Menu

Ignore this thread!

We had real church today for the first time since March, it was nice. 

They split the congregation into three groups by last name and assigned us to different time slots for a shortened service; our group ended up being about ten families, all spread out in the chapel. Everyone wore masks. 

The plan is to meet just once a month this way for now and to continue with home church the rest of the time.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Sleep well!

I will need to check the library for Jan Brett books.  I have a vague recollection about a book with red mittens. Must mail our mortgage payment tomorrow.  Don't let me forget!

That reminds me.... we have a mortgage payment  due and still haven’t gotten a coupon from our new lendEr.

• Like 2

good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!!

HOT!!!!☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🥵🥵

Lily-cat woke me up at 2:00am meowing and now she’s nowhere to be seen.

DH is calling the AC guy today!,! I have a feeling it is going to be expensive.

I need to take the kids to  the beach this week. I promised them I would over Spring Break and then COVID hit. Then I promised them this summer and this is the last week I can really do it. It’ll just be a day trip.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Dr says water, not tea. Hydrate hydrate hydrate til I burst because it'll make me pee and that's the best way to get the additional fluid out. Supposedly. It's also supposed resolve itself in 1-2 weeks but that timeframe is almost up. Guess we'll see.

On a brighter note, Newbie slept much better last night and I'm feeling more alert today without the annoying lack of sleep induced headache.

Not to be motherly, (but, yeah, kinda), how is your blood pressure running?  

• Like 3

So, the AC guy has come and gone. We need another control panel. Hopefully he will get it by tomorrow. Got my Afsa grocery pickup, went to the bank, dropped off a return at the UPS drop-off, made egg-salad sandwiches for lunch. Now, off to fold laundry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, whitehawk said:

Around here, grocery stores sell newspapers. I doubt a magazine would absorb the liquid properly. However, we don't craft.

Happy nirthday to Ikslo!

I have now created 10 (of the 80ish necessary) TWR worksheets.

That’s what I was thinking. Magazines are too glossy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Puppy had a checkup at his new vet.  Dd13 had a checkup at the ortho.  I still haven't gotten to the mortgage payment.

They can't punish you as long as C-19 is a thing so just skip it. That's what we're doing.

3 hours ago, Spudater said:

Does he think he’s a cat o something?

That's what I said this morning!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dd went back to TKD today for the first time since March (except a couple attempts at zoom).  The finally started inside classes with everyone masked.  Dd said they were good about making sure everyone was wearing a mask and wearing them correctly covering both nose and mouth.  Parents weren't allowed in, they limited the number in class, and they were sitting outside on chairs 6 feet apart for pick-up.   I'm glad at least one thing is sort of back to normal.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I know! I need to order more stuff from Amazon. They put that long brown paper in the boxes as padding and that would work. I should probably go order some more books and save dh a trip to look for newspapers. 

Definitely!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Another ITT baby!  Name?

My five year old is calling it Amethyst. Hopefully it turns out to be a hen; that would be a funny name for a rooster.

It made it out of the shell and is snuggled up under mama hen's wing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I think my migraine is finally gone.

I've been sitting in a dimly-lit room all day.

I have no idea if anyone did homeschool.

I do know that they ate lunch and dh made dinner.

I took some aleve, drank several cans of coke, took two showers, and took a nap.

About the only productive thing I've done all day is watch Newsies.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ikslo said:

Something found the duck nest out front and now there are broken shells all over our yard.  No, they did not hatch.  😭 

It’s a sad duck mommy boo hoo yah ☹️

(((Ikslo)))  I hate it when things like that happen too.  The swans on a pond near us started with 5 cygnets, they lost one early on (usually happens as the pond is full of turtles) and then later when they seemed to be big enough to be safe, they ostracized one for no apparent reason.  We've seen them do this when one was hurt, but this one did not appear to be hurt.  Anyway, I'm rambling.  They are beautiful, but it seems there is nothing we can do to aid their survival.  

• Like 3