• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I figured out the student loan thing. I owe less than I thought I did. My time estimate was pretty accurate though - 3y11m, though I did not do the exact math (they're two loans at different interest rates (one just under 5%, the other at about 6.5%, and I just picked an interest rate closer to the higher one (6%) and combined them). I even managed to find the thing on the site to change payments, but because I was dumb enough to ask DW whether she'd gotten her extra check yet, I got lectured to not change anything just yet. On the bright side, she probably should know more tomorrow... I'm annoyed, but I can probably pay off at least the higher interest one tomorrow, cutting the total almost in half. 

Also, she said she's going to get a plaque for being in the company for 5 years. 

• Like 5

<----------Also, I (finally) got a new tea towel to hang on that there white cupboard door.

I haven't hung it up yet though. I'm not convinced I've managed to train everybody (I'm especially lookin' at you, dh) to NOT ACTUALLY USE DECORATIVE TEA TOWELS.

Yes. That is yelling. :svengo:

Why buy a towel you can’t actually use???? (I’m anti useless decorations now that I’m older and the one who has to clean everything.)

• Like 2

:crying:

My aunt passed away.  I received a note in the mail from a cousin I don't know telling me that her mom (my aunt) passed away a few weeks ago.  I'm so very glad she took the time to let me know.  She thanked me for keeping in touch with her mom (mostly Christmas cards).

I only met my aunt one time -- at my father's funeral.  (My father's family all live in California.)  I hate that my parents' divorce made a relationship with his family, half of my family, nearly impossible.

I have to remove my aunt from my Christmas card list, but I get to add my cousin.  It's kind of bittersweet to lose an aunt and gain a cousin at the same time.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I love Elizabeth George Speare's books. "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" is an all time favorite of mine. I just read DS "Sign of the Beaver" by her and we both loved that one, too.

Yes, I love her too!  I read Witch of Blackbird Pond to youngest dd earlier this fall.  Just the other day she mentioned it and said she'd like to do more books like that.   :001_tt1:

So, what are ya'll talking about?

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray: Renai is here!  

• Like 2

Good morning!

I'm in bed waiting for birthday breakfast and decorations etc. to be ready before the kids come rushing in yelling happy birthday and tackling me, as the tradition goes. 😠:D

Also, they'll play this delightful song for me: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WijjkITGY58

(((Junie)))

Paige, hope you appointment adventure goes OK today!

Coffee!!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

This morning DD16's stuffed Monkey decided to be one of those alarm clocks that run around the room yelling until someone catches them to make them be quiet.  DD16 just laid there, waiting for Monkey to come within reach.  Monkey then ran off to turn off an alarm on my phone, and came back for round 2 (DH doing the voice this time).

It's amazing how much like a really irritating klaxon Monkey can sound, though as he runs out of breath it becomes more like a squealing balloon running out of air.

DD16 took her time, making her bed as she got up before finally booping Monkey's nose.  Monkey then started fussing until he got a hug for all of his hard work.

It's a tough job, being a teen's Monkey!

• Like 1

I’m so excited! I get to gift myself a root canal and crown for Christmas. Apparently they didn’t get all the nerve roots two decades back when I first had it done (different dentist), and I get to have it redone.

So now I get to work overtime for a tooth, rather than a new kitchen counter. Yay. :crying:

• Like 1

Tomorrow is going to be a pain. DS has a doctor appt in the morning about an hour away and I have to take Baby who wants to eat every 2 hrs (spoiled) and I dislike nursing in public so I will pump a bottle and be uncomfortable in other ways. Then I'll hopefully take DS back to school, only to take him to another doctor appt. a few hours later about 30min away where Baby needs another bottle, and I get to drive home during rush hour of some of the country's worst traffic. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I wish you quick doctor visits and light traffic!

Someone tell my cat to shut up!! Meow, meow, meow..Stick a sock in it kitty! 

Mine was doing that this morning, AFTER she had been fed by DD13.  I stuffed her out the door.

Rather nice sunrise this morning!  This is the time of year when the light is just so, and I want to wash windows.

• Like 1

What am I doing, or what would I like to do?

I would like to go to sleep, because I get up at 3:40am to teach English at 4am. But, alas, I cannot because I'm waiting for Dancer to call me so I can pick her up from her ride's house. She went with several in the Bible Alive Theater to a weekend conference in Branson.

What I'm doing is falling asleep. Because tired. I'm up early to teach English, many days lucky enough to catch a short nap (up to 45 minutes sometimes) before dragging through the rest of the day. I still sometimes educate my own children. And volunteer with VHSG. I have developed a few more Learning Spanish through Literature classes. The more I write, the more my brain overloads me with more ideas.

My house is in shambles, I sometimes cook. My older cat is deaf, I think. She only wants to lay on me all day. Which increases my laziness 10-fold.

But, my kids still love me. So there's that.

We still love you, too!

Yay!  It's a loving-on-Renai  BOOYA!!!!

(noh just this once, because Renai)

:001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

I want my student loans paid off. But I don't even know how to increase my monthly payments (because I don't know how to log into my account), so it's going to be almost 4 years.

Is there a number you could ball for assistance in getting logged into your account?

