Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have been getting sucked into Amazon, shopping for items for Dad's new apartment. We haven't even gotten the keys yet, as it's not ours until Dec. 31st. I plan to pick up keys on Tuesday and measure the walls and floors. The stuff, in the meantime, can wait in the Dad list I made on my Amazon account.

I found him some aviation-themed wall clocks, shower curtain stuff (DH has already ordered an aviation-themed shower curtain, so I listed a pole and rings), various aviation rugs (taxiway hall runner, arrivals/departures door mats). I also found a hot water heater (for hot beverages) that dispenses nicely. Oh, and a USMC bathroom rug. If I'm not careful Dad's decor will clash wildly.

If the water is already hot, why do you need to heat it?

:D

:leaving:

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday Eve..... but it doesn’t matter because everyone is on vacation this week anyway!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I haven’t looked at my ankle yet. I can walk on it, just not turn it certain ways. I think it’ll be all right. It just makes me mad that i’m Getting old and i’m Getting balance issues and I don’t want to be one of “those†people. DH wants to join a gym and I do, too. Maybe if I can get back to exercising I can strengthen my muscles and work on balance.

I'd wrap the ankle up in an ace bandage, ice 15 minutes on, 15 off, and elevate when possible.
  • Like 1

I am back from art. I presented my "Moonlight Camellia" today to rave reviews. I still think I've got a long way to go before that particular painting is just the way I want it. But it was nice to be recognized for my hard work on those crazy white petals. I think I know what I want to do with it the next time I paint it. 

Anyway, I'm back home with a terrific headache to go with the backache. I'm glad I got most of the chores done before I left. I'm headed for ibuprofen and a lie-down after lunch.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday Eve..... but it doesn’t matter because everyone is on vacation this week anyway!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

I haven’t looked at my ankle yet. I can walk on it, just not turn it certain ways. I think it’ll be all right. It just makes me mad that i’m Getting old and i’m Getting balance issues and I don’t want to be one of “those†people. DH wants to join a gym and I do, too. Maybe if I can get back to exercising I can strengthen my muscles and work on balance.

Make sure it’s not broken!

Make sure it’s not broken!

I know it’s not broken because it’s just slightly swollen and I can walk without any pain. It’s just turning it that hurts. My SIL will probably tape it up for me with strict instructions about everything because that’s the kind of person she is.😂
  • Like 4

I know it’s not broken because it’s just slightly swollen and I can walk without any pain. It’s just turning it that hurts. My SIL will probably tape it up for me with strict instructions about everything because that’s the kind of person she is.😂

That’s why DS had a broken foot for a month without knowing. His only complaint was that it felt “weird.†#willbeparanoidforever

• Like 2

Teaching DS to drive is hard. I have to be patient and gentle while fearing for our lives.

My mom has been taking out our DS once in a while. They live in the country, so she can take him out on the avenues between the orchards. He can get a feel for driving without having to deal with being on real roads and traffic.
  • Like 1

Really not convinced about this.

You have a point.

And I'm with you, so long as it's time for all of us to go together. It's the whole "leaving the baby behind to fend for herself" part that I'm not so cool with. I think I need to hang in there for 5-7 more years. Then I'm down with it.

Since we get to vote, and all. :001_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Beats the alternative.

Really not convinced about this.

I’ve been thinking a lot about this over the past couple of years, watching my dad age and the things he’s been going through. His quality of life is quite diminished. Although my mom is doing fine and she’s only two years younger than he is. Your health really makes a difference.

• Like 1

Gymnast is sick. She got sick while I was working at 5am, leaving dh to clean it up. She's "gotten sick" a few more times today, and only wants to drink warm water. She's sleeping here on the sofa with me now. Earlier as I was making her sopita, she came up to me crying and told me she needed a hug. So I hugged her. She was so cute. I'd make a terrible nurse.

• Like 3

Gymnast is sick. She got sick while I was working at 5am, leaving dh to clean it up. She's "gotten sick" a few more times today, and only wants to drink warm water. She's sleeping here on the sofa with me now. Earlier as I was making her sopita, she came up to me crying and told me she needed a hug. So I hugged her. She was so cute. I'd make a terrible nurse.

You make a wonderful Mommy. 

• Like 5

Well, I finished reading another book and made a good start on painting the little dog that I drew for Christmas. He's going to be cute in watercolors. I did his little eyes in transparent brown oxide and he looks so bright and alert, like he's sitting up and ready for a treat.

• Like 2

My mom has been taking out our DS once in a while. They live in the country, so she can take him out on the avenues between the orchards. He can get a feel for driving without having to deal with being on real roads and traffic.

We're still in parking lots. Because I don't want to die! How do you make the leap from parking lot to road? It's scary.

We're still in parking lots. Because I don't want to die! How do you make the leap from parking lot to road? It's scary.

We're still in parking lots here, too.  And, actually, we haven't done any driving in weeks.  It gets dark so early that there isn't much time to get any driving in.  And the roads around here are Scary.  We have curvy back roads and major interstates.  And virtually nothing in between.

Recruit your dh.  That's my plan anyway.  And this tendency may explain why women often outlive men.   :laugh:

I've tried but he is too lazy/won't do it. He says he will but it never happens. 

We're still in parking lots here, too.  And, actually, we haven't done any driving in weeks.  It gets dark so early that there isn't much time to get any driving in.  And the roads around here are Scary.  We have curvy back roads and major interstates.  And virtually nothing in between.

It's the same here. Traffic is a nightmare everywhere and it's getting dark by 4:30. I can't imagine him even on the neighborhood roads because so many people walk and have kids and pets running around and anything outside of our immediate neighborhood is crazy! 

• Like 1

I taught Ds to drive. We did parking lots. Then we did some quiet residential roads with cul-de-sacs. Then after some time we did roads with actual stop lights. Then after even more time we did faster non freeway driving (on local main thoroughfares). Then freeways. Then parallel parking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2