Menu

Ignore this thread!

Why is the Oriental Trading catalog on MY desk? That is DH's thing, and he is the one that collects the mail. I don't want to see all of that silly fun stuff! Get it away! Get it away!

Dang, too late. In trying to move it to the round file it fell open to some fun Halloween stuff. I'm done for. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

FYI, International Talk Like A Pirate Day is next Tuesday, Sept. 19th - you might need supplies!

• Like 5

Oriental Trading company does not tempt me.

The new Hearth and Hand collection by Magnolia Market that will be coming to Target this fall.....I may have to give up going to Target or get three part-time jobs.

I keep looking at OT's small goodies, thinking about passing out that instead of candy for Halloween.  With luck I'll set the catalog aside for later and forget all about it.

• Like 1

Good morning! Coffee!

Mom is wanting to be admitted to the hospital because the pain in her side is not any better. Pain medication does not provide any relief. So I have put a call into the doctor, but we may have to go back to the ER again.

My body is still on central time.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

• Like 7

It has rained and I feel so much better. I usually hate gloomy days, but I hope it keeps raining until all the ragweed dies.

My DDa is making friends at school. I'm so nervous for her- she has been so super shy and filled with social anxiety for years and I was so worried. I hope it works out and the kids are actually nice. It sounds like she was placed in a class with a couple outgoing but calmer kids that reached out to her and she's opening up. DDb who is much higher on the anxiety scale is still talking to nobody and maybe is a little jealous of her sister, so it's good news/bad news. 

Dawn- hope your mom is ok.  :grouphug:

I have been dragging DH's boxes of junk out of the storage room and into a main room for him to hopefully purge. He has been hauling this crap around from house to house for 20years. I need it gone to empty out the baby's room and hopefully still make the storage room organized enough to be useful. Here's hoping he doesn't just shove it back in the storage area in front of my newly beautifully arranged shelves! Y'all, it's like 20 boxes of mostly junk mail that can't be burned in bulk b/c there's probably birth certificates and other important stuff mixed in here and there! I want to paint the baby's room before I can't. It's just drywall now and I'm getting nesty. 

• Like 7

I had the most bizarre, involved dream last night. I went to go find my two aunts that I didn't know I had and they lived in what appeared to be 1800s France. They were trying to start up a business where they made clothes to sell. All the clothes looked different, no two were alike. They were in a three-story building the main story was incredibly tall and it was the store and the top story had no use so they gave it to me to live in. There was this whole other side of the family I didn't know about and they were nice so they stayed away from my side of the family. Outside there were these poor people trying to start a business with a food stand and my aunt's helped them to pay bills because the wealthy men were evil and trying to take everything they could. Across the courtyard there was another huge building and I found out that the evil men owned the building and they were keeping an old man in the basement. The man was like thousands of years old and knew almost everything. We helped him Escape and in doing so I found out that there were people in outer space and spaceships and so much more to the universe than I knew. One of the poor people that was trying to make food was actually an orphan and the old man helped her to get home. She had this memory of outer space and the man could see her memory and knew that one of the Stars wasn't real. She was to go and see what that start actually was and it was a hospital. Something at the hospital was wrong that's why she escaped and didn't remember. Then Matt woke me up with sausage and potatoes. The whole dream was brownish like it was a movie run through some sort of a filter. A lot of people spoke with something similar to London accents. I remember the clothes and names and insides of the buildings. It was all very intense.

Wow, that is a pretty detailed and involved dream!! Sometimes I wonder why we remember the minute details of some dreams and others are just vague impressions.
  • Like 4

I have been dragging DH's boxes of junk out of the storage room and into a main room for him to hopefully purge. He has been hauling this crap around from house to house for 20years. I need it gone to empty out the baby's room and hopefully still make the storage room organized enough to be useful. Here's hoping he doesn't just shove it back in the storage area in front of my newly beautifully arranged shelves! Y'all, it's like 20 boxes of mostly junk mail that can't be burned in bulk b/c there's probably birth certificates and other important stuff mixed in here and there! I want to paint the baby's room before I can't. It's just drywall now and I'm getting nesty.

Let me know how that works out for you. Every time I suggest to DH he go through the boxes of college textbooks that are gathering dust or maybe he ought to get rid of the cowboy boots that I have never once seen him wear in the 17 years I have known him.... he gets this panicked look on his face.
  • Like 5

I went through boxes of unopened mail when I married dh.  Sometimes it's easier to just do the task than to wait on someone else.

