Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I haven't read that one yet, but I loved her "The Great Alone" when I read it last year. And I'm so glad you love Modern Mrs. Darcy! Her site is one of my favorites. 💕💕💕

I’ve never read Kristin Hannah before, but I definitely will be reading more of here. This is such a good book.

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Junie has failed me

But I still figured it out

Because I'm that good

It’s called “tough love”, honey. Otherwise, how will you learn??

48 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

And the power is out.  Don’t know why.  

This is going to make school difficult.  This house doesn’t have a lot of windows.  

Oh dear!! Candles??

39 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I just heard the school bus roll by. I guess this district is doing in person classes.

Our high-handed, over-reaching County has finally started granting waivers for schools to open. Our local Catholic School is opening The coming up Monday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Slache said:

What's the first initial of the self destructing person?

JUNIE!

To anyone that wasn't following along, this was me trying to vaguely ask a question about a deleted account, but I figured it out. An account had all of their post removed which is why we are missing so many posts and all of the booyas are wrong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Junie said:

still.sciencing...

What's the first initial of the self destructing person?

Ok, so you quoted my still sciencing post to ask this question.  I had no idea what you were talking about.  Maybe that I was going to blow myself up in a chem lab?

JUNIE!

Then you yelled at me. 😞 I ignored you.  :)

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Junie has failed me

But I still figured it out

Because I'm that good

I'm glad you figured it out.  I didn't know what you were talking about until I read your haiku.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

To anyone that wasn't following along, this was me trying to vaguely ask a question about a deleted account, but I figured it out. An account had all of their post removed which is why we are missing so many posts and all of the booyas are wrong.

Thank you.  I had no idea what you were talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

I survived three 20-second elbow planks. 🏆

We are starting day 1 of Angi's 3-day rain.  Should clear up by the weekend, though!  Ds15 is in a panic because he forgot to do a Spanish assignment.  I reminded him of the planner I bought him with handy check-lists and stuff.  Maybe he will use it.

Gotta leave in a half hour for cello lesson.  

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, maize said:

Happy good morning!

I'm hoping Not-a-Number is still able to hang out with us.

I've been organizing my storage shed. I keep most of my books out there (this is possible in a dry climate) so organization is very important.

She is. She's choosing to avoid certain topics, but it's not applicable to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I missed all the drama apparently.

Probably a good thing.

26 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Me too. I am thoroughly confused, but I think I'm ok with that.

I’ve been here the whole time and I still don’t know who they are talking about. 

19 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Oh good. I'll tell my chest to knock it off, then.

We can send the ENB to do some ‘splaining if need be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Stormy said:

I should be schooling. But I have pirated the kids MineCraft desk and am here instead. 😈

EdPo: We are a fans of the Noeo sciences. Maybe I should start the day with those and not math. But I feel like the day goes faster when we math first. Not sure why that is.

Regarding your Mac/forum incompatibility - have you cleared history? Or reset internet or turned it off and back on?   Have you tried a different browser?.....just brainstorming with you.....

• Like 1

If you were a newbie homeschooler, and your statewide homeschool association had a handbook to help you get started; or you had some experience but you thought it couldn't hurt to have more info, in what format would you want it to be? Assuming that it is not available for download (because TPTB want you to have resources that don't suck time out of your life by using screens or printing out many pages of stuff), would you be interested in something that came in a small-ish three-ring notebook, with original forms you could remove and photocopy if you wanted to and then put back in the notebook, or would you like a perfect-bound/saddle-stitched booklet?

58 minutes ago, Ellie said:

If you were a newbie homeschooler, and your statewide homeschool association had a handbook to help you get started; or you had some experience but you thought it couldn't hurt to have more info, in what format would you want it to be? Assuming that it is not available for download (because TPTB want you to have resources that don't suck time out of your life by using screens or printing out many pages of stuff), would you be interested in something that came in a small-ish three-ring notebook, with original forms you could remove and photocopy if you wanted to and then put back in the notebook, or would you like a perfect-bound/saddle-stitched booklet?

I would prefer a booklet over a(nother) 3-ring binder.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Slache said:

You know how when your hands are tied behind your back your nose always itches? Well, I can't relate to that, but I've been planning a lot trips lately. Apparently Matt wants to go to Oktoberfest in Cincinnati. So we might do that at some point.

