Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ok, so if you were assigned to bring beans and cheese to a cub scout meal where they are serving fajitas....which cheese do you bring?

This issue is fraught with peril for me as:

1. fajitas don't typically get served with cheese

2. half of my congregation likely eats cotija or queso fresco and the other half eats kraft shredded, iykwim

Advice?

I have black beans going in my instant pot, but I am totally paralyzed on the cheese issue.

Bring a bag of kraft shredded and a tub of cotja.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I'm back from watering. Sadly, the river was really too high for me to feel comfortable letting two inexperienced boys try to navigate it. So we went to the lake. Which is never as relaxing. So I got nothing done and didn't relax. But there is always tomorrow. :001_smile:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope tomorrow the water level is better.

• Like 1

Ok, so if you were assigned to bring beans and cheese to a cub scout meal where they are serving fajitas....which cheese do you bring?

This issue is fraught with peril for me as:

1. fajitas don't typically get served with cheese

2. half of my congregation likely eats cotija or queso fresco and the other half eats kraft shredded, iykwim

Advice?

I have black beans going in my instant pot, but I am totally paralyzed on the cheese issue.

The shredded Italian mix (4 cheese, appeals to both crowds). :D

• Like 2

I'm going to hang a wire basket inside the door of one of my larger lower cabinets (a 15" wide x 5" deep x 7" high basket will fit), using wreath hangers to get the basket low enough and secure it on with some 3M thingies and possibly us a bungie cord to keep the pans more secure against the door. I wish I had a vertical cabinet! I have asked dh if he will cut out the back shelf in a cabinet to make it vertical, but he's not keen on doing that. My MIL has one and it's really nice!

The other thing is a simple over-the-door hanging shelf/bin storage thing to put inside my basement pantry door.

Hmm, inside our pantry door would work -- I can let the aprons hand over the sheet pans.  My narrow vertical cabinet is the full lower cabinet depth, so I have some pans hiding behind others and the cutting boards.  It would be so much easier and simpler to do like you are doing to hang the lesser-used pans inside the pantry, leaving the cabinet itself for the most-used cutting boards and rimmed pans.

Thanks for the idea!

• Like 1

I survived my 1st class!

They said there was an issue with my audio though, and I kept getting a message that my internet was unstable. I've not had that before. I'm thinking to maybe get an ethernet cable and wire it, but I'm not sure I can on this macbook. I need to check the side. Hold on...oh, ok, it looks like I can. I hope it works better tomorrow. If it doesn't, I might need to switch to my blackboard classroom for subsequent classes. There's more options there anyway.

• Like 7

I survived my 1st class!

They said there was an issue with my audio though, and I kept getting a message that my internet was unstable. I've not had that before. I'm thinking to maybe get an ethernet cable and wire it, but I'm not sure I can on this macbook. I need to check the side. Hold on...oh, ok, it looks like I can. I hope it works better tomorrow. If it doesn't, I might need to switch to my blackboard classroom for subsequent classes. There's more options there anyway.

We had a surprise power outage of 1 second in duration here earlier this afternoon.  If we disappear suddenly during class tomorrow it might be due to it happening again.  One never knows with unexpected power interruptions.

DD12 is looking forward to it!

ETA:  the class, she's looking forward to the class, not another power outage.

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

I survived my 1st class!

And  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray: !

• Like 2

I got new glasses today.  One of the kids said that I look like a high schooler.  I'm not sure what that means. 

:glare:  Apparently this means that these glasses look like the ones in my old school pictures.  They think I'm stuck in the '80s.

Um.   :huh:   I'm not sure which would be most appropriate:  loss of privileges, extra chores, or a research project.

At least dh likes my glasses.  I didn't think that he would, truthfully, and I was kind of worried about that.

• Like 6

I vote extra chores, Junie.

I've eaten, groused about the page limit for critiques (limits me to under 1,000 words, and that's not half a scene!) and read the two other submissions for critique. Sigh.

I think I need a bowl of strawberries with a dollop of whipped cream and a soak in the tub before I'm ready to tackle work this evening.

• Like 5

Are you adhering to your diet and walking everyday?

I don't really have a diet as such.  I mean, I eat sensibly.  I have logged my food many times on Sparkpeople or on the Fitbit site and come in at their calorie recommendations though I come in way under in carbs and higher in fats because I do low(er) carb. 

I am only getting 3000 steps a day.  I had worked up to 6400 steps a day and then everything crashed healthwise (again) and I went back to this as a baseline to keep me from staying in my armchair and calcifying into a rock.  I am often getting my last 100 steps at 11:30 at night.  Dh did say that I should start going to the Y again when he called me worried this afternoon after I sent him my bp numbers.  And I should.  I had a period of time when I was doing Zumba 5 days a week and cardio kickboxing 1 x a week and I LOVED it.  But at the end I was dancing in tears from pain every single day and I just couldn't do it anymore. 

• Like 1

I don't really have a diet as such.  I mean, I eat sensibly.  I have logged my food many times on Sparkpeople or on the Fitbit site and come in at their calorie recommendations though I come in way under in carbs and higher in fats because I do low(er) carb. 

I am only getting 3000 steps a day.  I had worked up to 6400 steps a day and then everything crashed healthwise (again) and I went back to this as a baseline to keep me from staying in my armchair and calcifying into a rock.  I am often getting my last 100 steps at 11:30 at night.  Dh did say that I should start going to the Y again when he called me worried this afternoon after I sent him my bp numbers.  And I should.  I had a period of time when I was doing Zumba 5 days a week and cardio kickboxing 1 x a week and I LOVED it.  But at the end I was dancing in tears from pain every single day and I just couldn't do it anymore. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

So, I had meant to come back to the thread after reading to Gymnast, but I didn't want to be in the room with clanging dishes that were being washed. I decided to wait. And fell asleep. Then woke back up at 12:37 am. It is currently 2:49 am, and I've been working on the computer, which I wanted to do before going to sleep. But am doing now. Because not sleeping.  :zombie:

• Like 2