Menu

Ignore this thread!

The Friday chore cards have mysteriously disappeared.

It's a Mystery Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started s'venteen months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Also, that is my rule for myself, too, now.   Not just the kids.  We are just out of space.  

There are very few books that actually get re-read in life (thank you, Konmari) so I've pared down as much as I can (I'm limited by my dh's large collection that he can't part with).  For the most part, we just buy/keep classics for the kids so that we have house full of truly quality literature for them to plunk down with whenever they want.  I also have early readers and Magic Treehouse type books because we use those constantly and the library just isn't convenient enough.   And we have many of the "Let's Read and Find Out" science series.... which is really more curriculum (the way I use it, since I haven't spent much on formal science curriculum yet.)  

Of course, there are beloved favorites that don't fit these categories, and we buy/keep those too.   :001_wub:  But I'm trying to be more of a minimalist where books are concerned.*

*If you like Kindle, though, go to town.   I don't like digital books, so that's not really an option.  

I have found that if one does not use good file management digital books can accumulate to unmanageable levels.  Especially if you buy them on 3 or 4 different ebook apps.  I'll do this from time to time to get my hands on something I want both kids to read or if there's a really great price on something promising I haven't read yet, and I might consider doing this for every Terry Pratchett book I can find.  Shoot, I might ebook Diane Wynne Jones, since I haven't yet found a book of hers I didn't like.

But for the most part I like hardcopy.  I have trained myself to actually cull the hardcopy books from time to time.  Luckily I have a niece who is a voracious reader, too.

• Like 1

In other news: We are hooking up to city water today. This means I now have no water until 1) the inspector looks over the pipe-dream, 2) the thing gets tested and 3) nothing leaks.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Crossing fingers and toes!

• Like 1

Park Day went well.  I finished mittens (for paws) for DD12's bunny outfit, and we used a bath poof for a tail.  I'll send the fuzzy fabric along with the kids to their grandparents' house -- they are sleeping over tonight and Grandma MIGHT be able and willing to sew some "paws" to go over DD12's shoes.

All walls being painted now have 2 coats on them and are drying or already dry.  Thank you, DH!

Now I need a shower.

• Like 2

I eat maybe 1/4 cup twice a month.

Eta: I don't plan for twice a month. That's uust about how frequently i want potatoes, now that I know I shouldn't eat them.

I've reduced my sweet potato consumption, and will eat other potatoes on rare occasions now, limiting how much I eat.  I really like potatoes, too, but I can feel the effects now if I get too much.  I'm gradually learning some of the warning signs when I'm going to overload my system with sugar and/or carbs.

He's a dwarf, so he's supposed to have a lot of hair. I liked his eyes, too. 

So far we have a leak in the water line. So no water yet. Considering the length of the pipe from the road to the house, it's good to have only one leak. But still.  :glare:

LIKE regarding the picture.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  and more crossed digits for the water situation.

• Like 1

I need coffee. Badly! But I don't have time to drink it in a way that would do justice to ..... the coffee drinking experience. I need to rest. I need to watch a video. I need to drink coffee. But in 15 minutes I need to pick up DS from school and drive to church to drop off a couple of cakes for a funeral tomorrow. And in the meantime I need to clean up the kitchen. Maybe when I get back.

• Like 2

Ok, I need some Christmas gift advice.

DD has seen The Lion King at preschool and has asked for it for Christmas several times. The only problem? It's "in the vault" and hard to find.
So, I've been perusing Amazon. Here are my options:

This option is a UK import. It's the trilogy and very cheap. However, while some people can play it, others have issues and once you open it, obviously, you can't send it back. We won't be able to put it onto our tablets for Riv to watch during trips.
Lion King Trilogy

This option is a lot more expensive and just one movie. However, it will definitely play on our blu-ray AND John can download the DVD onto our tablets for watching on trips.
Lion King only

Since it's only 1 of the 2 things she has asked for, I don't mind paying a bit more to get it, though I'm always happy to get more for my money. :thumbup1:
So, I just can't decide. What would you do?

