Menu

Ignore this thread!

I should make a peach cobbler.  Seeing as how I still have a half bushel of peaches in the kitchen.  I need ice cream, though.  Too bad you can't make ice cream in the IP.

I finished Do-Re-Mi and have transitioned into Favorite Things.  I'm not liking how some of it is coming together - I have to experiment with chords sometimes to make the viola part playable for dd9 and not put too much burden on the others.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Angi, any chance for a nap today?

Lynn, at least you are wise enough to look ahead!

I need to get the jam put away.  Which means I have to first tidy and organize the pantry so it has a home.  I'm going to start with canning equipment - won't need that stuff for another month.

Coffee!

• Like 4

The kitchen is generally functional now.  I sewed a button onto dd9's shorts.  I made a quick run to church to pick up my preschool Sunday School folder which I accidentally left there.  They are reinstalling the front stained glass window and are taking down the last of the windows for cleaning and repair.  :smile:

Is there such a thing as cucumber and avocado salad?  I'm gonna google it.

• Like 3

I'm going to try this one from SmittenKitchen:

Serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side

3/4 to 1 pound seedless cucumber, washed and chopped into chunks
2 thin or 1 regular scallions, thinly sliced
1 large avocado, pitted and diced
2 tablespoons mayonaise
Juice of half a lime, plus more to taste
Salt and hot sauce (we used Sriracha) to taste
Chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley to garnish

Combine cucumber, scallions and avocado in a bowl. Whisk together mayo, lime and seasonings, adjusting levels to taste. Drizzle salad with dressing and garnish with cilantro or parsley. Variation: substitute lemon for lime and dill for cilantro.

• Like 2

It's hot, y'all. I've been at the lake with the boys. They picked a few more lilies for art tomorrow. I have a headache from the heat and the sun (even filtered light hurt today) but I'm in my cave with a cool drink and food.

Math for the boys today, and I've got writing to do. Some revision. There's a big pitch event for science fiction and fantasy stories tomorrow, and I need to hone a few more pitches, stack those in my tweet deck, and spend most of tomorrow retweeting my friends and hoping an agent favors my pitch. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It is translating rumpus as rump.  So not a donkey. 

And this is exactly what's wrong with Google Translate.

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was going to say something but now I don't know what it was. . .      I was interrupted by a wild dog (not a wild bottom) who was going crazy because dd just got home. 

You were going to type out let the wild rumpus begin in Japanese.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 4:40 PM, myblessings4 said:

I have a different brand instead of insta-pot.  

1. There is no such thing as an Insta-pot. There is an InstaNT Pot, though. :-)

2. It's either an InstaNT Pot or it isn't. So, you have a different brand of pressure cooker, right? :-)

3. I had a different brand of pressure cooker, and I gave it away, to someone who loves it dearly. Subsequently, I bought an InstaNT Pot, and then another (because Amazon Prime days). I have used it more than any other small appliance I have owned. I had a stovetop pressure cooker long ago, but I did not master it. Also, I have not used my rice cooker in over a year; I think it's time to give it away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I've been looking at this for the past hour and I think I might buy it. John has been asking for an American history curriculum (strange child, I know) but I just couldn't find anything that would work. We've been reading a lot of biographies and he does mapping on his own but I think he would truly love this. Mary is capable of completing her own workbook because it's multi-level. It just looks really cool.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Slache said:

7 hours ago, Slache said:

I've been looking at this for the past hour and I think I might buy it. John has been asking for an American history curriculum (strange child, I know) but I just couldn't find anything that would work. We've been reading a lot of biographies and he does mapping on his own but I think he would truly love this. Mary is capable of completing her own workbook because it's multi-level. It just looks really cool.

I love that it has an audio cd.  The table of contents is intriguing.  The text.....  I don't love as much as I wanted to.  However, if I had a younger child I would be severely tempted.  

• Like 3

Morning! The pitch contest just started. Insert running around like a crazy chicken here. This event doesn't seem to be quite as hectic as the last one, but my Twitter is blowing up anyway.

How I'm supposed to get anything done today is anyone's best guess.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! The pitch contest just started. Insert running around like a crazy chicken here. This event doesn't seem to be quite as hectic as the last one, but my Twitter is blowing up anyway.

How I'm supposed to get anything done today is anyone's best guess.

Yay!  I think circumstances warrent that you don't have to get anything done today.  ?

• Like 3