Menu

Ignore this thread!

Does anyone have Jean's number? I'm going to start calling her for motherly advice when the baby wakes up in the middle of the night.

Speaking of Babiness, his new thing is trying to crawl, giving up and headbanging heavy metal style. It's hilarious.

I never got my Apologia order in (Astronomy) because I couldn't get the sale price and they say they can't honor it even though I emailed them during the sale to inquire. :glare: I wound up taking another look at The Big Book of Earth and Sky and I think we're getting that and The Big Book of History instead of A Child's First Book of American History. They're both more for his age group and I think he'll like them more. I'm getting them tomorrow so I can think it over tonight. Maybe I'll call Jean and talk to her about it.

Don't you love how it takes me 3 months to place a Rainbow Resource order?

• Like 7

My kids can find Orion's Belt and "Stephen and the Falling Baby Carriage", which is a constellation the ds21 and his friend made up when they were about the age that you do things like that.

I have been wearing my coat all day because it is chilly and the heating and air guy won't be here until tomorrow.

Also, my room is now clean, relatively speaking. I need to get the boxes out.

• Like 7

I've got one or two astronomy resources, but my go to for that has been the library. For whatever reason, they have a lot of astronomy books and a lot of different DVDs on the topic. 

He's super into Astronomy right now and loves his own books so I wanted to get at least one. Have you seen Created Cosmos? LOVE!

• Like 2

I just remembered what I wanted to tell you all. 

We were doing schoolwork last night, and I read a sentence that had the word mutton in it.  So I paused and asked, "Do you know what mutton is?"  And DS thought for a minute, the said, "Oh, oh, I know this...[thinks]...SHEEP MEAT!"  I said, "Yep!"  He then says, "Yeah, I learned that from Minecraft." :laugh:

:laugh:

Similarly, 14yo ds was reading his biology chapter about genetics and said he already knew all of it because of watching Film Theory and Game Theory You Tube videos because they use a lot of genetics in their explanations.   :D

• Like 5

I'm conjugating Latin verbs on paper. I actually like it. It's sort of one of those nutty things that is deeply satisfying for some strange reason.

I just like to recite them! We're doing passive voice now with ds and it is hard to understand. I mean, the concept is understandable, it's just translating the verb to make sense with the subject. If that makes sense.
  • Like 4

If I bend over, you get to see a super moon. (Sorry. I just couldn't resist. This is what happens when I get enough sleep. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We saw a double moon once. We were on a train traveling through the countryside and two teen age boys were standing out in a pasture and dropped their drawers. It was hilarious!
  • Like 6

Sis is doing good. Crashed on the couch (because she can't crawl up into her bed yet) and watching Netflix and sleeping. The kid are happy to have her home, but the baby is still a bit confused about why mommy isn't picking her up. 

Today is the last day of speech!! Woohoo!! It's party day with Ms. Kelsey. We leave in 30 minutes.

Also, just to whine...I ordered a cute Thanksgiving outfit from a site that friends have ordered from. I see their page on Facebook all the time. My items should have been here 2-3 weeks ago. She says they were delayed by their distributor and that it should be here before Thanksgiving. I told her I needed it by next Tuesday or I need a refund. NOT a happy camper right now, and I have a sneaky feeling that it will come on Wednesday and since that's "before Thanksgiving" the chick won't give me a refund. I wanted her to be able to wear the outfit a few times before Thanksgiving, so I could get my money's worth. But, it's looking like I just paid stupid tax by going with this company. At least it was only $20 and not more! Still frustrating. 

Oh, and I'm starting my at-home job tomorrow. Wahoo!! 

• Like 9

Horrible morning. Better now. Got my period early. I thought I gave birth to Rosemary's baby. Headache, still sick and unhappy because I've looked like I gained 20 pounds. Well, apparently that was just bloat and I'm back to my normal size. Headache gone (food, it's a thing), and now I'm in bed.

Alex joined us for school which was great because it gave Mary something to do. Normally she wants to do school, but she's not there yet and while she's adorable it's obnoxious.

Leftover pot roast for lunch! :party:

• Like 4

Sis is doing good. Crashed on the couch (because she can't crawl up into her bed yet) and watching Netflix and sleeping. The kid are happy to have her home, but the baby is still a bit confused about why mommy isn't picking her up.

Today is the last day of speech!! Woohoo!! It's party day with Ms. Kelsey. We leave in 30 minutes.

Oh, and I'm starting my at-home job tomorrow. Wahoo!!

:party: Really great news. :party:

• Like 1

Horrible morning. Better now. Got my period early. I thought I gave birth to Rosemary's baby. Headache, still sick and unhappy because I've looked like I gained 20 pounds. Well, apparently that was just bloat and I'm back to my normal size. Headache gone (food, it's a thing), and now I'm in bed.

Alex joined us for school which was great because it gave Mary something to do. Normally she wants to do school, but she's not there yet and while she's adorable it's obnoxious.

Leftover pot roast for lunch! :party:

Yuck. I didn't have my period for 4 years thanks to BC. It was beautiful. I've had 2 real periods since I got it removed. I forgot how much those things suck. YUCK - hate it. 

That being said....this is my good week for potential baby creation. lol TMI, but maybe we'll get another ITT baby soon. 

• Like 5

She is adorable. :wub:

Thanks! 

Yuck. I didn't have my period for 4 years thanks to BC. It was beautiful. I've had 2 real periods since I got it removed. I forgot how much those things suck. YUCK - hate it. 

That being said....this is my good week for potential baby creation. lol TMI, but maybe we'll get another ITT baby soon.

Go Mary! Go Mary! Go! 

I'm going to try to be more active on this forum. My dd has a condition that keeps me on my toes with no warning. It has been a particularly bad 9 months.

I'm sorry. You're always welcome here. :grouphug:
  • Like 3

So, Thanksgiving is in a week and 2 days. Is anyone actually ready for it? I have had the menu posted on the fridge for 2 weeks and my family keeps changing it. I'm going to have to set a deadline on changing it so I can go shopping. 

Sort of. I usually take care of myself for meals as the only GF person on the extended family side. I haven't decided whether to eat or just to enjoy company over there. Nobody has asked me to bring anything, so I'm making a few of my favorites for myself this Thursday. 

• Like 2

So, Thanksgiving is in a week and 2 days. Is anyone actually ready for it? I have had the menu posted on the fridge for 2 weeks and my family keeps changing it. I'm going to have to set a deadline on changing it so I can go shopping.

We're having 30 people over. Menu is set, pie crusts are made and in the freezer, bread is made and in the freezer, turkey stock is made and in the freezer. I've started some cleaning.... I'm working on the super-duper shopping list for this weekend.
  • Like 5

I just remembered what I wanted to tell you all. 

We were doing schoolwork last night, and I read a sentence that had the word mutton in it.  So I paused and asked, "Do you know what mutton is?"  And DS thought for a minute, the said, "Oh, oh, I know this...[thinks]...SHEEP MEAT!"  I said, "Yep!"  He then says, "Yeah, I learned that from Minecraft." :laugh:

Normal sheep that you eat is called lamb. (Lamb doesn't mean an actual, cute, baby sheep, but just a young sheep under a year of age.) Mutton means the meat of a more mature sheep, which is of course tougher, and not as popular. 

Question: what is the reason that Americans don't seem to eat lamb? Is there some objection to it, or is it more just that people have a beef obsession?

I started crying at the gym today in front of my trainer. She was asking questions about life and my stress spilled out. I feel like an idiot.

Hugs to you  :grouphug:  

And also  :grouphug:  @ Schadenfreude and your dd

• Like 3