Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ikslo junior needs a hover cart! The boys ouside have one and it's really cool!

My child has enough crap, thank you very much.

Unless you're buying the hover board and the cart attachment and the chair. Because I'm not.

• Like 1

Two loads folded and put away. One load in dryer (after having been washed). One load in the washing machine. And I am just getting started on my laundry marathon. (Bigger people mean bigger clothes so more loads. ). What I need is one washing machine but two dryers. The dryer takes twice as long as the washer.

My washer takes twice as long as my dryer. (unless I use normal wash, in which case it takes about the same amount of time, or do speed wash, in which case it takes about half the time - but I wash almost everything on sanitize, extra rinse, which takes about 2 hours)

I was eating green beans once, and there was a leaf in them. I about died choking on the leaf. Plus there's the whole I'm eating grasshoppers bit. I know they are not grasshoppers. But I see them and I think, "a bowl of bright green grasshoppers."

So eat sweet peas instead.  My favorites are baby peas, aka petite peas, because they are so tender.  A little butter, maybe a touch of salt -- yum!

Tonight's dinner here was compliments of page 57 of The Fresh20 cookbook.  Skirt steak, and a goat cheese and couscous kale salad.  I didn't have couscous so I used quinoa instead.  I quite liked it all!

DD15:  The green stuff looks weird.

Me:  Try it anyway.

DD15:  I don't like quinoa.

Me:  You haven't tried it this way.  Taste it before you judge.  There's goat cheese in there, too.

DD15:  Goat?  Ew!

Me:  Taste it before you judge.  *glower*

She grudgingly took some, likely tasted it (barely), and refused to eat any more except the meat.

Me:  Get more plant matter if you aren't going to eat the salad.

Meanwhile I had THIRDS (big servings!) on the salad.  I thought I didn't really like raw kale, but that salad is yummy!

• Like 3

Hey, I got a like back! I don't pretend they are grasshoppers! I start out with the best of intentions, and then the thoughts, they creep in. Grasshoppers. Grasshoppers. And it's all over after that.

I've heard that roasting them does really good things to them. But I haven't tried it to see if it is true.

When I was growing up Mom would buy frozen bricks of brussels sprouts and boil them to mushy balls.  I still ate mine if I could load them up with grated Parmesan.  It was as an adult that I finally tried roasting (yum!), sauteing, or stir frying fresh ones from the produce section.  All yum to me!

DH has the gene to taste the bitter.  The girls refuse to eat them, too.

In fairness to my Mom:  when I was growing up the produce section had a lot fewer choices.  Lots of our veggies, especially in winter, were either canned (yuck!) or frozen in bricks that the happy homemaker was to boil into submission.  Mom WAS the one who got me to first try fresh asparagus (when I was college-age), after I grew up shuddering at the stringy mush the frozen bricks would boil into.

• Like 1

And green beans from a can. And broccoli with mayonnaise.

Canned green beans is one of DD13's most favorite veggies.  That is the ONLY reason they are in the house.  The DDs like them, DH will eat them, so I will serve them up once in a great while.  Usually when I want to cook some veggie the others won't eat and I don't want to go through a lot of prep for another veggie they will eat.  Everyone seems satisfied about this, except for brussels sprouts cooking aroma.

Deal with it.

Butter beans. I like them. Related to limas but much better tasting, I think.

So eat those!

I might have to give them a try.  I really don't like lima beans, but DD15 does.  To be honest I haven't tried them fresh, though, only frozen.  I need to find butter beans or lima beans fresh, not frozen.

• Like 1

Maybe that garlic flavored mayo for the broccoli. But broccoli I like almost any way except raw or overcooked.

So, you eat broccoli for our former president, and he'll eat your green beans!  Win-win!

• Like 1

I will have nothing to do with a fresh head of broccoli. Because of the time my mom grew broccoli and then stuck the whole head into a pot of boiling water and a herd of crawly white things came swarming out. I hold fresh heads of cauliflower in suspicion.

They now sell these already washed, cut into florets, and bagged -- they are in the produce section.  I am really fond of many bagged salads and veggies -- less prep time!

My car had to be towed this morning. $600 later... I came home from work and dh had been washing bedding all afternoon. The dryer stopped working just as I walked in!! Thank God, it just started up again a while later!!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I just heard a friend's son is missing. He's in 7th grade and I feel sick. I knew him from about 2-8 and then we moved away but he's a good kid.  :crying:

He's been missing since this morning when he didn't show up at school but the parents didn't know until he didn't come home! 

If I start grabbing other people's kids, I think I will be arrested. I'm crazy, but not certifiable. :)

:laugh:

If I don't get up and work some more on the laundry during the next commercial you should all give me a wedgie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reported.

• Like 2

I just heard a friend's son is missing. He's in 7th grade and I feel sick. I knew him from about 2-8 and then we moved away but he's a good kid.  :crying:

He's been missing since this morning when he didn't show up at school but the parents didn't know until he didn't come home! 

