Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have not decorated anything for Christmas. 

ETA: I got the Grinch Booyah!

The tree is in three pieces and already lighted. Easy peasy!

It's still November. I haven't decorated anything, either. I still have Thanksgiving decorations up. Except the pumpkins. I threw those into the compost bin. I'm hoping the seeds will sprout and I'll have more pumpkins next year.

I usually try to do it as close to December 1 (usually after) as possible. Since I'm home today, I decided to go ahead and get it done.

I still have all the other decorations that I'll probably wait until Friday or Saturday to put up.

• Like 5

The tree is in three pieces and already lighted. Easy peasy!

I usually try to do it as close to December 1 (usually after) as possible. Since I'm home today, I decided to go ahead and get it done.

I still have all the other decorations that I'll probably wait until Friday or Saturday to put up.

Generally we do it the weekend after Thanksgiving Weekend. Which would be this coming weekend. Although DH ALWAYS does the lights Thanksgiving weekend. But he didn't this year because he was working on his gate. So.... I guess we'll all be working pretty hard this Saturday.
  • Like 5

Tomorrow night is my favorite holiday event...The Electric Farm Equipment Christmas Parade. Years and years ago our town had a traditional Christmas Parade on a Saturday morning. Then, one year, probably 15-20 years ago they decided not to because of funding and lack of interest. So, a bunch of farmers got together and decorated their tractors and spray rigs with lights and had a parade. It's grown from then, but it still has a bunch of tractors and spray rigs and trailers and stuff. Everything is all lit up. It's at night, of course, and we bundle up and bring hot chocolate. It's very small town but very fun.

• Like 12

Our tree is up..... It has a burlap ribbon, white lights, gold glitter snowflakes, and star wars ornaments made from cinnamon & applesauce tied with ivory/natural ribbon.  It looks really awesome. You have no clue what the ornaments are unless you are up close. It's fun to watch guests discover what's on our tree.

I just totaled up what one month of Rxs would cost/month if we paid cash for them. $1156. That doesn't include the supplements that we do.  The cost of the asthma meds my kids are on is killer....especially if you compare to what the prices are in Canada.

• Like 8

Our tree is up..... It has a burlap ribbon, white lights, gold glitter snowflakes, and star wars ornaments made from cinnamon & applesauce tied with ivory/natural ribbon. It looks really awesome. You have no clue what the ornaments are unless you are up close. It's fun to watch guests discover what's on our tree.

I just totaled up what one month of Rxs would cost/month if we paid cash for them. $1156. That doesn't include the supplements that we do. The cost of the asthma meds my kids are on is killer....especially if you compare to what the prices are in Canada.

How do you make ornaments from applesauce? And how do you keep mice from getting into them while in storage?

• Like 2

Great news! ikslo got me thinking about when I thought I had regular yeast infections but it was actually contact dermatitis from my detergent so I asked Matt to check and he said it's the right stuff but I checked today and it's not! He's getting some on the way home. 

Quiet time is my favorite time. No one else around here seems to appreciate it.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Audiobooks.

• Like 8

I think if bullet journals don't sound appealing then maybe you shouldn't try them. When Lynn said she needs her lists separate from her calendar it absolutely blew my mind. It makes no sense. That always made me crazy so I'm wondering if a bullet journal would make her crazy. If you're going to try it get a cheap notebook at least. People spend nearly $100 on BJ supplies.

• Like 3

Ok, fine! I will THINK about doing a bullet journal. You people..... relentless, I tell you!😉

I found a blank notebook in my desk, and started laying something out. In pencil, because I'm afraid of ink right now.

ITT is full of bad influences.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I think if bullet journals don't sound appealing then maybe you shouldn't try them. When Lynn said she needs her lists separate from her calendar it absolutely blew my mind. It makes no sense. That always made me crazy so I'm wondering if a bullet journal would make her crazy. If you're going to try it get a cheap notebook at least. People spend nearly $100 on BJ supplies.

Well, I'm thinking about an initial investment of a basic composition book and some colored pens. 😄

It might make me crazy. I don't know. But I am intrigued and it might be fun to try.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

How do you make ornaments from applesauce? And how do you keep mice from getting into them while in storage?