How did I miss that typo?  ball==call.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 1

I figured out the student loan thing. I owe less than I thought I did. My time estimate was pretty accurate though - 3y11m, though I did not do the exact math (they're two loans at different interest rates (one just under 5%, the other at about 6.5%, and I just picked an interest rate closer to the higher one (6%) and combined them). I even managed to find the thing on the site to change payments, but because I was dumb enough to ask DW whether she'd gotten her extra check yet, I got lectured to not change anything just yet. On the bright side, she probably should know more tomorrow... I'm annoyed, but I can probably pay off at least the higher interest one tomorrow, cutting the total almost in half. 

Also, she said she's going to get a plaque for being in the company for 5 years. 

Hooray for figuring it out!  Congrats to DW on 5 years!

• Like 1

Why buy a towel you can’t actually use???? (I’m anti useless decorations now that I’m older and the one who has to clean everything.)

I actually have a few towels that end up being that.  I have some I keep pretty and clean to line baskets for bread when we host Thanksgiving.  When we don't host they stay hidden away, or else they will get used and stained and not be pretty anymore.

Part of me wants to embroider some tea towels, just like the ones my Grandmas used to have.  I loved those towels, and would help with dishes just to get to use them to dry things.  I don't have time to learn another craft right now, however, so those towels will have to wait.

• Like 2

I’m so excited! I get to gift myself a root canal and crown for Christmas. Apparently they didn’t get all the nerve roots two decades back when I first had it done (different dentist), and I get to have it redone.

So now I get to work overtime for a tooth, rather than a new kitchen counter. Yay. :crying:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Now you know what you would spend Slache's $3000 on.   :glare:

• Like 5

Good Tuesday Morning!

I'd like to start Thanksgiving break a week early.  But can't.  Bummer.  

Solidarity like.

Diversion:  today's Google Doodle celebrates the hole punch.

• Like 1

Good morning!

I'm in bed waiting for birthday breakfast and decorations etc. to be ready before the kids come rushing in yelling happy birthday and tackling me, as the tradition goes. 😠:D

Also, they'll play this delightful song for me:

(((Junie)))

Coffee!!

Happy birthday, Susie-Q!!!!

:party:  :party:

Good morning!

Also, they'll play this delightful song for me:

(((Junie)))

Coffee!!

:party:  :party:  :party:

Happy Birthday!

:grouphug:  :grouphug: Ouch.

• Like 1

I am up. It's gray and drizzling. Perfect November weather. DH is rattling around the house, toying with whether or not he will go out to the woods. If he doesn't, he'll have to put up with school today, because it's getting done, regardless of how biteful the snappers are today.

I missed Renai. :seeya: Hi, Renai!

• Like 3

:ohmy:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

We still love you, too!

:001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

Yay!  It's a loving-on-Renai  BOOYA!!!!

(noh just this once, because Renai)

I'm leaving this (quoted when I meant to edit), because it's more loving on Renai.   :laugh:

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

Y'all need to just stop talking about all your craftiness!! Sewing aprons! Embroidering! Martha, Martha, Martha!

If I were actually crafty I would simply have whipped out some of my desired towels already.  This past weekend I watched SIL place some sparkly ribbon in a vase to make a table decoration for the wedding reception -- it looked so simple to do, and I was utterly flabbergasted.  SIL does this sort of stuff a lot, and I'm always wondering how people do that.  I need very clear and explicit directions, and clear instruction on HOW.

• Like 1

If I had $3,000 I would save it for a big family trip before DS is too old. 

My mom did my colors once and gave up because she said everything looked good on me.  ;) I'm sure that was mom-blindness talking. But I still don't know my colors. I have pale skin, light green/blue eyes, medium brown hair, and my veins say I'm neutral, but I'm doing something wrong. 

Yay for new jobs and stoves!

Sorry for losses... :grouphug:

Maybe you are a soft summer like me. I come up with mixed results with the tests, and look best in extremely muted colors. 

ETA: Prairie told me, and she's usually right about these things. :001_smile:

Edited by Critterfixer

Good morning, everyone! Coffee! Hi, Renai!

Good Tuesday Morning!

I'd like to start Thanksgiving break a week early. But can't. Bummer.

This is the time of year I start thinking about becoming an unschooler.

Good morning!

I'm in bed waiting for birthday breakfast and decorations etc. to be ready before the kids come rushing in yelling happy birthday and tackling me, as the tradition goes. [emoji16] :D

Also, they'll play this delightful song for me: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WijjkITGY58

(((Junie)))

Coffee!!

Happy Birthday!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Happy Birthday, Susan! ðŸ’ðŸ’ðŸ’

((Ikslo)). We went to the dentist yesterday. It was not pretty. Bad mom might have cried a lil when she heard how many cavities dd6 and dd9 have.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Happy birfday Susan! 🎉🎂🎆

There’s no point in reasoning with an adult who illogically blames you for their problems, right? Like, is it wrong to just refuse to engage at that point? My INFJness says I should be able to demonstrate reality to them with logical proofs so that the problem can be resolved, but I’m wondering if it’s really more like pissing in the wind.

No point.

• Like 1

There’s no point in reasoning with an adult who illogically blames you for their problems, right? Like, is it wrong to just refuse to engage at that point? My INFJness says I should be able to demonstrate reality to them with logical proofs so that the problem can be resolved, but I’m wondering if it’s really more like pissing in the wind.

You are correct; it really is like creating your own precipitation.  Refusing to engage, while perhaps a struggle to learn, can be very liberating once you get the hang of it!

• Like 1