:grouphug:   Hope you hear a good update soon!  

• Like 2

They now sell these already washed, cut into florets, and bagged -- they are in the produce section. I am really fond of many bagged salads and veggies -- less prep time!

I will do these as long as they are cut nice and small, but I usually buy frozen. Since it's summer, I really should do more with raw veggies and dip.

• Like 1

I was eating green beans once, and there was a leaf in them. I about died choking on the leaf. Plus there's the whole I'm eating grasshoppers bit. I know they are not grasshoppers. But I see them and I think, "a bowl of bright green grasshoppers."

Maybe you should eat some actually grasshoppers. That might solve that problem for you.

Green beans are good with sambal.

I mis-read this as your mom momentarily, and was puzzled....

My mom graduated high school in... not sure. I'm not even sure she finished. I know she was taking some high school classes when I was in high school, but I sort of think she ended up not finishing. My younger brother had some major issues soon after starting secondary school, so that took a lot of energy out of my mom. Plus, she found out that what she was considering doing at university (musicology) wasn't what she'd imagined it to be, so her motivation kind of dwindled too.

For the record, she wasn't exactly a high school dropout. Back when she was in secondary school, if you finished 3 years of HBS it was the equivalent of whatever the lower stream was called, so after those 3 years she went to a tertiary education program to become a kindergarten teacher. Which didn't work out as planned, but that's another story.

• Like 2

Canned green beans is one of DD13's most favorite veggies.  That is the ONLY reason they are in the house.  The DDs like them, DH will eat them, so I will serve them up once in a great while.  Usually when I want to cook some veggie the others won't eat and I don't want to go through a lot of prep for another veggie they will eat.  Everyone seems satisfied about this, except for brussels sprouts cooking aroma.

Deal with it.

I remember loving green bean in a can.

But it's not though. They're siblings. They're expected to ... do stuff like that to one another. I'm the mom. I'm supposed to be perfect.

You're still perfect. She probably deserved it anyway.

Don't they randomly burst into flames? [emoji91]

:ohmy:

My child has enough crap, thank you very much.

Unless you're buying the hover board and the cart attachment and the chair. Because I'm not.

Yes you are. He needs them! Unless Jean's right about them bursting into flames, because then he's not allowed to have one.

Slache's page?

Boeja!

Yeppa.

And I actually graduated in 1985.

Ha! You're old.

• Like 2

So eat those!

I might have to give them a try.  I really don't like lima beans, but DD15 does.  To be honest I haven't tried them fresh, though, only frozen.  I need to find butter beans or lima beans fresh, not frozen.

I think I remember all our coming from a can. :D Oh, wait! I have this vegetarian slow cooker book and I did make a recipe with fresh lima bean, once. It was good.

My car had to be towed this morning. $600 later... I came home from work and dh had been washing bedding all afternoon. The dryer stopped working just as I walked in!! Thank God, it just started up again a while later!!

Oh, no! Is your car okay now?

I just heard a friend's son is missing. He's in 7th grade and I feel sick. I knew him from about 2-8 and then we moved away but he's a good kid. :crying:

:crying: are they thinking run-away, abduction, or injury?

• Like 2

Praying that he will soon be home safe and sound.

• Like 2

:crying: are they thinking run-away, abduction, or injury?

They are hoping runaway but aren't sure. They moved recently and they think maybe he wanted to go back to his old state. He was pretty involved in his new area and has lots of friends so it's hard to say for sure. The police are questioning his friends. Apparently he's the 2nd kid missing from his class this year! Not just the school, but the class. The other one is a girl and they think she ran away, but again nobody knows since she hasn't been found. I can't wrap my mind around a 13yr old from a good home running away. He just turned 13 last month. 

I just heard a friend's son is missing. He's in 7th grade and I feel sick. I knew him from about 2-8 and then we moved away but he's a good kid. :crying:

I'm so sorry. :(

Just heard that he told a friend he was going to hitchhike back to his old area. OMG. Nobody good would pick up a hitchhiking kid. 

I don't think that's true. I think some people would pick up the kid just to make sure nobody bad picks them up. 

• Like 5

Just heard that he told a friend he was going to hitchhike back to his old area. OMG. Nobody good would pick up a hitchhiking kid. 

YES THEY WOULD! I used to hitchhike all the time. I mostly got picked up by dads who lectured me about hitchhiking.

• Like 3

Praying he is found safe and sound, healthy and unharmed. Praying for your friend and family too. May God give them comfort and hope and send the best of the best to find the child.

Please keep us updated. :grouphug:

• Like 1

I don't think that's true. I think some people would pick up the kid just to make sure nobody bad picks them up. 

YES THEY WOULD! I used to hitchhike all the time. I mostly got picked up by dads who lectured me about hitchhiking.

I hope that is true for him! But why wouldn't the good person call the police or take him home?

-worried.