When we downsized a couple of years ago, I had to teach dh how to sort and prioritize. It wasn't a skill that he had. We talked about the intangible cost of storing something.  When I went through all of my stuff and he began to feel the house "breathe", he discovered that he really liked it.

He's still a packrat, but it's manageable.

• Like 6

Dear, dear Celery. Why would you actually add -10 + -9 + -8 .... + 9 + 10 + 11 +12??? You actually managed to get the correct answer, so kudos on not messing up the arithmetic due to sloppiness (as you usually do), but, WHY??? Virtually every problem in this book needs to be simplified first, at which point they tend to become really easy. 

(this is obviously not our best math day... he actually did stuff like that for *every* problem today... he did simplify some of the problems on previous days, so all hope is not lost, but man... think before you arithmetic)

• Like 3

Fibromyalgia is weird. It can mask some pain like kidney stones because it gets swallowed up by my normal pain. But stuff that wouldn't bother other people as much is like intensifying a laser with a magnifying glass. It was a super bad night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

((Jeannie))
  • Like 2

:grouphug: Jean. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm at the ER with mom again. I tried to do a direct admit through her doctor with the ER visit on the 4th, but it didn't work. So we are going this route, and if this don't work we are trying for an admission to a nursing/rehabilitation center for pain management and therapy. She will be closer to the hospital, as well, so they can do tests and what not to find out the cause of her pain. They are doing another CAT scan and blood work now.

It is going to be a long day.

• Like 2

We are nearly done with lessons. Our house guests were fairly amused over the Iliad dramatization - particularly when the kids added additional drama. Whenever someone was killed they did a dramatic:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g

And then when Penthesilea is slain by Achilles they broke out into:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZIOkbrX_uU

:D It's a wonder we can get through any of this material.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

We are nearly done with lessons. Our house guests were fairly amused over the Iliad dramatization - particularly when the kids added additional drama. Whenever someone was killed they did a dramatic:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZIOkbrX_uU

That must have been hysterical!!!😂
  • Like 3

I had the most bizarre, involved dream last night. I went to go find my two aunts that I didn't know I had and they lived in what appeared to be 1800s France. They were trying to start up a business where they made clothes to sell. All the clothes looked different, no two were alike. They were in a three-story building the main story was incredibly tall and it was the store and the top story had no use so they gave it to me to live in. There was this whole other side of the family I didn't know about and they were nice so they stayed away from my side of the family. Outside there were these poor people trying to start a business with a food stand and my aunt's helped them to pay bills because the wealthy men were evil and trying to take everything they could. Across the courtyard there was another huge building and I found out that the evil men owned the building and they were keeping an old man in the basement. The man was like thousands of years old and knew almost everything. We helped him Escape and in doing so I found out that there were people in outer space and spaceships and so much more to the universe than I knew. One of the poor people that was trying to make food was actually an orphan and the old man helped her to get home. She had this memory of outer space and the man could see her memory and knew that one of the Stars wasn't real. She was to go and see what that start actually was and it was a hospital. Something at the hospital was wrong that's why she escaped and didn't remember. Then Matt woke me up with sausage and potatoes. The whole dream was brownish like it was a movie run through some sort of a filter. A lot of people spoke with something similar to London accents. I remember the clothes and names and insides of the buildings. It was all very intense.

Slashie is dreaming in daguerreotype!

• Like 6

I want warm, soft hugs....

Also warm, soft sugar cookies, but I don't see those coming my way today. Sigh.

I would love some warm, soft hugs, too. And.... some pumpkin pie. I don't know why I have been craving pumpkin pie lately. Must be a Vitamin A deficiency. And I'm not one of those "it's September, break out the pumpkin spice everything" people. I just really want pumpkin pie. With whipped cream. And some COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸
  • Like 4

Good morning! Coffee!

Mom is wanting to be admitted to the hospital because the pain in her side is not any better. Pain medication does not provide any relief. So I have put a call into the doctor, but we may have to go back to the ER again.

My body is still on central time.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Have them check for an infection.  I had a mystery pain once that was quite debilitating, and every test the doctors ran at the ER didn't find out what it was.  When I got in to see my own doc as a follow-up he ran blood work to check for an infection.  Sure enough, I had one, though no one knew how I got it.  A good course of antibiotics later and the pain was all gone.  Nothing else would do more than dull it a bit.

• Like 3

I would love some warm, soft hugs, too. And.... some pumpkin pie. I don't know why I have been craving pumpkin pie lately. Must be a Vitamin A deficiency. And I'm not one of those "it's September, break out the pumpkin spice everything" people. I just really want pumpkin pie. With whipped cream. And some COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Pumpkin pie sounds lovely. 

