Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay!  I think circumstances warrent that you don't have to get anything done today.  ?

I wish! But I do have art later, the boys need to do math, and I promised pizza for dinner. So I'll be doing all that between monitoring my results and retweeting my writing buddies as much as I can.

• Like 4

Happy Friday eve ladies!  I'm still lounging in bed but need to get up, seriously considering going to the bookstore because even though there's a ton of books on my shelves that I have not read, I still have nothing to read, lol.  Was that a run-on sentence?  I can't believe Germany lost ?

• Like 3

It's storming this morning.  We've gotten 3" of rain in the past 1-1/2 hours.  

Passport photos are done (yay Walgreens!), I found a groupon for a fun family activity for ds22's birthday, and lunch is peach kefir smoothies and leftover avocado salad.  

The kids are singing their version of Edelweiss at the lunch table:

Edelweiss, song of rice

Let's go eat it together!

Soft and white, lunch delight

We will eat it forever!

(half of them hate rice.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Agar! That's the perfect word for the way the pitch event has gone so far. No likes on 8 pitches. I'm making pizza now and have my last two pitches to throw before the event is over. I don't have any marinara made, or tomato sauce to make it with, so pizza is going to have garlic butter and pepperoni and I'll call it good. 

I could go to bed right now and sleep until dawn tomorrow, I'm that wiped out.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Devilishly tricky little monsters that are supposed to take your 120K book and compress and distill every element of your book into 280 characters plus hashtags. 

An elevator speech for your book!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I found some chocolate.  Things are looking up. 

Yay!

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

What are pitches?

See Genesis 6.

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

More like a tasty tidbit to attract an agent. 

Am I supposed to be following you on FB or something? I have FB, IG and Pinterest.

57 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I did that the other day, only it was 1:30. Not a wonderful feeling around seven at night.

No...

24 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Me too!  And wine!

SEE! *My* friend!

• Like 2

My day has absolutely sucked. My head had been throbbing, we have no food, and I hate everything.

John likes the American history curriculum, but he likes everything. Mary doesn't really care but she and I are really just the victims of John's unrelenting homeschool journey anyway so it doesn't really matter. I subscribed to the free Japanesepod101 thingy so he can listen to lessons and possibly found him a Japanese TV show. We'll see.

I'm at a new low weight. Still a lot to go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I like tasty tidbits.  Especially if they involve garlic butter and pepperoni, or chocolate.

The girls had a summer lesson - they were so happy to see their teacher again after almost 2 months.  She's such an awesome teacher and person.  :wub:

We are going to have to skip the slow jam tonight.  Just not enough time to eat and get there tonight.  :sad:

The rain gauge is almost full to the top - 6".

Dinner is turkey pot pie and beef pot pie.  C'mon over - there's plenty!

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Slache said:

My day has absolutely sucked. My head had been throbbing, we have no food, and I hate everything.

John likes the American history curriculum, but he likes everything. Mary doesn't really care but she and I are really just the victims of John's unrelenting homeschool journey anyway so it doesn't really matter. I subscribed to the free Japanesepod101 thingy so he can listen to lessons and possibly found him a Japanese TV show. We'll see.

I'm at a new low weight. Still a lot to go.

Wow, I hope your head feels better, a headache makes everything worse.  Congratulations on the weight loss!  

• Like 3

My head hurt, but I hydrated and took some friend. Now I am all done tweeting for the day. Pepperoni on garlic bread pizza crust is for dinner, plenty of water, and I will no doubt sneak into the chocolate later. Tomorrow I'll be out much of the morning at the river, I think. I need some water time to think about this short story I am rewriting, and to recharge after a week of almost nonstop writer things. I love it, but I feel the need to rest.

• Like 2

Swim meet again. Do your husbands look at you like you are broken when you feel sad? My partner always looks so confused. And he wants me to solve my sadness for him. He feels like his need for me to be happy is super supportive.

It is not.

32 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

Swim meet again. Do your husbands look at you like you are broken when you feel sad? My partner always looks so confused. And he wants me to solve my sadness for him. He feels like his need for me to be happy is super supportive.

It is not.

Mine says "There, there".  Then I hit him.  And we laugh. 

• Haha 2

What pisses me off is that when he is sad, I say "wow that sounds rough" and "boy I hate it when that happens" or "I'm so sorry honey". It's not like he never gets worried or sad. He totally does! He just thinks doing whatever comes naturally, whether that is comforting or looking confused or changing the subject, is the right thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I think I already mentioned this, but we're having company tomorrow night and the house is a mess.  There is more to do than I can get done - even to the bare minimum standard.  <Willy Nilly guy>  ??

Sounds like you may need to summon your inner drill sergeant and put those troops to work!

• Like 1

We have $20 for two weeks of groceries. We have money in savings but our super fun summer has become a very boring summer. 

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet is barking at the actor dogs on tv. 

We used to have a TV in front of the hallway and if a dog ran away from the screen our dog would run down the hallway to go find out where it went.

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Sleep well!  Hope you are feeling better in the morning.

6 1/2 hours. Feeling better. 

6 hours ago, Tsuga said:

We NEED a hug smiley. That's really the only one I miss. 

And the willy nilly guy!

• Like 5

Oh ladies!  Do you remember that song, "Too Much Fun?"  Well, last night, I had a little too much fun helping a friend celebrate her ds' graduation from boot camp and I'm feeling it this morning.  Gonna drop Ds off at his little job and maybe stop at the store and then it's back to bed for me.

• Like 5

Good morning!

My alarm went off and I slept right through it.  I need to do a couple misc. things here, and then I'm going to shop for steak.  I rarely buy steak (maybe once every couple years), and then it's "manager's special" steak.  This is for a special dinner and so probably won't be "manager's special".  I also need to buy or make a dessert.  Was thinking about a lemon icebox cake.

Have you had avocado toast?  I just learned about this last night - and I have avocados...

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good morning. When chores are finished and caffeine has been consumed, it's off to the river for me. I need a day to rest up, catch up on some critiques, soak in some quiet and green water, and then I'll be ready to dive into the hectic July of writing stuff I have planned.

Very low this morning after not getting a single scrap of interest in my story yesterday. Granted, there were thousands of stories out there, but I honestly felt I did a good job pitching my story. Therefore, the problem isn't my pitches, or my query letter, or my writing, but the simple, unpleasant realization that the story is the problem. It's just not something an agent wants to see or market. These feelings seldom last more than a day or two, but they are about as unpleasant as a splinter in my finger when I have them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

44 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

You need teenage and pre-teen sized playpens for days like that.

Yes!  Two are at the pool, one is mowing, and the others are staying out of the way - thank goodness!

I have boxed 5 boxes of children's books and already used up all the shelf space on books that were stacked around various places.  (Still more stacks in my room I'm ignoring for now - where did all this stuff come from?)  My vacuum is broken, so I'm using it without the beater bar to suck up the big stuff.  I still have a half-bath to clean, finish vacuuming, wipe table and counters, and then forget the rest and take a shower.  So the house looks like we last cleaned in 2016 instead of 1999.  :blink: ??  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1