Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Sometimes I will get this smell memory and I will crave McDonald’s. I haven’t eaten at McDonald’s in years even before I was gluten free.  If I gave into the cravings I would discover after one bite that there was a chemical aftertaste and that I actually couldn’t eat it. 

For many years, I couldn't eat cakes from Kroger because they all tasted like someone dumped cigarette ashes into the cake batter.  People thought I was crazy.  I don't taste it anymore, so either my tastebuds or their cake mix changed.

How are your elbows?

Bad Batter Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Two classes done, one to go.  I'm eating my lunch hiding in my classroom until my next class.    Last class is older kids so will be a little easier.   Then I take dd home because she didn't bring her schoolwork with her, then come back to do all the dishes.  Massive massive amount of dishes.  

I had dd come today to help out with the little kids class and be there for biology because I have an age range from 4 years old to 10 years old for Biology (with 6, 8, 8, 8 in between) and I wasn't sure if the 10 year old would be uncomfortable with all the little kids so having dd there (she's 12) often helps with that.   It's technically a 3rd grade and up class, long story how I ended up with a 4 year old.  He's actually fine from a safety and disruption standpoint.  I ended up talking to the mom of the 10 year old after and she's going to see about moving both her kids to the older kids class, which is for 5th and up.     First week is always fun when I get a chance to see how the classes actually shake out.  I have a lot of new students this year so a lot of unknowns.   I have a 3rd and up class that is two 12 year olds and a 10 year old, so I never really know how a class will be.  I don't let younger kids into the older Chemistry or Biology, unless I've already had them in class and know them because we do dissections (scalpels) and use hot plates and alcohol burners.  So for safety reasons.  And once or twice I had to tell a parent their just turned 10 year old wasn't ready for those classes yet.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

For many years, I couldn't eat cakes from Kroger because they all tasted like someone dumped cigarette ashes into the cake batter.  People thought I was crazy.  I don't taste it anymore, so either my tastebuds or their cake mix changed.

Or they implemented a non-smoking policy....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I think Sonic and Whataburger are just Texas things?

Whataburger yes. I've seen Sonic in Mississippi and Oregon. I've never been and don't look for it but my kid loves the hedgehog and screams Sonic (from the backest back seat because he screams a lot) when he sees it.

21 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Today's FIAR-esque activity: watching several youtube vids on making pizza and mozzerella. The latter grossed her out. Maybe Papa Murphy's for dinner?

Actually, I'm getting annoyed making dinner then having 2-3 kids refusing to eat it. Scotsman says we should just stock the freezer with microwave meals instead of cooking. 

I have 2lbs. of ground cow in my fridge that I need to use. Maybe sloppy joes...

I have never accommodated my children. I get judged for it a lot but I don't care. I don't have the patience.

20 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

We went to Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

I don't know what this is but it sounds better than Subway.

52 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I don't wanna make dinner. Maybe we will go to McD's instead.

I prefer the Cobb salad from Chick-fil-A, though.

BK makes me sick.

The last time I went to Wendy's was years ago. It made my kids sick.

We hate Taco Bell. When I'm pregnant, I always crave one taco supreme then I'm good.

Whataburger is just plain gross. The fried apple pies are the only thing worth ordering.

Sonic is our other favorite.

I think Sonic and Whataburger are just Texas things?

We have Whataburger here. Also a very, very few Braums in the extreme western edge of the state.

• Like 1

I am not ketchupped. I am mustard, and very stressed. But hopefully that situation will be over soon. I've been on the phone with lawyers all day.  Writers' meeting is going to be fun. We are celebrating a book deal for a friend of mine, and I made cheesecake and chocolate sauce. That will be nice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think I've been to a Sonic in Pennsylvania.  But I'm not sure it was a long time ago.   I did go to the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in New Orleans.   We love seafood in our house.

Dh cooks slightly separate meals for everyone.  He and dd loves spicy food, I can't eat spicy food without feeling sick, and ds has SPD and is super picky with textures and tastes.   He says he doesn't mind doing different things.

We went to a local nice Italian restaurant after our wedding.   We went back every year for our anniversary for the first 10 years, then decided it wasn't as good anymore and figured year 11 was a good time to try something different.  We've been going to a different place each year for the past 4 years. 

