Menu

Ignore this thread!

22 minutes ago, Renai said:

Air is clear in the house this morning. Time to commence with the bookcase-clearing/cleaning and book-culling.

Since my car tire is flat, I'm stuck here and there is nothing else to do (I mean, besides all the other clutter in the house that needs work...)

I had a flat tire yesterday (thankfully, in the driveway!).  Oldest ds helped me because I couldn't get the bolts loose.  Then when we finally got the spare on, it was flat.  I texted dh and he reminded me we had an air compressor in the garage.  So we got that out and I backed up the car a little bit to reach it, when ds noticed the tired was coming apart from the wheel.  Guess what?  The spare tire was not attached/ mounted to its rim.  🙄  (Next time I buy a car, remind me to ask to see the spare, lol.)  Anyway, I borrowed ds's car to drive my flat tire into town to get it fixed and brought it back home.  Then we did another tire change to take off the flat spare and put the good, patched tire back on.  So, now I'm an expert at changing tires (though I lack a bit of muscle if ds is not around) if you need help.  

Now, my back seat is still a mess because I don't want to put the jack and tools back under the floor until I get the spare fixed.  🙄 

• Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Hiya.    Drove ds to work.  Later in the afternoon I have to drive back, and leave the car and my keys for him so that he can get a new alternator for his car and can get home.  Dh will pick me up at ds' work and will take me to church for a workshop.  I am really sort of nervous about this.  It goes from 6:30 to 9:30 pm.  I have avoided long sitting stints and things at night for years now because of pain.  I'm doing better right now which is why I am chancing this. . .

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I had a flat tire yesterday (thankfully, in the driveway!).  Oldest ds helped me because I couldn't get the bolts loose.  Then when we finally got the spare on, it was flat.  I texted dh and he reminded me we had an air compressor in the garage.  So we got that out and I backed up the car a little bit to reach it, when ds noticed the tired was coming apart from the wheel.  Guess what?  The spare tire was not attached/ mounted to its rim.  🙄  (Next time I buy a car, remind me to ask to see the spare, lol.)  Anyway, I borrowed ds's car to drive my flat tire into town to get it fixed and brought it back home.  Then we did another tire change to take off the flat spare and put the good, patched tire back on.  So, now I'm an expert at changing tires (though I lack a bit of muscle if ds is not around) if you need help.  

Now, my back seat is still a mess because I don't want to put the jack and tools back under the floor until I get the spare fixed.  🙄 

Yeah, we were in the driveway about to go to soccer practice, when dh noticed the tire was flat, again. We had to move everything to his truck. We were only 4 minutes late!

This side gets flat a more times than it should. And this is a newer tire. We just got the tire fixed a couple of weeks ago. The guy mentioned he needed to seal the tire to the rim. I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with the rim that is causing my tires to go flat.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 3

I need the Dragon Scale Cranky Pants!

I have absolutely no patience left to deal with dd16's inability to choose a blasted old t-shirt suitable for wearing cleaning and painting.  Despite the fact that I handed her 5 of them.  You are 16 freaking years old - you can handle a *very slightly* stretched out collar!  

Imma go drink some water.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have absolutely no patience left to deal with dd16's inability to choose a blasted old t-shirt suitable for wearing cleaning and painting.  Despite the fact that I handed her 5 of them.  You are 16 freaking years old - you can handle a *very slightly* stretched out collar!  

I have this problem with my FIVE year old. "I need you to change into something with sleeves so you don't sunburn." "But Mama! Everything I love that has sleeves is dirty!" Then she cries. She needs an entirely grey wardrobe.

• Like 4

I'm in a tired spot. I should move to the bed, but it's full of sleeping cats, which would not be productive. I MUST get this revision of three chapters done today. It just has to be done. I like it, but oh, it's so slow, and I'm so tired. Caffeine.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

There, there, Susan. Here, have some chocolate, too. 

I’m having a pretty good day, actually, since I got rid of my teenagers.🤪

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I planted some succulents I got from a friend. I found some galvanized buckets on the Clearance rack at the Afsa. They were actually labeled to be used as risers for drink containers, but I thought they would make great planters, so I just poked holes in the bottom when I got home. At this point in my life I am only doing succulents. They can tend to fend for themselves and not require too much attention.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I'm in a tired spot. I should move to the bed, but it's full of sleeping cats, which would not be productive. I MUST get this revision of three chapters done today. It just has to be done. I like it, but oh, it's so slow, and I'm so tired. Caffeine.

Yeah, you don’t need that kind of grief. The glares, The eyerolls.  I get that every time I ask my cats to move so I can lay down or something,

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I had a BLT for lunch. Oh, so good!!

That sounds fabulous! I love BLTs. Unfortunately, with the short person gone, I am strictly low carbing it. But I have jalapeno bacon in the fridge, which makes the most AMAZING BLTs. Boo freaking hoo.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, you don’t need that kind of grief. The glares, The eyerolls.  I get that every time I ask my cats to move so I can lay down or something,

I totally thought you were answering the teenager post until I got to the word, cats...

1 minute ago, JoJosMom said:

That sounds fabulous! I love BLTs. Unfortunately, with the short person gone, I am strictly low carbing it. But I have jalapeno bacon in the fridge, which makes the most AMAZING BLTs. Boo freaking hoo.

Weave the bacon into bread shape...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

OK, I'm accomplishing things. I need to tell you all this so I don't feel like a total lazy loser on a Friday afternoon.....

