Menu

Ignore this thread!

I am just sick. The kids are always following me next door because she spilled something or can't reach something. They draw her pictures and get well cards and we invite her on the trail all of the time. They are going to be so heartbroken. 

• Sad 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

38 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I feel like carp. I have a horrible cold, and in spite of taking Cold Eze for the past two days, I feel worse. Bleh!! And I still have to go to The Afsa.

(((Krissi)))  Get some chocolate while you're there.  It can't hurt, and it might help.

37 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I am freaking out and about to trash all my composition plans for next year.  I think I will distract myself with tacos.

Better to freak out now than on Aug 15.  Plus composition plans generally do need to be trashed.  Or at least mine always did.  Trash them now and replace them with something that will get done.

48 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Visitors are gone.  Now to mess the house up again!  (Not totally true but I do have to get some stuff that I quickly stored in the bedroom out.)  We had a nice visit and lunch together.  Having visitors is fun but also a bit of a hurdle for me.  I really like this brother, sister in law and grown nephew.  And I got to see pictures of their newest grandbaby.  Oh, and dh happened to be working from home today so he was able to join us for lunch, which was really really nice. 

Yay for a good visit!

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

I am just sick. The kids are always following me next door because she spilled something or can't reach something. They draw her pictures and get well cards and we invite her on the trail all of the time. They are going to be so heartbroken. 

(((Slache)))  I'm sorry.  ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Slache said:

Does she have someone there with her?

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Godspeed, my friend. May your cart not squeek and your lines be swift.

I’m back from the Afsa. I feel worse. I am laying on the narrow ledge of clean spot on my bed that is not covered with laundery, and drinking a quart jar full of iced COFFEE!!!~D. The boys are at the movies with the neighbor kid, and i’m Such a terrible parent I don’t even know what they are seeing.

Lynn, didn’t get chocolate. I have to go back to low-carb. Did I mention the amazing buffet at Mt. Hermon?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Did not get all the things done. Yet. The night is young.

Done: School, French and Latin study for me, 2000 words written, a chapter read and a brief review done for one author, I did editing on my long short story (don't ask), did the housekeeping, and cooked that peach cobbler along with some other stuff for supper. Did two loads of laundry. Two loads of dishes.

Left to do: fold that laundry, do another few loads of laundry, clean up after dinner, read another chapter for another author, critique it and mark it up, read another chapter for another author and mark it up, read another chapter for another author and comment on specific questions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Did not get all the things done. Yet. The night is young.

Done: School, French and Latin study for me, 2000 words written, a chapter read and a brief review done for one author, I did editing on my long short story (don't ask), did the housekeeping, and cooked that peach cobbler along with some other stuff for supper. Did two loads of laundry. Two loads of dishes.

Left to do: fold that laundry, do another few loads of laundry, clean up after dinner, read another chapter for another author, critique it and mark it up, read another chapter for another author and mark it up, read another chapter for another author and comment on specific questions.

Whew!  You did good!

Done:  mailing ebay items, picked up groceries, library, ASL lesson, read Head and Shoulders by F. Scott Fitzgerald, started reading Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, called in prescriptions. made dinner (steak, salad, steamed potatoes, green beans, stewed tomatoes, fried apples), made hard-boiled eggs, prepared berries to eat with breaksfast this week

Still to do: Enbrel, shower, maybe some more reading, maybe some more ASL, clean a bathroom or two

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Did I tell you that my New Year's resolution was to "get out of my comfort zones"?  And did I tell you what a pain in the you-know-what that is?

My boss from 30 years ago passed away.  I am invited to a "celebration of life" at a very exclusive very hoity toity club for the tippy top echelon of society in the Big City.  My friend and co-worker from back then (and before - cuz I've known her since college) wants me to go with her.  Not only am I thinking of going, but I'm thinking of taking an Uber to get there.  Maybe.  Did I mention what a pain in the you-know-what getting out of my comfort zone is?  Can someone hold my hand? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Did I tell you that my New Year's resolution was to "get out of my comfort zones"?  And did I tell you what a pain in the you-know-what that is?

My boss from 30 years ago passed away.  I am invited to a "celebration at life" at a very exclusive very hoity toity club for the tippy top echelon of society in the Big City.  My friend and co-worker from back then (and before - cuz I've known her since college) wants me to go with her.  Not only am I thinking of going, but I'm thinking of taking an Uber to get there.  Maybe.  Did I mention what a pain in the you-know-what getting out of my comfort zone is?  Can someone hold my hand? 

Do it, Jean, do it!  You'll be glad you did.  I would offer to go with, but you need someone more social than me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Home from where?  A hospital?  Could she have passed away there?

Estimating when a person will pass away is notoriously difficult. Sometimes it goes quickly and sometimes not.  

Hospital, yes, I know. They just delivered a lift for her. They forgot it on the first truck 5 hours ago. I imagine she's on her way home now.