I can't get to my recipe right now, but it's something like this: https://www.diynatural.com/cinnamon-applesauce-ornaments/

I bought bulk cinnamon from Sam's or Costco, can't remember which, as that was the bulk of the expense. I airdry them. It is important to put the hanging hole in as they are starting to dry; I use a straw for that.

We've never had an issue with mice in our house.  I keep our ornaments in ziplock inside of a plastic tub on a shelf in the garage.  (Previous house, in the basement.)  Our main critter of infiltration is anole lizards here, but the plastic tub is sealed pretty tight and they don't gnaw through. 

Our ornaments usually last quite a few years before they break from rough handling by young children or we give too many away and we begin again.  They retain a strong cinnamon smell, which is nice. Supposedly cinnamon and peppermint both repel mice, so maybe that's why we've never had critter issues.

• Like 3

Remember how we never got a dinning room table and we're waiting for our tax return? What if I got a plain table and six of these?

And didn't tell Matt until it was too late to return them.

Uh, no.

A few thoughts:

1. a bazillion balls removed from their holders and being thrown around the house

2. marinara sauce

3. children whose feet don't touch the floor

4. cleaning the wedge in-between the ball holder, ball, etc.

• Like 4

We ate at a 6' folding table with folding chairs for quite a long time until we got our IKEA table last fall.  This length of table extends to seat 6-8 depending on whether you put in one leaf or two.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59014378/

We have a table, but it's too small and I occasionally find it doing yoga. I want one with a "marble" top so the math manipulatives don't hurt it.

Also, y'all are boring.

We ate at a 6' folding table with folding chairs for quite a long time until we got our IKEA table last fall. This length of table extends to seat 6-8 depending on whether you put in one leaf or two.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59014378/

We have a giant "French country" table that was being stored in a friend's garage and we bought for $100. It seats 8 with lots of room and 12 without too much difficulty. The wood top is distressed enough that I don't have to worry a bit about it being pounded or stabbed or slobbered on. :D

• Like 4

We welcomed Bailey the white rabbit home today.  As soon as we got  home, the eccentric rabbit lady who had not responded to me, e-mailed to say that we could come out to look at rabbits on Friday.  Now what do I do?  How do I break the news to her?  I want the eccentric rabbit lady to still like us because she rabbitsits for us. 

• Like 4

We welcomed Bailey the white rabbit home today.  As soon as we got  home, the eccentric rabbit lady who had not responded to me, e-mailed to say that we could come out to look at rabbits on Friday.  Now what do I do?  How do I break the news to her?  I want the eccentric rabbit lady to still like us because she rabbitsits for us. 

Three rabbits?

• Like 4

We have a giant "French country" table that was being stored in a friend's garage and we bought for $100. It seats 8 with lots of room and 12 without too much difficulty. The wood top is distressed enough that I don't have to worry a bit about it being pounded or stabbed or slobbered on. :D

Our coffee table is distressed. I love it, but I don't want two unmatched distressed things.

I have two uncles who are younger than me.

Just calculated. My grandmother had three grandchildren at my age. Wow.

My mom was pregnant with my middle sister when my grandmother was pregnant with my youngest uncle. Sis is a month older than he is. :D Grandma was 4 years older than I will be in 2 weeks. (new husband, his only child)

• Like 2

Remember that nice, quiet afternoon? Didn't happen. I remembered we had haircuts and so forth this afternoon. So we just got back from that.

I need pizza tonight. Good thing it's pizza night.

On the rabbit: Since you have a Bailey, you need a George. It's that close to Christmas.

• Like 6

That's a cutie-bun. We have fire. In the fireplace. It's cold outside. I'm still NaNo-ing. I got 104,000 because 103,969 was not pretty. And I've got two buddies really close to getting their 50K, so I'm sending encouragements. I wish they ran NaNo like Camp NaNo. I loved my cabin this summer, and it was nice to always have one or more buddies who were up for a word sprint. It was easier to keep up with.

• Like 4

I kind of think the verb chants in CAP French are silly. I try not to giggle when I sing them. Guess what the boy was just singing in his room? Parler, je parle, tu parles, il parle, elle parle; Parler, nous parlons, vous parlez, ils parlent, elles parlent.

I stand impressed.

• Like 8