not working out tomorrow.  I don't teach until 1pm and I figured I'd take the opportunity to sleep in.  

Good plan!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Green Bean said:

So Saxon 87 is covering a lot of what is needed in an intro physics course. Doing "real" science about forces. Personally I'm of the opinion (not that I know anything with my K and preschool kids) that you can use the science to introduce or give a taste of the math. I would think it's OK if they need their hands held doing the math for their science lesson. 

If it makes you feel better everyone is really doing watered down science until they complete a bunch of Calculus.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Clarita said:

So Saxon 87 is covering a lot of what is needed in an intro physics course. Doing "real" science about forces. Personally I'm of the opinion (not that I know anything with my K and preschool kids) that you can use the science to introduce or give a taste of the math. I would think it's OK if they need their hands held doing the math for their science lesson. 

If it makes you feel better everyone is really doing watered down science until they complete a bunch of Calculus.

Thank you for the encouragement. I mean that honestly, not snarky.

• Like 2

I had dinner at a Mexican place with my GriefShare2 group.  Super nice people.  I had a shredded beef quesadilla.  Super yummy.  Also, I thought the menu said it was $12.99 but it was only $5.99.  👍I should prolly go to bed now, since I've been awake since 3:30.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5