• Like 1

Still here. Krissi, I plan to buy the new Notgrass elementary American History curriculum. In your experience are the literature selections necessary or can I substitute with whatever I want? If you answer correctly you don't have to do the dishes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Still here. Krissi, I plan to buy the new Notgrass elementary American History curriculum. In your experience are the literature selections necessary or can I substitute with whatever I want? If you answer correctly you don't have to do the dishes.

Hmmmm, well, we read several selections (i’m Assuming you mean the América the Beautiful curriculum) and they were really good books. But i’m Sure you can substitute if you wish.

OK, there is a curriculum for younger elementary, I'm not sure which one you are talking about. If you are talking about that one, then make sure you at least read "The Year of Miss Agnes" which was an awesome book. If you are going to read America the Beautiful, which is actually for older kids, we read most of the books and they were really really good. 

• Like 4

I can't sleep but I'm having a near sleep experience. 

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Hmmmm, well, we read several selections (i’m Assuming you mean the América the Beautiful curriculum) and they were really good books. But i’m Sure you can substitute if you wish.

OK, there is a curriculum for younger elementary, I'm not sure which one you are talking about. If you are talking about that one, then make sure you at least read "The Year of Miss Agnes" which was an awesome book. If you are going to read America the Beautiful, which is actually for older kids, we read most of the books and they were really really good. 

I'm looking at the younger one but I can't get a review of it because it's not out so I figured your opinion on the ATB literature was the best I could get. Thank you. 

I can't believe you would buy kale chips.

I've been tempted, actually.

Yo tambien. 

There are too many people in my family. And they all insist upon eating.

Don't you just hate that! 

• Like 4

Good morning all!  Krissi, how are you feeling?  Lynn, I had no trouble going to sleep, I just couldn't stay asleep, too much water, lol.  Ladies, please send prayers and positive thoughts my way today, me and two of my boys will be working at the fireworks stand.  I know we can do it but my older boy has some anxiety.  Have a great day ladies!

• Like 5

I was up until around midnight. But I could have gone to sleep. I just got busy working on a critique and then when I finished it, I decided to tackle a shorter one for another friend instead of procrastinating. 

It's so humid this morning I'm sweating in the house. Time to turn on some fans and see what's up with the air conditioner. It feels way too hot.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Slache said:

I can't sleep but I'm having a near sleep experience. 

I'm looking at the younger one but I can't get a review of it because it's not out so I figured your opinion on the ATB literature was the best I could get. Thank you. 

Yo tambien. 

Don't you just hate that! 

We read 7 or the 10 assigned novels and they were fantastic. I wasn’t expecting them to be that great, but they really were. We didn’t read Across Five Aprils, Homer Price or Katy more for time constraints than anything. Oh, and we skipped Blue Willow, too, for that reason as well, but we had already read that book for California history, and personally, that book is one of my all time favorite of chikdren’s Literature. It is so beautiful.

DS is not a fast reader at all, so we ended up doing all the books as read aloud, and they were assigned as independent reading, a couple chapters a day. I read a chapter a day and we ended up not being able to keep up.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My boss from 30 years ago passed away.  I am invited to a "celebration of life" at a very exclusive very hoity toity club for the tippy top echelon of society in the Big City.  My friend and co-worker from back then (and before - cuz I've known her since college) wants me to go with her.  Not only am I thinking of going, but I'm thinking of taking an Uber to get there.  Maybe.  Did I mention what a pain in the you-know-what getting out of my comfort zone is?  Can someone hold my hand? 

I'll hold your hand. I will also consume some of the canapes. Probably an embarrassing number of canapes and apertifs. In fact I can serve a function of making you look like definitely much more put together than at least one person there, namely, me. I bet the salmon is going to taste like butter.

Seriously though, do go--and just have a good escape route, phone fully charged and ready to call an Uber or Lyft at any moment. That way you can just run to the ladies room and never come back if the people are too toity or hoity or anything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Did you know that tomorrow is the fourth of July? 

Yes and we don't have plans. It's either the local park near the trailer park on the lake, the medium-city park with the school symphony, or drive way the heck out to some random mountain lake and hope for hicks with illegal fireworks.

• Like 3

Just now, Tsuga said:

Yes and we don't have plans. It's either the local park near the trailer park on the lake, the medium-city park with the school symphony, or drive way the heck out to some random mountain lake and hope for hicks with illegal fireworks.

We're going to our small city fireworks.  At least dd and I will.  The boys usually skip it. 

This will be Juliet's first fireworks.  Libby has stopped freaking out since she's started to go deaf with old age.  Tomorrow is her birthday and she turns 13.  I have no idea how Juliet will react but she hasn't responded at all to the few booms we've had in the last couple of days.  Which brings me to:  why do people insist on setting off fireworks despite a fireworks ban? 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1