• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I was just googling today for gf fried fish recipes.  I've been craving a really good battered fish sandwich.

Oh, and crab cakes.  I'm craving those, too.

I got this book https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/gluten-free-wish-list-jeanne-sauvage/1121208843/2678344060950?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Core+Catch-All,+Low_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP79700&gclid=Cj0KCQiAl8rQBRDrARIsAEW_To8orB_nPDBsfq5Cd7rfA8AP5UYePh54jMBJtpLJ1C5Oz6OAHXb0O6QaAs0dEALw_wcB from the library

• Like 2

Have you tried a spelling tickle? 

In this game, the child gets to spell a word aloud, and if they get it right, they get to take two steps toward you. If they don't spell it correctly, they take one step back. When they finally reach you, they get to tickle you all over.

My boys liked this game quite a lot. I was always tackling them and tickling. This was their chance to get me back.

We also used to run races around the middle wall (all houses need a middle wall for a racetrack) shouting Latin vocabulary words and meanings.

I think that I missed the fun gene somewhere.

• Like 2

I think that I missed the fun gene somewhere.

That would be the desperation gene working...

Also brought to you by the person who personally designed the sea-animals multiplication tables, plastered them up around the top of the school room, and sometimes drilled them by having the boys recite while doing jumping jacks.

• Like 3

You know you're stress-eating when you gobble down 4 candy corns all at once instead of eating them layer by layer.

I know my parents do not care at all if my house is super clean, and it won't be, but I persist obsessing over it. Maybe I could pretend I live in a sod house with a dirt floor.

you can do what the ancient California Indians did and just burn down your house when it gets too dirty and build a new one.
  • Like 6

The reason I ask is a friend of mine has a couple of kids that do that, get super inattentive when they're about to grow. It's her first clue, now that she knows what she's seeing. For them, it lasts a couple months and then fades until the next growth spurt.

I hope you're right. Maybe he could just grow four inches overnight, and then spend a few more years not really growing. That'd work for me. 

• Like 1

I now know why my art teacher wanted me to do a white flower and a red one. It was to keep me humble. :cursing:

ETA: I think it will look better in the morning, and after I finish all the petals, but right now it looks like something very gory happened on my paper.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

I just told my kids they're not allowed to talk. I hope they don't realize yet that I can't actually take away their power of speech.

Oh, wait, they're screaming again. They figured it out.

They're not being naughty, or anything, they're just REALLY. LOUD.

When my two were younger I actually was surprised to find that declaring a "quiet race" worked.  At least for a few years.  I am very grateful for those years.  I don't think any other kids, certainly not my nieces and nephews, would have gone along with that game!

I want to buy a big house with a pool and all the things. DH says no. He’s a poophead.

Don't get the pool.  Move in next door to some nice people with a pool and make friends with them.  You will get all the benefits and not have to take care of the finicky pool.

• Like 1

In that case, then so am I. I hate, hate, hate being tickled! In fact, when I was little, my first stepdad was tickling me, and I got desperate and reached up and scratched the back of his hand. He ended up later needing to have that scar removed because it wasn't looking safe.

FIL once learned his lesson about leaning over too close when tickling DH (when DH was a boy).  FIL had pounced for a surprise tickle, and got knees in one side of his head and elbows in the other as DH contracted very VERY quickly.

I love little clearance steaks from the AFSA. :drool5: Pan-seared, a quick little dish of mushrooms made, then a pan sauce, a green veggie and dinner is served!

We had ready-made meatloaf (I didn't like it, but someone went back for seconds) and wild rice casserole.  I still have plenty of wild rice casserole left for Thursday.  

#cookonceservetwice!

you can do what the ancient California Indians did and just burn down your house when it gets too dirty and build a new one.

I don't mind military moves so much because it sort of feels like burning down the dirty house and starting fresh.

DDb is sick and gets to skip school tomorrow. She's super excited to be sick but we don't have time for this! At least it looks fairly mild. 

6 sleeps until my house is my own again.  :hurray: We really need to clean before my brother comes, for his children's safety. I only have 1 afternoon to force my minions children to clean the house. 

Baby has started cooing and smiling frequently now. He's so cute.  :001_wub:

• Like 8

When I went to the doctor today I brought some charts I'd made of my different lab results over the past 2.5 years as a visual aid. I think he was impressed- he said he loved my graphs. And he said he was going to say my labs looked just fine until he saw my graphs. He'd actually called last week and said we didn't need to discuss my labs but I scheduled an appointment anyway .The trend counts more than any specific numbers.

And that, kids, is why we have to suffer through the math chapters on charts and graphs. Those were among my least favorites to teach but I can now prove to my kids that they are important for everyone. FWIW- I did not use any "box and whisker" charts. I still hate those. 

• Like 6

Since we're having Thanksgiving dinner at home with friends on Thursday, and with family at ds33 house on Friday, I am cooking all my low carb stuff once for both days--pecan pie bars, pumpkin bars, broccoli au gratin, almond flour biscuits, and gravy. Plus I already made chocolate pies. I will make the rest of the stuff at separate times.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Booyay, food!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

DS thinks maybe smelling the pee vapors was the goal? Science experiment!

Gotta love homeschoolers. We’re so creative with our studies.

:svengo:

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

• Like 1

One time, when DH was only BF, he pinned me down to try to tickle me. I was fresh outta the army and he surprised me. I accidentally kneed him in the jaw. He doesn't tickle me anymore.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Yup, that would learn him!

• Like 1

I don't mind military moves so much because it sort of feels like burning down the dirty house and starting fresh.

DDb is sick and gets to skip school tomorrow. She's super excited to be sick but we don't have time for this! At least it looks fairly mild. 

6 sleeps until my house is my own again.  :hurray: We really need to clean before my brother comes, for his children's safety. I only have 1 afternoon to force my minions children to clean the house. 

Baby has started cooing and smiling frequently now. He's so cute.  :001_wub:

:grouphug:  for illness.  May it go away quickly, without catching anyone else!

:hurray:  :hurray:  for the rest.  Go, Minions, go!