Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I'm upset. The prayer request email from that woman said John's best friend was in the hospital and it doesn't look good. I didn't want to call grandma, who just lost her husband so I let it go. Last night I called Pastor's wife and asked and apparently "in the hospital" which I took to mean hospitalized actually meant in to get a test and go home, and "doesn't look good" meant he didn't feel well. I thought he was dying. I thought his sister was dying. I'm not the only one who thought that and Pastor's wife called around doing damage control after the email went out. What was the point of this behavior? Apparently it wasn't the first time.

Can we say "Drama Queen"?!?  Good gravy. She's probably bored out of her mind and is trying to create some excitement in her life.

• Like 2

I think we would probably use the air fryer daily. My son loves to make fried potatoes, and I make chicken strips probably every other week for a fast, easy snack for hungry boys.

I love the idea of one that could do double duty as a dehydrator. I've been in the market for one of those, too. But counter space. Things need to be able to do two jobs if at all possible.

• Like 3

Ortho was fine - she can't get her braces off yet and next appointment is in 2 months.  She was a little disappointed, but will have to deal with it.  Then we went to a million stores and got home at lunchtime.  Puppy threw up for some reason and is not eating much.  We'll see if he improves through the day.

I managed to collect financial documents for dh to send the mortgage company for the refinance.  I might need to be at Scouts tonight to be in on the backpacking stuff, but I'm not sure.  I would love to not go.  I'm tired and cranky and don't want to have my mandolin lesson this afternoon.  

Dd14 and I need to start walking a couple miles a day with weighted backpacks but I don't wanna.  I already about died trying to hold an elbow plank this morning.  I'm supposed to get to 3 reps of 60 second planks before moving on to the next step.  I (barely) managed 3 reps of 15 seconds.

More coffee!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Does anyone else hate using a microscope?

I don't even know if ours works... 😞

I did until I started using Brocks, which are pretty stripped down models. We used those when I was teaching and they were awesome. Their light source was a fiber optic tube thingie, so you didn’t plug them in and they didn’t have a lot of moving parts. And they were very durable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spudater said:

I need to go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier. But that's the only time I get alone. #introvertproblems

I used to read for an hour every night after Matt went to bed because he woke up at stupid o' clock and started work at 4, then I woke up at 5 because kids got up at EIGHT! It was great.

3 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I feel this in my soul.

Yes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Right now Empress wakes up at 5 but will doze until 7:30 if I hold her.  Actually really the only time she'll sleep deeply enough for me to escape is at night two times out of three she'll make it to at least midnight after being put to sleep at 9. So it's very tempting to stay up til 10:30/11. 

I sleep all the time right now. I'm always awake dealing with baby or Matt who is snoring or sleepwalking. I'm exhausted. I have... 510 steps today.

2 minutes ago, Spudater said:

This is about the time I usually decide it's too hard to have long hair with a baby and chop it off.

I'm being really stubborn about this.

• Sad 1

I should go to bed early.   We have to get out of the house super early again.  Kids are going to my mom's house, but I'm going to meet dd to work out so it's going to be an early morning. 

But I can't go to bed because I'm doing laundry.  I had no clean bras, no clean pants except jeans (not happening), and ds had no pants until I found what was probably a pair of his in dd's room (I was going for one his pairs that got passed down to her because they were too short. I figured too short was better than shorts).  

• Like 3

Still plugging away at science...

I should have planned this all out several years ago.  Like, before two of my kids graduated. 😞 

I am taking solace in the fact that four of my children will benefit, and that is more than most people even have. 

Also, I have yet to find a STEM major among them.  Definitely not ds20 (criminal justice) or dd18 (art).  

• Like 6

Morning. Been sketching since around 7, but I'm done with that for the rest of the week. I have only four more sketches to get done for September, and then October is mostly for painting the things. 

Also, it's cool, raining, and I'm making soup today. It's a good day for soup.

• Like 3