Menu

Ignore this thread!

I posted once yesterday - replied to 7 or more posts and the internet ate it.  .....

I don't know what they all were, but here are a few I remember....

Ahead?  No, perpetually behind.  Laundry, dishes - always behind. Cleaning? what's that?  Cooking?  Let's just say "What's for supper" is triggering for me.  

Trips?  I'm with Luuknam.  Trips will result in becoming 3 weeks further behind than I was before.  No trips.  

Tablecloths - yes, when we have company to cover up the places on the table that won't come clean.

• Like 8

I have been a complete and utter slug today.  I'm still in my night jammies (as opposed to my day pajama pantz) and my robe.  And my hair looks like some birds have been nesting in it.  I Candy Saga'd way too long.  I did do animal care and had my own breakfast and took my meds.  And I did go through all the mail and sorted the bills.  I haven't actually paid them yet though.  Then I was listening to Sammy Davis Jr. because he was on an episode of I Dream of Jeannie that I watched the other day and I remembered how much I like his voice.  Then I got curious about his life and looked some stuff up which then sent me on a couple of other rabbit trails.. . .   I guess you could say that I was studying a bit of modern history since his long life and celebrity status intersected with so many things (WWII, civil rights movement, Nixon, the Kennedy's. . . ). 

• Like 6

I posted once yesterday - replied to 7 or more posts and the internet ate it. .....

I don't know what they all were, but here are a few I remember....

Ahead? No, perpetually behind. Laundry, dishes - always behind. Cleaning? what's that? Cooking? Let's just say "What's for supper" is triggering for me.

Trips? I'm with Luuknam. Trips will result in becoming 3 weeks further behind than I was before. No trips.

Tablecloths - yes, when we have company to cover up the places on the table that won't come clean.

Yep. You got it!

• Like 2

Gnats coming out of our upstairs bathroom sink overflow drainage holes. Suddenly, in the past 24-hours. Sink has been cleaned regularly and recently, and now again like 10 times in the past day. Nothing we have tried has seemed to help. Ideas? I need some ITT wisdom here before I resort to the flame thrower.

Gnats coming out of our upstairs bathroom sink overflow drainage holes. Suddenly, in the past 24-hours. Sink has been cleaned regularly and recently, and now again like 10 times in the past day. Nothing we have tried has seemed to help. Ideas? I need some ITT wisdom here before I resort to the flame thrower.

Hungry frogs?

• Like 5

http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Gnats

Oh, JJM..... your services are required.

flamethrower.gifflamethrower.gifflamethrower.gif

(Can't believe I'm wasting the flamethrower juice on gnats.  I have much better targets in mind. :glare:  Thse things we do for love.  :svengo: )

• Like 8

I opened the cage door and Rusty took the opportunity to escape his girlfriend's clutches. Then he wanted to go back in. But I decided to keep them separated for now. I don't really want to have to watch them in case Bailey has a relapse of her bunny ptsd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Rusty had his cotton balls removed? Do you have a baby bunny plan in case certain people decide to break house rules?

• Like 2

I want a nap. But it's too late for naps, and a boy has invaded my space to escape football/golf going on in the living room. I made more cheese rolls for snacking next week, and I'll have to get up to start chores and supper soon. So no nap for me. :sad:

Aww.  

My chili-peppered rolls are proving to be just a little strong, so I might try (tomorrow) throwing them into the mixer with more shredded cheddar, Velveeta, and cream cheese.  My rolls were also falling apart on me, likely from too many pecans.  I think DD16 and friend ate all of the non-chili powdered ones, so I might try making these again very soon so DD13 can try them.  She won't be able to eat the ones with chili powder unless I can cut it WAY back.  My BILs would both love the thickly spicy ones, however.

My meat-cheese ball was a bit too gooey to make a good ball, so I put it in a bowl instead.  Tasty, but it ended up a bit too salty.  I'll try adding more cream cheese to it tomorrow to see if that makes it better.  If it gets even more too gooey I might see what happens when grated Parmesan is added.  True food experimentation!

Our overnight guest is napping upstairs.  Her mother is late picking her up (not a surprise to me, and not an issue today so I'm not fussed).  I have packed up a tub of some of the soup I made, cooled down and in the fridge, for them to take home if they like.

ILs dropped DD13 off an hour or two ago.  I sent hot soup home with them for their supper.  DD13 is online with her cousins and/or a friend right now.  Everyone here is under orders to eat when they are hungry.  DD16 already is.

• Like 4

Likety to all! I'm on my anti-likety phone.

We had a church picnic today too. Corn hole! Great weather! Too many desserts! Dh was Corn Hole Champion. He'd like you to know that. He also came in first yesterday in a 25-mile bike thing. Granted, his competition were all older men and a pregnant lady...

Also, I discovered that my grandmother-eight-generations-ago was the friend and neighbor of the ancestor of a man In my church. Wild stuff, I tell you.

Paige, when are you due?

Tonight is Packers night. 🈠Woo-hoo!

• Like 7

Paige, when are you due?

Supposedly Oct 22, which puts me at 35 weeks, but they moved my due date 2 weeks after my original due date at 12 weeks b/c baby was small, which seems a big jump. I don't think the Oct 22 date can be correct because of a business trip and DH not being home at the time that implies, but who knows. It makes me a little nervous- baby is supposedly very small even with the adjusted due date, but all my kids have been small for gestational age. I'm not sure when to expect baby- sometime between now and the beginning of Nov!

• Like 7

On 9/16/2017 at 12:02 AM, luuknam said:

Well, and then there are situations where it's not about spoiling the kid, but about stuff that needs to be done, e.g. brushing teeth. It's not a disaster to skip that occasionally, but you can't just let a kid go indefinitely without brushing his teeth, just because the kid is feeling oppositional (no sensory issues with the brushing - a phase of being oppositional and pushing boundaries about plenty of other stuff too). And unfortunately, I'm not talking about a 2yo, but about a 2nd grader. Sigh.

The rule that has worked here is that if you don't cooperate & get your teeth brushed at bedtime (no drama), your food the next day is only meat, eggs, vegetables and water, because I am not going to help you get cavities and then pay to get them filled. (Obvs not effective if that's what your kid likes!)

On 9/17/2017 at 5:37 PM, ikslo said:

Painter's tape over the holes.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 11

Today's Modern Woman

• Fit and healthy

• Makes dinner every night

• Has a career of her own

• Keeps a lovely home

• Spends quality time with her mate

• Great with the kids

• Volunteers in the community

• Looks so put-together

• Fun social life

Pick any two.

Boy, am I in trouble. :laugh:

• Like 6

I also picked up one of the Cadfael books from the library, and found myself locating and destroying the typos I found in the copy. Methinks I may be getting a little sensitive to the things...

ETA: Mental flamethrower. I would never deface library property. :sleep: Unless dog-ears count. Because I am sometimes guilty of that sin.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5