Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning! Coffee, pancakes, art and a hike before quiet time, then sheer laziness and maybe a book.

42 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

What I REALLY need to do is go through and record all of the saved low carb recipes I have on my Facebook!!  ?

Pinterest is much better for this.

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

PS I dreamed that my neighbor friend let her bunnies out and they got attacked by dogs and now I feel mad at her even though she doesn’t actually have bunnies. 

I've had a slew of weird and violent dreams like that lately. About 2 nights ago one was so shocking I woke up and was actually in pain for a few seconds. Very strange.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Slache said:

Good morning! Coffee, pancakes, art and a hike before quiet time, then sheer laziness and maybe a book.

Pinterest is much better for this.

I've had a slew of weird and violent dreams like that lately. About 2 nights ago one was so shocking I woke up and was actually in pain for a few seconds. Very strange.

maybe you were in pain and that caused the bad dream?

• Like 2

Just now, myblessings4 said:

I know.  I'm worried for him.  He won't quit licking the blisters (around his mouth--the ants beat him to his food bowl after the rain the other night). He growls and tries to bite when we put cream on them.   He is still eating like a pig, though (typical chihuahua dachsund mix from what I understand) and runs to the door when someone is there.  The shivering has stopped with the aspirin.  She didn't say how often to give it.  Online says every 12 hours.  

(((doggie)))  I hope the benadryl helps quickly too!  

• Like 2

I cleaned out my email and I made homemade waffles (for the first time) for the girls.  They like them, but I'm not sure I like this recipe.  It has no sugar in it.  After the first couple I added cocoa and sugar to make the rest of them chocolate.  

The sky is gorgeous - very blue with white fluffy clouds.  And everything is still so green.  It looks like a story book outside.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Dh made this salmon for dinner.  It was yummy!

That sounds SO GOOD!!

I Caught You A Delicious Salmon Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

The wedding went well, despite the heat and wind and blinding sunset and bees sitting on my arm and hands and attacking my bow.  When we first got there (very early), we played through some of the music to warm up and for some reason I was very nervous and my hands and fingers didn't want to work.  I settled down after a while and everything was fine.  

While I was in Alabama, dh took the kids busking and they said some Russian guy sat and listened to them for quite a while and said he wished he hadn't given up the cello when he was young.  An elderly guy sat on a bench and listened to them for a whole half an hour.  Dd15 said he looked so happy.  ?  

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Hi, Susan!! 

Hey!  Glad to see you and the kids made it out of the AFSA OK!

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Say, Susan... how’s Lynette the Lemon Tree? Leonard has quite a bit of new growth. He’s doing better now.

She is doing pretty well.  She is about the same size, but seems to be keeping all her leaves and the one baby lemon is looking good!  Still dark green, but getting bigger and not dropping off or getting eaten by squirrels.  (I put a tall fence around her.)

• Like 6

When I get around to writing that magical realism story about the lady who lives in a shoe and homeschools, her children are going to go busking.

Good morning! I am hoping for a less busy day of water and picnicking, but I need to get a move on and write the grocery list. Or nothing good will happen--or at least there won't be any food, which is the same thing. 

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!?

I slept like a rock last night. It helps when we can have the windows open and that cool night air comes in.

Awana TNT Girls Tea Party this afternoon. I made those cake bon-bon thingies last night. I just have to put the frosting on them when I get home from church.

We have pantry moths and one of them was suicidal this morning. It literally just dropped into my COFFEE!!!~D

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I stumbled across a Harry Potter thing on FB. Am I the last person to know Hermione was black? I had Hermione as blonde and Sirius as black. I think I saw the first movie before reading the books. At least a trailer.

So, we said Harry starts in 4th, right? What about Narnia and Tolkien? I assumed we would do The Hobbit in 9th, but I've never read the Narnia series.

37 minutes ago, Slache said:

I stumbled across a Harry Potter thing on FB. Am I the last person to know Hermione was black? I had Hermione as blonde and Sirius as black. I think I saw the first movie before reading the books. At least a trailer.

So, we said Harry starts in 4th, right? What about Narnia and Tolkien? I assumed we would do The Hobbit in 9th, but I've never read the Narnia series.

Hermione's not black in the books. She's got frizzy hair, maybe someone decided that meant black, but really there's nothing else in her description to suggest it.

Neither is Sirius.

24 minutes ago, maize said:

Hermione's not black in the books. She's got frizzy hair, maybe someone decided that meant black, but really there's nothing else in her description to suggest it.

Neither is Sirius.

The author says she is.

I know he's not but he was described as very dark and had black hair and he somehow just came out black in my mind. I also wonder if his name just got imbeded in my mind.

Happy Sunday.

My internet was out last night and this morning.

I was boring last night and watched movies in English.

I told dh that he might want to worry about me because I couldn't decide between Big Hero 6 and West Side Story.

I ended up watching (and enjoying) both.  I was (unwillingly) awake until 4.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Junie said:

Happy Sunday.

My internet was out last night and this morning.

I was boring last night and watched movies in English.

I told dh that he might want to worry about me because I couldn't decide between Big Hero 6 and West Side Story.

I ended up watching (and enjoying) both.  I was (unwillingly) awake until 4.

Sorry you couldn't sleep, but I would enjoy both of those movies too!  

• Like 2