Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Oh, honey, you DO NOT want to move to California. Ever. We just got our vehicle license papers. Our car is another year older, but the state is charging us $50 more this year to register it. And gas prices are climbing. They will probably top $4.00/gallon this summer.

It's where I'm from and I love it there.

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

And we have 2 kindles but they're just e-readers.

Indiana? Kentucky? Tennessee? Who knows? I've only ever wanted California but Matt won't move there because he's conservative and butt.

Why California?  Is it the weather?

oh - I see the post above now.  I'm not from here, but I really do pray that God never asks us to leave Tennessee.  I love it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

It's where I'm from and I love it there.

I also love California. But there's just stuff going on there...:-(

Besides, we knew when we sold our San Jose house and moved to Texas that we could never afford to go back, so there's that.

I don't think I mentioned I'm at the beach with my Mom and youngest. I am hanging out inside today because I got burnt yesterday. I used sunscreen and a beach umbrella. Oh well.  I finished a book about Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass. Now I'm reading another book about Lincoln. 

Thats my update. ?

• Like 2

I had coffee in the red cup. Now I'm having coffee in the purple cup.

10 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I don't think I mentioned I'm at the beach with my Mom and youngest. I am hanging out inside today because I got burnt yesterday. I used sunscreen and a beach umbrella. Oh well.  I finished a book about Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass. Now I'm reading another book about Lincoln. 

Thats my update. ?

I don't think you understand what the beach is for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5th grade CAT testing today.  So, apparently, I'm an awesome teacher.  Except spelling.  Which he bombed.  Again.

Life goes on.  Spell check shall be his friend.

I have a 6th grader...  Middle School, here we come!

• Like 5

Hugs, Jean. So hard.

I'm revising, and will start cooking something for supper in a bit, so I can spend the evening editing. As expected, did not get into the contest, but I didn't expect anything. I have my developmental edit coming up in a few weeks, and hope to learn something valuable about writing from that experience. Contests can be fun, but learning from them is hit or miss. Feedback is kind of limited and pretty subjective, as one would suppose. Or widely applicable. But telling someone generically to work on commas means nothing if the writer doesn't know they have a comma problem, and is just too non-specific to be helpful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I need to make a Tackle List, but I'm too lazy to find that thread.

Done  Bills

Done  Water and milk kefir

Done  Find and pack up guest linnens

Done  Backpacking gear

Done  Laundry

Done  Budget

Lunch

Salad dressing

Get dinner started

Pantry organization

Backpacking gear

Plant nasturtium seeds

Dinner

?

Making progress.

• Like 2

Today I was testing the hypothesis that a human can self combust from stress.  Dh's nephew is putting together some kind of a photo presentation of MIL for the funeral.  It might sound strange to be so stressed by this but when the house is out of control and the yard is out of control and school is even more out of control and I have bills to pay and. . .    looking through the Schoolroom of Doom for photo albums (which haven't been worked on in years) was a bit like the straw that broke the camel's back.  But I found a photo of her at our wedding and one of her with each of my babies.  So I think that meets the requirements set for contribution to the project.  So now I can go back to focusing on the mess around me.  (Though honestly, I feel a bit at sea at knowing even where to start.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

51 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Today I was testing the hypothesis that a human can self combust from stress.

I see it didn't work. Well, that's a relief!

But really, please don't stress. Stress is bad. Stuff is stuff, but you are you!

You have done exceptionally well to find those photos. Mission accomplished!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Did she share the recipe here?

Yes - this is it:

3/4C mayo

1/2C buttermilk

1/2 tsp salt

Black pepper (to taste)

1T white vinegar

1 tsp each: garlic powder and onion powder

1T fresh or 1 tsp dried each: dill and chives

Mix all together and refrigerate.

50 minutes ago, learning123 said:

I see it didn't work. Well, that's a relief!

But really, please don't stress. Stress is bad. Stuff is stuff, but you are you!

You have done exceptionally well to find those photos. Mission accomplished!

Well said!

We do have regulations here on the ITT -

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:
ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I need to make a Tackle List, but I'm too lazy to find that thread.

Done  Bills

Done  Water and milk kefir

Done  Find and pack up guest linnens

Done  Backpacking gear

Done  Laundry

Done  Budget

Done  Lunch

Done  Salad dressing

Done  Get dinner started

Pantry organization

Backpacking gear

Plant nasturtium seeds

Dinner

?

First, coffee!

• Like 1

I really like whitehawk's rule. I'll try my best to obey. (((Jean))) Please, follow the rules, Jean.

Susan, your list makes me want to take a nap. You have the coffee, I'll get the nap.

I sewed a little bag for my daughter. That was something. I can't even call it craft-time. She sang on the floor and wrapped herself up in measuring tape while I sewed. Does teacher craft-time count?

• Like 6

What's funny is that this rejection, although as expected as all the others, didn't bother me that much. It's just judges and agents, and that's okay. The one that hit me the hardest was the one some weeks ago where the contest was for editing. That darned near broke my heart. I hated losing the opportunity to really learn things from a pro, you know? Crazy me. Even when writing I can't help being depressed that I can't learn all the things...

• Sad 3

I had a really good writing day. I revised an intense chapter which left me emotionally exhausted. This protagonist! He can wrench me back and forth in ways I didn't know were possible. I have the next chapter printed for editing. This chapter has one major scene that I have to completely rethink, rework, and rewrite, and then get critiques on it, and run it by my main Beta reader for this draft. I took one look at it, and sighed, and made another cup of tea. The end of the book is where all the weeds are, and in the weeds, there be snakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, learning123 said:

I really like whitehawk's rule. I'll try my best to obey. (((Jean))) Please, follow the rules, Jean.

Susan, your list makes me want to take a nap. You have the coffee, I'll get the nap.

I sewed a little bag for my daughter. That was something. I can't even call it craft-time. She sang on the floor and wrapped herself up in measuring tape while I sewed. Does teacher craft-time count?

Yes, totally counts!  Plus, she learned about wrapping and singing.  Extra credit.

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

Strawberry rhubarb crisp is in the oven.  

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I'll be right over!  ?

Me too!  Road trip!

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I was getting rid of a pile of compost and unearthed a bumblebee nest. I stopped getting rid of the pile. (No, I was not stung. ). 

Gah!  

24 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

It just started pouring rain. Yes, the sun is shining at the same time.

You are the pot of gold! ❤️

• Like 5