You should go to Munich instead!

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We actually are planning on a trip to Europe John's last year of school if we can, but you're supposed to do Europe in the summer and we can't just be running across the pond all the time all willy nilly so we're going to have to miss it. Maybe when we're empty nesters.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slache said:

You know how when your hands are tied behind your back your nose always itches? Well, I can't relate to that, but I've been planning a lot trips lately. Apparently Matt wants to go to Oktoberfest in Cincinnati. So we might do that at some point.

Just now, Susan in TN said:

Or, we can add it to the end of our trip when we hike the Via Alpina (Purple Trail)!

We'll start the Via Alpina early August near the monastery library.  We should be in the Allgäu region by mid-September for the Viehscheid festivals, and then we can head up to Munich for the Oktoberfest.  Then we can go crazy and visit Wittenberg for Reformation Day.  We should be home by Thanksgiving.  What do you think?!?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

We actually are planning on a trip to Europe John's last year of school if we can, but you're supposed to do Europe in the summer and we can't just be running across the pond all the time all willy nilly so we're going to have to miss it. Maybe when we're empty nesters.

I would avoid Europe in the summer because that's when all of Europe is on holiday.

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Or, we can add it to the end of our trip when we hike the Via Alpina (Purple Trail)!

We'll start the Via Alpina early August near the monastery library.  We should be in the Allgäu region by mid-September for the Viehscheid festivals, and then we can head up to Munich for the Oktoberfest.  Then we can go crazy and visit Wittenberg for Reformation Day.  We should be home by Thanksgiving.  What do you think?!?!

No hiking. I have lupus I don't have to hike anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

No hiking. I have lupus I don't have to hike anymore.

It's not real hiking.  More like leisurely walking and staying in B&Bs at night.

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Dang it!

Well, you can still go.  I'm sure the weather will be lovely.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Krissi, random Q. When you mentioned the not goodness of Vegas, did that include the strip? I never left the strip.

We were only on the Strip.  DH had a trade show at the Convention Center. I have no idea what the rest of Vegas is like. It’s probably like any other sort of city, I imagine, but I don’t care how “Family Friendly” they are trying to market the Strip.... it’s not a good place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Are you making this up? What about Israel?

Yes.

Though we have friends who went to Iceland in June and it was lovely.  Late winter or early fall are good if you want to see Northern lights.

Go to Israel in the fall or spring.  My parents have been twice and both times they went in the spring.

• Thanks 1

In 2023 we're going to Matt's high school reunion in Cincinnati so we're doing the Creation Museum, Ark Encounter, a wildlife refuge (which we'll prolly take BIL, SIL and nephew to) and Mackinac Island in Michigan.

In 2024 I have a reunion in Portland so Matt's taking the 2(3?) eldest up Mount St Helens and he wants to go to Alberta.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We were only on the Strip.  DH had a trade show at the Convention Center. I have no idea what the rest of Vegas is like. It’s probably like any other sort of city, I imagine, but I don’t care how “Family Friendly” they are trying to market the Strip.... it’s not a good place.

It's stinkin' hot, and flat, and ugly. Did I say hot? And flat? The water is HARD. The sun is MEAN.

I lived there for about three years when I was young. Hated it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yes.

Though we have friends who went to Iceland in June and it was lovely.  Late winter or early fall are good if you want to see Northern lights.

Go to Israel in the fall or spring.  My parents have been twice and both times they went in the spring.

I want to see the northern lights, but we might in Canada. If I had millions of dollars we would...

Go to Iceland and Israel (one trip)

Japan

Huge European tour

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Stormy said:

Also I keep thinking my posts are by someone else when I see my new picture. It's like walking by the mirror with a new haircut. Not sure if I'm a fan. 

Just now, Slache said:

It's been bothering me.

You, not me. I am purple butterfly.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

In 2023 we're going to Matt's high school reunion in Cincinnati so we're doing the Creation Museum, Ark Encounter, a wildlife refuge (which we'll prolly take BIL, SIL and nephew to) and Mackinac Island in Michigan.

In 2024 I have a reunion in Portland so Matt's taking the 2(3?) eldest up Mount St Helens and he wants to go to Alberta.

That's definitely more convenient for Oktoberfest!  Plus English-speaking country.