Menu

Ignore this thread!

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Go to bed already!

I was walking out the door from rehearsal at 9:53!  Excited about that!  No traffic on the way home!  The director of the music for the musical is very good and clear in his instructions.  

Tin foil is important to know about because hats.

Yes, ma'am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Happy Sportsball Victory!

We have morning lessons, though I think ds14 only has cello practice and his research paper to work on.  I need to do some goat banishing, then leave at noon for a matinee/dress rehearsal.  Apparently a bunch of homeschoolers will be in the audience for that.  

It is super foggy out this morning - I can barely see the house across the street!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Morning. I hate mornings. I start out sick at my stomach and fearful of even getting out of bed in case it bites me. But I'm up, and have another long day of intensive editing planned. And I only misspelled it once typing it. After another cup of tea, maybe the neurons will fire a little faster. See you this evening. 100 pages or bust today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I do enjoy browsing through the archives from time to time.  We have a lot of poetry concerning insomnia and coffee.  Krissi excells in pie and hot weather poetry.  Jean has a good selection of camp-themed works.  Remember AMJ's bacon operetta? 

Bacon Opera, by AMJ (5/23/17)

Loving mother:  Oh, NO!  I dropped the bacon!

Chorus:  Oh, NO!  She dropped the bacon!

Everyone:  Oh, Wo-oe!  Can the bacon
                     be sa-a-a-aved?

Boys and observers in turn: 
Quickly pick it up now let us get a look at it
Surely it isn't too bad there's just a little bit
of rocks and dirt and other stuff--

Conscientious mother: NO!  It will make us SICK!

All together now:  Woe!  Woe!  We have no bacon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!!!

No COFFEE!!!!~D yet. I’m ITTing from bed. I’m not sick or anything, I just didn’t want to get up yet. Horrible windstorm last night (it is still very windy ) and it kept us up for hours. SomethIng out there is banging around. I have no idea what it is.

DD1 works in the nursery for the Mom’s group this morning and the kids all have testing this afternoon, so I think we will take it easy this morning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Dd11 told me a little while ago that she remembers imperative sentences are commands because it sounds like im-parent-ive and parents are always telling you what to do.

We are studying the periodic table in science and I still remember from high school chemistry all those little things my BFF and I used to help us remember the symbols. Like Pb is the symbol for lead...”Please Bring your lead (pencil)” and Hg is Mercury ..... “HanG the Mercury (thermometer) on the wall.” But then I remembered that some of our things were a little salty, so I decided not to go in to all that. 😂😂😂 Besides, I don’t think my kids would get or appreciate all our hard work.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's been a busy day already--we had family devotional, got Dh off to work, got everybody dressed and fed and piled into the car to drop dd11 off at her school, dd15 off at her religious studies class, ds6 off at his school, and ds13 off at his twice a week program. We're home now but leaving soon to take dd4 and ds8 to gymnastics.

Maybe I should sign ds1 up for something to round out our Tuesdays 😛

Edited by maize
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I do enjoy browsing through the archives from time to time.  We have a lot of poetry concerning insomnia and coffee.  Krissi excells in pie and hot weather poetry.  Jean has a good selection of camp-themed works.  Remember AMJ's bacon operetta? 

Bacon Opera, by AMJ (5/23/17)

Loving mother:  Oh, NO!  I dropped the bacon!

Chorus:  Oh, NO!  She dropped the bacon!

Everyone:  Oh, Wo-oe!  Can the bacon
                     be sa-a-a-aved?

Boys and observers in turn: 
Quickly pick it up now let us get a look at it
Surely it isn't too bad there's just a little bit
of rocks and dirt and other stuff--

Conscientious mother: NO!  It will make us SICK!

All together now:  Woe!  Woe!  We have no bacon!

The ITT google link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8AgbG4Z0x4NTWFCVHRLQlhHRkU?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We are studying the periodic table in science and I still remember from high school chemistry all those little things my BFF and I used to help us remember the symbols. Like Pb is the symbol for lead...”Please Bring your lead (pencil)” and Hg is Mercury ..... “HanG the Mercury (thermometer) on the wall.” But then I remembered that some of our things were a little salty, so I decided not to go in to all that. 😂😂😂 Besides, I don’t think my kids would get or appreciate all our hard work.

Yeah, they should make their own.

Well, just got back from the clinic. Apparently, I'm supposed to be going every 6 months in order to get my bp meds refilled. I haven't been in a year. Bp was 157/117. But, I'm not dead yet. Thankfully.

We're listening to a Chinese cartoon right now. Well, Gymnast is listening. I'm ITTing. I need to drink some water.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Renai said:

The ITT google link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8AgbG4Z0x4NTWFCVHRLQlhHRkU?usp=sharing

YAY!

Well, just got back from the clinic. Apparently, I'm supposed to be going every 6 months in order to get my bp meds refilled. I haven't been in a year. Bp was 157/117. But, I'm not dead yet. Thankfully.

We're listening to a Chinese cartoon right now. Well, Gymnast is listening. I'm ITTing. I need to drink some water.