1) I completed and sent off a letter of recommendation for a friend

2) Got a couple returns ready for Amazon - I ordered a purse that was just too big. I thought about keeping it because it is a nice purse and all, but.... I just decided that since I am not excited about it, I got it 4 days ago and it is still in it's wrappings and if I really liked it I would have been using it already so that is my indicator for not liking it and it should be returned.  I also got a new wallet that is too small.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My little girls are playing "Christmas" with their Barbies upstairs in their bedroom.  Alexa has been playing "Jingle Bell Rock" all afternoon, although I do hear strains of "..... tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy....." drifting down the staircase.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I made beerocks for dinner. They turned out well, and I have plenty to freeze. DH is leaving to pick up the kids from their service project.

You made what now? I didn't know bees needed rocks, or that you ate them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Beerocks are a German hand- pie. I use bread dough and flatten it out in circles and fill it with a filling of ground beef seasoned with plenty of onion and salt and pepper and shredded cabbage. Then you seal it up and bake. Very yummy. 

Oooh, kinda like empanadas!

• Like 1

Went to three hours of Bible teaching.  It was good but on the way home I got quite sick - nauseated and terrible headache.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 8 hours plus of teaching (it's an intensive workshop).  I want to go but I already have told dh that I won't be there bright and early will probably only be able to handle part of the day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Good morning!

I dreamed I was in the AFSA school supply Isle of Terror.  (Probably because I cleaned out the supply caddy last night.)  I will probably go there at some point today.  We need paper.  I got my Rainbow Resource order last night.  Shiny new books.  ❤️   Ds14 and dd16 leave for a week-long mission trip this afternoon.  I need to start planning fall freezer meals.  I've had a headache since yesterday morning - not sure what that's about, but it's fairly mild - maybe Barry left some stuff behind.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning.  Happy Saturday.  Another day of Fair.  I work the county information booth today for 3 1/4 hours.  I think that may be the extent of the time we spend at the fair.   It's super hot, it's humid and there are not many people coming (at least not yesterday) probably because it's super hot and humid.   Heat advisory hot, cancelling outdoor activities hot.

I'm mostly under a big tent so it's not awful but we still don't want to hang out more than we need to.   Main thing is to check on our animals.  Our snake and our cockroaches are there for the weekend.   Under the big tent.  Our cockroaches are probably loving the weather.  They are from a hot rainforest and don't even breed until it's over 90 degrees.  I'm just hoping they don't decide to breed again this weekend.  I already have about 20 babies.   Our snake we are putting ice packs into her tank so she has a cooler area to go to.  Plus lots of water.  

• Like 4

Slashie is a zookeeper!

I will finish my bookcase project today, after our soccer game. "Finish" is relative, considering I'm only completing one bookcase. I removed a shelf that actually belongs to a different shelf on the other side of the hallway, and have reclaimed wall space. I haven't seen that space in years. The shelf is part of one of those take-apart plastic things, and I had it sitting on top of the wooden "bookcase" that is actually a long daycare toy shelf. I am sorting books today and am going to decide what is actually going back on the bookcase, and what I'm going to do with the rest of the books. 

Some ITTers here have seen the extent of the work to be done, the shelves I haven't touched yet, the crates pretending to be shelves that I haven't touched, and the one crate of books that stopped pretending it was a shelf (that I haven't touched). The other shelves are in a LOT better shape than this one though. Things started getting piled on top of this bookcase, and people weren't returning books properly. It was a disaster. It's a lot better now.

Gymnast has already decided what she wants on the wall and top shelf. I told her the top of the shelf used to be a science center for Dancer when she was young, and the wall had different displays and bulletin boards. She likes that idea, but wants everything dragon-related. I told her no.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!!

Breakfast with IRL-BFF!!! Going to Panera in the Big City. Hopefully I can stop off at Target after.

Today is big washing and packing day. We are leaving for a week of family camp tomorrow, I will be in touch because this family camp has access with the outside world.

• Like 5

I slept well last night but still woke up exhausted and flaring.  Of course the first thing that dh wanted was for me to help move all the living room furniture around so that I could take the big leaky portable air conditioner to church later when I come.  It is supposed to be hot today.  Fortunately strong healthy dd helped with the process. 

I am kinda bummed that I can't be there all day.  Studying the Bible like this (the first 7 chapters of Romans) all in two and a half days is an awesome experience.  You get a big picture look at things that you don't get in the normal piecemeal approaches.  And there are people there from other churches that I know as well as people from our church and some new people so it's really nice fellowship.  But pushing my body when it's already rebelling and it's not that long until camp when I absolutely have to push to get through the week is not good for me. 

And. . . now ds has asked for some help with car stuff before I go on over to the church. . . important stuff that he really can't do on his own but man. . . 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Lasted from 10 am to 2 pm at church and then I had to come home.  Splitting headache again.  I don't know why I am getting these.  From sitting for so long?  From something environmental there?  From getting too tired? 

Our area is renowned for bad traffic but I have never ever seen freeway traffic as bad as it was today in both the morning and the afternoon.  I got off and did backroads as much as possible and that was faster than the freeway. 

• Like 2

I had a good breakfast with BFF. Then went to Target. Now, I am at home putzing around. I really need to clean the bathroom before we go, but I hate cleaning the bathroom. I have laundry going. I hate trying to figure out what to pack.  What I'd really like to do is go to the plant store and get some more succulents to fill in the pretty little planter boxes I started yesterday. Actually, succulents at the plant store are expensive. What I'd really like to do is scrounge around my friends' houses and do some judicious pruning and then fill in my pretty little planter boxes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Lasted from 10 am to 2 pm at church and then I had to come home.  Splitting headache again.  I don't know why I am getting these.  From sitting for so long?  From something environmental there?  From getting too tired? 

Our area is renowned for bad traffic but I have never ever seen freeway traffic as bad as it was today in both the morning and the afternoon.  I got off and did backroads as much as possible and that was faster than the freeway. 

When I was driving to the Big City this morning.... holy cow. I was driving 70 on the freeway and people were passing me like I was standing still. I couldn't believe it.

• Like 2