• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I received a lecture today on how it would be best if my kids were in school and if I don't like something the school is doing to just march on up there and correct them because my taxes pay their salaries so those teachers work for me.

This woman has completely failed as a parent and is extremely obese. All she ever does is give me advice on my kids and dieting and treats me like a complete idiot if I contradict her.

:001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:   (without the smile, and to her, not you)

• Like 1

I meant that I don't sit in the car for that long.

:D

Yeah, I figured.  But I had to tease.  I've been thread-deprived for so long and am STILL catching up.

• Like 1

Dude. So not the same thing.

If you already have a smart phone or tablet downloading the ereader apps is a LOT cheaper than buying an ereading device.  None of these can take the place of hardcopy books, but I seldom use my Nook since I have the apps downloaded.  The Nook (first gen) is now for camping or any time I have a book in my Nook account and might be away from a charging cable for quite a while.

• Like 1

Revolution was also a J.J. Abrams show. Sadly, he abandoned it, even after I was in two episodes of it. :-(

He always does. He gets bored. Did you ever notice the same basic characters in every show? Emma/Sidney/Olivia and Hook/Vaughn/Peter. It's the same person. I think they're real people.

• Like 1

I'm so tired of the hive and the friggen whole 30 threads! I'm so jealous! I think we might just have to do one. (we not including anybody less that 5 feet tall)

You're excluding me? I thought we were besties.  :crying:

• Like 1

J.J. Abrams. Check out Lost, Fringe, and Once Upon A Time. Those are his best. In my not so humble opinion he's the only director worth watching.

Okay, liked Lost.  Watched Lost faithfully (on DVDs in marathon fashion).  But the last episode??  Meh.  Haven't seen the others (Fringe, Once Upon).  

I think the only series finale I've ever really been impressed with was House.  They did it up right.  

• Like 1

No.  I've done Paleo and Eat Clean and never felt the need for Whole 30 too.  

I've never tried any of them, though we don't eat many processed foods or sugars anyway, so Whole 30 probably wouldn't be too hard.  Unless coffee gets nixed in that one.

I'm drinking my coffee and ain't nobody gonna stop me.  

• Like 3

Grrrrr. Argh.

YES!

I do like Joss Whedon for Buffy and Firefly.

Eww. What's Firefly?

Okay, liked Lost.  Watched Lost faithfully (on DVDs in marathon fashion).  But the last episode??  Meh.  Haven't seen the others (Fringe, Once Upon).  

I think the only series finale I've ever really been impressed with was House.  They did it up right.  

Agreed.

I never read those threads, what exactly is whole 30?

http://whole30.com/step-one/

• Like 1

Dude. I have a waterproof camera and a waterproof kindle case. I can take a picture of myself reading under water in the pool to show how creative I am *and* be pious at the same time. Booya.

For the record you can get a really good waterproof camera for around $80 because it's old technology. We needed it for mountain climbing, but as time goes on we've loved having it and recommend your next camera be waterproof. Pool, zoo, hiking, camping, bubble baths, playing in the rain, kinky things, kayaking, squirt gun fights. It's been awesome.

• Like 2