As they say in Scouting, “Drink water or you will die. No, seriously, you will DIE!”  😂

My BP was 130/88 at the doctor last week. A little high but maybe it can be blamed on the UTI?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

People are not taking this thread seriously!

It was down for maintenance for a bit there, but I was in the Big City all afternoon. The kids had testing and I went to Lowe’s and ordered carpeting. We budgeted for it and all, and the existing carpet is gross, but.... it’s a lot of $$😩😩😩😩😩. And then I got livescanned for my new job and then, Costco.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I am so stinking tired.  

No, I did not eat my placenta, but I've been reading about it on the chat board for a couple days.  We always removed it from the stall after horses gave birth to keep them from eating it.  

Why?

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Angi got the Booya/h. 

A placental Booya/h.

I adopted all my kids so I didn’t have to worry about all that.

If I have another I can save the placenta if you want to try it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Oh, dear God, you weren't kidding. 

No. Just no.

I did tell ya'll that the state MVD was sued, and lost, right? Several different organizations, along with individuals (including a former mayor with his passport) that were denied driving credentials. Not even a Real ID, just a regular license. It was nuts here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Susan -- did you Jitterbug?  Are you playing for a musical that includes this piece?

I did Jitterbug.  Lots of Jitterbug.  But I will tell you that my part is a piece of cake compared to what the flutes and clarinets have to play.  Oy veh!  The violins are struggling with The Cyclone (which is getting better) and Apple Throwing (which is still a disaster).  Two performances of The Wizard of Oz today, and then Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Renai said:

I did tell ya'll that the state MVD was sued, and lost, right? Several different organizations, along with individuals (including a former mayor with his passport) that were denied driving credentials. Not even a Real ID, just a regular license. It was nuts here.

And they have the gall to call you in for jury duty?  Uh.  Please.  Give me a break.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I had a difficult time getting to sleep last night.  I ended up popping in a movie to try to get myself sleepy enough to get to sleep.  I got about a third of the way through The Hunt for Red October (in French) and crashed.

I would really like to go back to bed, but there's too much that needs to get done before lunch.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  I slept well, although I got up to use the restroom and remembered I hadn't started the dishwasher.  So I did that and went back to sleep.

I don't remember my list from yesterday, but I think today will only consist of work, school, workout, housework, make grocery order.  I won't need to cook tonight, either.

Ds32 moved April 1 and I think I have cooked once, and that was only a pack of pork tenderloin.  Oh!  I did cook the bacon for broccoli salad and dh made the rest of the bacon breakfast for supper by cooking sausage and eggs.  

I still need to get to the DMV and get dd an id.

Oh, yes, that's what I was going to do today.  License renewal.  Hmmmmm, I think I'll try it tomorrow.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. I've got a full day coming up: I want to power through another 100 pages of manuscript and find "the place" to add one little touch of scene that my agent wants. Then I have a synopsis to finish and send out to some kind people who have offered to read it. Plus, I stepped outside and two poems started filtering in, line by line, so I had to rush and open documents for them and start putting words down before they fly off like blue butterflies. Additionally, two more alpha readers have the first book of the new series I am writing. I'm not anxious--it's a first draft, and all of them need tons of work. But it's more I need to print this week for one reader. Best write that down so I don't forget it.

I have a river trip planned for Friday. I've got a document to write that I haven't even got more than a theme to build around, and I need all the inspiration I can get.

• Like 4

Susan, we have a wren nesting in a chair on the front porch. The chair belongs to DH. I asked him if he wanted to clear out the twigs when the birds started building. He said no. Let them raise a clutch--but only one! What do you want to bet we'll have baby birds all over the front porch this year? She has five eggs now and is sitting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Good grief, I didn’t even know which day it was for a minute there. Wednesday. Yes!!! Humph Day!!!

Kids have Enrichment Academy. Older three are still testing there, Baby just has regular class. Since I got all my errands done, I may find a nice place and do some Latin, read a book and .... oh, I din’t know what else. The wind from yesterday is gone.

Tonight is the last Awana. I am glad. I get tired of it after a while.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Susan, we have a wren nesting in a chair on the front porch. The chair belongs to DH. I asked him if he wanted to clear out the twigs when the birds started building. He said no. Let them raise a clutch--but only one! What do you want to bet we'll have baby birds all over the front porch this year? She has five eggs now and is sitting.

We don’t have wrens. I love them. They are the sweetest little birds, but they don’t live in our area.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. I've got a full day coming up: I want to power through another 100 pages of manuscript and find "the place" to add one little touch of scene that my agent wants. Then I have a synopsis to finish and send out to some kind people who have offered to read it. Plus, I stepped outside and two poems started filtering in, line by line, so I had to rush and open documents for them and start putting words down before they fly off like blue butterflies. Additionally, two more alpha readers have the first book of the new series I am writing. I'm not anxious--it's a first draft, and all of them need tons of work. But it's more I need to print this week for one reader. Best write that down so I don't forget it.

I have a river trip planned for Friday. I've got a document to write that I haven't even got more than a theme to build around, and I need all the inspiration I can get.

You know, Critter, you really need to try to get some work done and stop being so lazy. All this lollygagging around is just not good for anybody.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just teasing you!!

• Haha 3