I think I had Whataburger a few times when I went to college in Fort Worth over 30 years ago.  It was gross. 

• Like 1

SIL's wedding video is up. Aside from the kids the bride's entire family is excluded from the video except one scene with Matt behind the pulpit. There is even one scene that's awkwardly cropped so that I'm not in it.

I'm so glad we don't live there. The drama is daily. Daily. And our pool is still open. So there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Slache said:

SIL's wedding video is up. Aside from the kids the bride's entire family is excluded from the video except one scene with Matt behind the pulpit. There is even one scene that's awkwardly cropped so that I'm not in it.

I'm so glad we don't live there. The drama is daily. Daily. And our pool is still open. So there.

I expect this is what my life would have been like had we given in and moved to NY early on, since that's what God was telling MIL we were supposed to do.  Free housing, instant employment, and all the awesomeness (not) of living within a block of dh's entire family on Long Island.  From our brief visits there and stories from dh's sister-in-law, it would have been bad.  

Clap Clap Clap Clap!  Go Texas!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

I expect this is what my life would have been like had we given in and moved to NY early on, since that's what God was telling MIL we were supposed to do.  Free housing, instant employment, and all the awesomeness (not) of living within a block of dh's entire family on Long Island.  From our brief visits there and stories from dh's sister-in-law, it would have been bad.  

Clap Clap Clap Clap!  Go Texas!

Dude. Yes. Across the street is what God told my MIL. I know I've told stories, but if I told you all of them you'd cry.

And if you didn't live in Tennessee I wouldn't have met you. That's all that's important.

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Hydrating!

I think that my body is trying to pass a kidney stone.  This is a first for me.  The last time I had kidney stones, the doctor blasted them.

I just had imaging done a few weeks ago.  I have 2 stones -- one is 2x2, the other 2x6.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I do not remember turning my alarm off.  But coffee is brewing now.  

My alarm doesn’t go off until I get up, let her into the house, pick her up and cuddle her, put her down and continue giving her lots of loves and then giving her breakfast. 

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We have lots of Sonics here.  There are 5 within 8 miles of my house.  Yummies.  Now I'm hungry.

I'm hoping the power doesn't go off again because I am really tired of resetting the clocks.

We have Sonics here.  They aren’t super popular and I have never been to one,  but we do have them. There are a lot of burger places around that I never go to. My preferred is In’nOut which is superior to them all, so why bother with anything else.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m afraid so.

Do you have any kind of suggested... expiration date? MIL said at least 5 years but now I'm concerned about making it to the funeral if it's in a month or two. I don't know how this works. MIL said he would move in with her when it gets bad but I'm wondering if it doesn't get bad in that way and we won't have the warning we expected.

8 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! I'm remembering 9/11 today and a bit weepy. I didn't personally know anyone, but when I think of the 3,000 lives lost...it's devastating to consider. Please pray with us for the surviving family and friends. I imagine today is very hard for them, even if it has been 18 years.

We don't have a lot planned for today. Driving by a house we're thinking of looking at this weekend, school, and kids' church tonight. I'm hoping I can get a nap in, too.

I knew Todd from the plane. He's famous for "Let's roll." I can still here him say it. We weren't close at all, but it's weird seeing him tied to it. He's one of those people that went in and out of my life and I wouldn't know he died, but every September there he is.

And I had an actual friend in the second tower who survived. He was in the shower and heard the first hit, immediately took off in his bathrobe leaving his clothes, wallet, keys and phone behind. He didn't get a hold of his wife for 2 days.

• Like 6

A friend's aunt was in the second tower and it was announced that everyone should stay where they were and remain calm.  Her aunt and a friend looked at each other and said "forget that" and got out.

Dh's brother was on his way into the city for his birthday, but they hadn't gotten there yet.  Just got stuck on the LIE for a very long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

YOU ARE SUCH A BRAT!

After thinking about it I have decided that this was an overreaction and I apologize.

41 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

My policy is that whatever technology Slache recommends, that's what you should get.

I'm not entirely sure this is a good philosophy, but thank you for your endorsement of my technological acumen.

• Like 2