• Like 2

It has rained and I feel so much better. I usually hate gloomy days, but I hope it keeps raining until all the ragweed dies.

My DDa is making friends at school. I'm so nervous for her- she has been so super shy and filled with social anxiety for years and I was so worried. I hope it works out and the kids are actually nice. It sounds like she was placed in a class with a couple outgoing but calmer kids that reached out to her and she's opening up. DDb who is much higher on the anxiety scale is still talking to nobody and maybe is a little jealous of her sister, so it's good news/bad news. 

Dawn- hope your mom is ok.  :grouphug:

I have those boxes.  Impending need for space does help me get through some periodically, but there are so many and I get busy on other needs, too.  Hopefully your DH can get through at least some of them now.

I wonder if your DDa's new friends might have a class or two with your DDb, too?  If there were a way for DDa to introduce DDb to the new friends, say, studying together after school or something, perhaps they can either befriend DDb, too, or help her meet some others?

Does DDa know where DDb's locker is?  Sometimes a note dropped in the locker every now and then from a friend or sibling one doesn't have classes with still helps cheer a student up.

Hmm, a new form of penpal, "locker texting".   :laugh:

• Like 1

Fibromyalgia is weird. It can mask some pain like kidney stones because it gets swallowed up by my normal pain. But stuff that wouldn't bother other people as much is like intensifying a laser with a magnifying glass. It was a super bad night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Dear, dear Celery. Why would you actually add -10 + -9 + -8 .... + 9 + 10 + 11 +12??? You actually managed to get the correct answer, so kudos on not messing up the arithmetic due to sloppiness (as you usually do), but, WHY??? Virtually every problem in this book needs to be simplified first, at which point they tend to become really easy. 

(this is obviously not our best math day... he actually did stuff like that for *every* problem today... he did simplify some of the problems on previous days, so all hope is not lost, but man... think before you arithmetic)

So like DD16 at that age.  Sometimes all the brain can manage is what is the next step staring her in the face.  Simplifying doesn't stare, but plusses and minuses do.

• Like 1

Btw, when I call him back to look at problems like that, he tends to spot the way to simplify it right away. It'd just make both our lives easier if he simplified it the first time. 

Sounds like the distraction away freshened up what the eyes saw.  Very DD16, and very me, actually.  I find if I'm getting stumped on something and I walk away to do something else for a bit I have a much easier time when I return to it.  Even just a bathroom break can be enough at times.

• Like 1

I'm having one of those days where little noises sound like kettledrums and general talking seems like being surrounded by a football stadium full of people yammering. I think I'll put some ear plugs in.

Right there with you.  Big art day today, with very chatty mother visiting with me during the first, phone call with a friend over lunch, then another very chatty mother visiting me during the second art class.  Massive flight of love bugs getting into EVERYTHING (drove through clouds of them, too), and I get to take the kids to music at a dance studio here in just a bit.

I actually appreciated chatting with the louder chatty mother more than the quieter one.  I could hear the louder one easily, but with the quieter one I'd have to lean in, then she'd talk louder so I'd lean back again, then she'd get quieter again.  She's nice and I enjoy her company, but I do find it hard to hear her at times.

And one of the tunes from Zumba won't leave my head.  I keep wanting to do some steps and wave my arms around, but people will think I'm weird.  Especially if I do it while driving.

• Like 2

:grouphug: Jean. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm at the ER with mom again. I tried to do a direct admit through her doctor with the ER visit on the 4th, but it didn't work. So we are going this route, and if this don't work we are trying for an admission to a nursing/rehabilitation center for pain management and therapy. She will be closer to the hospital, as well, so they can do tests and what not to find out the cause of her pain. They are doing another CAT scan and blood work now.

It is going to be a long day.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I've also dreamed in blue tint. I've known people that have had black and white dreams and people that have had silent dreams. The brain is weird.

My dad used to dream in black and white.

One morning my mom was talking about a dream that she had had.  My dad stopped her in the middle of the description and asked her how she knew that the man's jacket was brown.

He had no idea that it was possible to dream in color.  He had always dreamed in black and white and never thought that it was possible to dream in color.

He dreams in color now.  I don't know how long it took for him to "learn" how to do it.

• Like 7

I want warm, soft hugs....

Also warm, soft sugar cookies, but I don't see those coming my way today. Sigh.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I have no cookie icon.  How about some popcorn?   :lurk5:

• Like 1

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5: