Menu

Ignore this thread!

I thought it was Lincoln.

It depends on how you define 'pardon' and 'tradition'. He spared a turkey's life, and so did some other presidents at times, and Reagan gave a presidential pardon to a turkey, but then probably ate the next year's turkey, and then Bush started pardoning them on a regular basis. 

Boeja!

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 3

Edpo: Reported!

I started a poll on the Gen Ed board.

Because I'm in a funk, here's my smart alec answer....

My homeschooling philosophy used to be "to light a fire."  Then, it was "just fill the doggone bucket."  Now, it's "throw the bucket at 'em and hope something sticks."  

j/k  

• Like 8

Morning! I thought I would visit my friends while both dogs are in the bath tub soaking in their medicated soap! I already scooped kitty poo while waiting. I'm bored. I'm getting everyone started on chores while dh mows the yard. What should I cook today? I need something for tonight, tomorrow night, and Monday night. Nothing sounds good.

Here's our menu for this week:

Monday: Krissi's slow cooker potato soup! :)

Tuesday: picnic dinner (croissants, hardboiled eggs, fruit, cookies)

Wednesday: fish tacos with cilantro lime sauce

Thursday: West Aftrican plasas (chicken in tomato-peanut sauce, rice)

Friday: shepherd's pie

Saturday: corn casserole w/ham

Sunday: French Bread pizza

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Oh! Our rent went up $11. Since moving to Oregon our rent has gone up over $100 a year. Yet another reason this apartment is better. I also attribute any weight loss managed since Alex was born to that trail. Not to mention all the weight not gained during my PPD. I gained 40 after Mary was born and I think 8 after Alex was.

• Like 1

That was my philosophy with ds20 (gifted, 2E)

My philosophy with dd15 is between CM and more unschooly (but still teacher led so maybe not unschooly - more sneaky). 

I still like CM very much. 

I don't expect that Slache with a 1st grader and Slache with a freshman will have the exact same philosophy, or that John's mom and Alex's mom will either. I'm glad our life is fairly laid back so that we can flow with the tide together.

• Like 5

Went to Aldi, put away some groceries, finished sorting through the girl's clothes bins, found a light jacket and winter coat for everyone, and ate leftovers for lunch. Still have to sort through the shoe bin and see what kinds of winter shoes are available for the girls. Right now I need to drink more coffee and make an apple pie for the church bonfire.

• Like 2

I don't expect that Slache with a 1st grader and Slache with a freshman will have the exact same philosophy, or that John's mom and Alex's mom will either. I'm glad our life is fairly laid back so that we can flow with the tide together.

DS(16) and Baby have totally different moms. I feel sorry for both of them. Poor DS(16); I was so uptight and too strict! Poor Baby; there’s no more idealism or cares to give!

• Like 7

Nobody is taking this thread seriously!!

I cleaned out the Hall Closet. And I didn't just re-organize.

2 huge bags of trash!

A box of things to take to the thrift store

2 bags of fabric scraps to take to the thrift store

And the whole time I was humming to myself, "free, free, I'm free at last!! Thank God Almighty I'm free at last"

Free of all this clutter!!

• Like 6

Thanks for the menu ideas! We have clipped dog nails, bathed dogs, cleaned both bathrooms, washed and dried my sheets and remade bed, washed and dried and folded and put away one laundry load, unloaded and reloaded and started dishwasher, vacuumed and dusted living room and den and foyer, shopped at aldi and meat market, played and visited out front, cleaned off kitchen table, and prepped meat for suppers.

I also ate at Wendy's with my neighbor.

We are cooking Italian chicken, glazed salmon, burgers, steak, kielbasa, and shrimp (all on the grill), pinto beans, corn, salad, and roasted red potatoes. That should last 3 or so nights!

I bought a frozen cheesecake so I wouldn't have to bake for church tomorrow.

I'm ready for a nap.

Over achiever!!😜
  • Like 1

I worked. I'm home and I have kitty boxes to clean. Then Imma probably bathe, put on my toga (don't ask) and ask everyone to deal with their own stomachs for supper. I had a good day at work, but I have a headache that is just hammering my brains to bits, and that makes me a little bit...less perky.

Since we are rhyming with turkey.

• Like 2

Fifty percent. That's what we're going for. This afternoon I took DH out to the garage. We have a high shelf that runs the length of the garage. I made DH take all the boxes down and we either threw away or gave to the thrift shop half of the stuff. So now, half the shelf is bare.

• Like 5

I’m supposed to wear evening wear to the mystery party tonight. I don’t have evening wear. And it’s cold. So I have my little black dress. And a sweater. And a fancy (for me) scarf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooh, now that sounds like fun!!
  • Like 3

:blushing: Minor brag alert:

A published poet just told me that a poem I sent her for critique (with some minor changes) should be submitted for publishing. I'm kind of ridiculously pleased right now.

And you should be ridiculously pleased right now. Congratulations!! That is wonderful!!
  • Like 2

Ds12 helped me make the pie, and we went a little crazy and spread some caramel on the bottom crust before adding the apples. It turned out great! The other things we brought were a bowl of apples and oranges and BBQ chips. Someone brought a quinoa salad that was quite tasty.

How was the mystery dinner, Jean?

A Booyah of Great Mystery! And Caramel!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I decided that today would be the day to switch out summer clothes for winter ones.

Each week I have a different child in charge of the kids' laundry.  This week was dd13's turn.  

Dd13 did 9 loads of laundry today!  WILLINGLY!!

After about the sixth load I told her that the rest could wait until next week and someone else would finish it.  She said that she wanted to finish it herself.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 13

I decided that today would be the day to switch out summer clothes for winter ones.

Each week I have a different child in charge of the kids' laundry. This week was dd13's turn.

Dd13 did 9 loads of laundry today! WILLINGLY!!

After about the sixth load I told her that the rest could wait until next week and someone else would finish it. She said that she wanted to finish it herself.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Good mama.
  • Like 3

Each week I have a different child in charge of the kids' laundry. This week was dd13's turn.

Dd13 did 9 loads of laundry today! WILLINGLY!!

After about the sixth load I told her that the rest could wait until next week and someone else would finish it. She said that she wanted to finish it herself.

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Give her many hugs and hi-fives from the ITT!

• Like 3

Ds12 helped me make the pie, and we went a little crazy and spread some caramel on the bottom crust before adding the apples. It turned out great! The other things we brought were a bowl of apples and oranges and BBQ chips. Someone brought a quinoa salad that was quite tasty.

How was the mystery dinner, Jean?

A Booyah of Great Mystery! And Caramel!

Oh mercy, that pie sounds yummy!!
  • Like 1