Ebay has the Lion King DVDs, it looks like. Or you could ask if anyone you know would be willing to part with one.

Thank you for the Ebay reminder. John prefers the Blu-Ray/DVD combos, so I was able to find all the movies I wanted on Ebay.

I tend to think "used" on Ebay. I forget they sell new items, too.

• Like 2

I have the Lion King. I wish my boys liked it half as much as I do. It's been a while, though. Maybe I should try again.

Am I the only one who consciously decides to leave old leftovers in the fridge just a 'little' longer so I don't have to wash the dishes? Because I totally do that.

Husband is picking up dinner tonight so I don't have to cook in my freshly cleaned kitchen. So hooray!

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I have the Lion King. I wish my boys liked it half as much as I do. It's been a while, though. Maybe I should try again.

Am I the only one who consciously decides to leave old leftovers in the fridge just a 'little' longer so I don't have to wash the dishes? Because I totally do that.

Husband is picking up dinner tonight so I don't have to cook in my freshly cleaned kitchen. So hooray!

Picking up dinner from where? We're currently deciding.

I'm having the rest of my milkshake. DH is having Marie Callendar's chicken pot pies and the kiddo is having a KidCuisine.

• Like 1

I have kauphy!

The Lion King is not my favorite,

I would like to take out dinner tonight, but we are already over budget for the month. We will have carnitas with left over pulled pork. That's really good, though.

I have to make DS's All Saint's Day costume this weekend. He wants to be St. Ignatius. He found a picture. Should be relatively easy. Anything I can make with bed sheets is good!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

I've reduced my sweet potato consumption, and will eat other potatoes on rare occasions now, limiting how much I eat. I really like potatoes, too, but I can feel the effects now if I get too much. I'm gradually learning some of the warning signs when I'm going to overload my system with sugar and/or carbs.

I hadn't bought potatoes of any kind in any form for many years, but started to buy them this fall because IP potatoes are such a cheap meal that everyone loves. 'Cept I really shouldn't eat potatoes either because carb food. I have been very lax.

• Like 2

What's the gist?

Do what she can through dual enrollment towards completing the Associates degree, completing only history, government, economics, at home. Senior year, we'll figure out if she qualifies for Pell grant. If she does, I'll graduate her that spring and she'll attend CC full time the following fall. If not, we'll extend her high school through December the same calendar year (the latest time) to do more dual enrollment classes, then graduate her.  The most she'll do as a DE student is 3 classes at the college at a time.

If we go by the first option, she'll do a year of community college after she graduates high school to get her Associates. If the second option, she'll do a half year of community college after high school graduation.

The classes will be the same, the timing is the same; the only difference will be who is funding how much.

• Like 6

Dd6 and I just wrote a report on Russia -- her request.  And dd10 is doing a "surprise report" on cheetahs.  I have no idea why they decided to write tonight, but moments like this are why I don't require reports at their ages.  I like it to be their idea and their topic.  They write frequently enough to please me, even if it isn't scripted.

• Like 8

In case I wasn't clear, I don't wanna school tonight.

Me neither.  But somehow I ended up co-writing a report on Russia.  Dd6 dictated, I scribed.

Twenty-three sentences, most of them beginning with "They have..."

They have Russian dolls.  They have bears.  They have tigers.  They do ballet...

• Like 7

Me neither.  But somehow I ended up co-writing a report on Russia.  Dd6 dictated, I scribed.

Twenty-three sentences, most of them beginning with "They have..."

They have Russian dolls.  They have bears.  They have tigers.  They do ballet...

And now, turn on Anastacia and call it a well rounded Russian study.

• Like 6

We don't have it because that Rasputin guy scares me! I have enough trouble sleeping.

That's me with Tangled. That woman is *exactly* like my mother. I actually got a shower afterwards so the kids wouldn't hear me cry! It was just a cartoon!

We just finished the live action Cinderella. It's absolutely fantastic if y'all haven't seen it.

• Like 1