Menu

Ignore this thread!

We had a fun afternoon at a retro video game arcade.  I played Pac Man, Mrs. Pac Man, Pac Man Jr., Centipede, Frogger, Asteroids, Qbert, Mario Cart (which made me a bit queasy), a few pinball machines, and a few others/random ones that I can't remember.  Then dinner at an Italian place.  Now we are home trying to recover from dinner before having birthday ice cream pie.

Your apricot jam looks wonderful, Krissi!  So shiny!

• Like 5

I am terrible at Frogger and Qbert, but I got my initials on the scoreboard of Centipede.  Also Asteroids, but I didn't really know what I was doing and got a high score accidentally.  Dh beat the previous Ms. Pac Man high score by 50,000 points.

So interesting story.  Some friends were in California maybe? at one of these retro arcade places and the husband found this game that he loved and played all the time when he was a kid.  There was an engraved history plate on the side of the game, and it turns out it was the actual game machine he had played on.  Like 50 years ago.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Batch 2 is processing. Ima rest a minute or two before doing the next one. Since I am out of pectin and still have half a box of apricots, I am going to make my next batch a spread. No pectin, but you cook it down for half an hour till it thickens.

It’s a Jammy Booya/h!!!

What is your recipe for spread?  Can you make it with peaches?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I think dd12 is destined to be a beekeeper of some kind.  She is always petting the bees she finds outside.

Gymnast tried this. She got stung. It has not stopped her from studying bees, however...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

What is your recipe for spread?  Can you make it with peaches?

I’m sure you could. I put the fruit in a food processor so it was not puréed,  but small chunks. Then I added sugar, some lemon juice, and cooked it for an hour , stirring not constantly, but a lot to prevent burning. 4 cups of fruit to 3 cups of sugar. I put it in jars, cooled and put it in the freezer to preserve the color. You could process it and seal the lids if you don’t have room on your freezer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My headache is much better.  It "broke" during family devotions, almost like a fever breaks and you suddenly start feeling better.  My pain went from a 5 to a 2 in just a few minutes.

Now I am ready for bed.

Good night, my friends. :)

• Like 7

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

I'm up early.  :shrug:  I might get second sleep, but I tried for 30 minutes to get back to sleep and decided to just get up.

I'm listening to the tenor part of this morning's choir song, hoping to get it stuck in my brain.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Renai said:

@Critterfixer @ThatBookwormMom

What are your writing goals in July? I'm doing Camp Nanowrimo again...

Primary goal--revise my new novel, first in a series, for my agent to see. Secondary goal, finish the first draft of the last book in that series. Tertiary goal, finish the spin-off I'm writing for my first series.

Plus, I have a short story to revise one more time and start sending it out. I've set my bar at 100,000 words for all that. Given that I did over 100,000 in June on a couple of projects, I think I should be able to hit that easily, baring injury, illness, or death--which won't happen because ITT regs prohibit it.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

Good morning!  It's Sunday!

Have a great trip, Short Person!

I am home from church with dd12 who leaves for Scout Girls camp a bit later.  Dh took everyone else to church.

My eldest is 24 years old today! 🎉  

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I have a revision and two books due this coming month. For personal goals, I want to start my garden journal (that I haven't made time for yet) and a commonplace book.

Argh! How did you end up in that bind? 

Of course, I should talk. I have sworn I will have this novel revised by the first of August, and I have my personal due date of getting the fourth book done by August and that spin-off done, too.

• Like 3

Good morning.  I am starting to feel a bit freaked out about all that I need to do yet for camp.  And a friend needs help (not a super important thing, just a wish) and I so want to help her but I think that adding that to my schedule would push me over the edge.  And of course, this month Dh's work schedule is a bear with him having to work all hours.  I am trying to have deep breaths and prioritize. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Argh! How did you end up in that bind? 

Of course, I should talk. I have sworn I will have this novel revised by the first of August, and I have my personal due date of getting the fourth book done by August and that spin-off done, too.

I have a long list of to-do projects. I just settled on one I'd like to finish, or my brain will scatter. I'm not even counting class revisions I need to do, or the one new class I need to write. :svengo:

• Like 4

We’re back from church. I think my Sunday School teacher thinks I’m a heretic. Not to get into a big ol’ explanation, but it boils down to differing views of evangelism and the Great Commission and giftedness.

I just need to keep my mouth shut in Sunday School. I like our teacher a lot, and we always have great discussions, but there are times when I really DO NOT agree with him and I need to let that go.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Slache said:

Any one know where we should go for fireworks?

Top floor of a tall parking garage.  If parking is free.  And has a good view.

Around here, we go to the parking lot of the Methodist church, or Kroger, or the cemetary across the street from Kroger, or the Prebyterian church, or the hill way off that is a Civil War site, or the free downtown parking garage.  Since dh won't be here this year, I will choose the Civil War Hill.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We do not need another cat. We have three. But, I really want another tabby. I love tabby cats. Our cats are all tuxedo markings. I like them. But I love tabby cats.

Do you ever freak out your cats with cucumbers? :biggrin:

It's a Cucumber Cat Freak-Out Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

We are home super late. We saw Mr. M who is moving away tomorrow to be closer to his daughter. We got new library books. I'm in a lot of pain and going to make hot coco out of coconut cream because it's all we have. Wish me luck.

41 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Top floor of a tall parking garage.  If parking is free.  And has a good view.

Around here, we go to the parking lot of the Methodist church, or Kroger, or the cemetary across the street from Kroger, or the Prebyterian church, or the hill way off that is a Civil War site, or the free downtown parking garage.  Since dh won't be here this year, I will choose the Civil War Hill.

This is good. We could picnic.

26 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We do not need another cat. We have three. But, I really want another tabby. I love tabby cats. Our cats are all tuxedo markings. I like them. But I love tabby cats.

Get a tabby.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, KrissiK said:

DH and I went for a walk around the subdivision. We saw an owl.💕💕 I love owls. He would probably have eaten Slashie’s frog. 

Maybe.

Do owls eat frogs?

Some owls will eat frogs. 

We're in Harrisburg PA.  About 3 hour drive, got out and my back was killing me again.  I think from tensing up at points during the drive.   Advil, ice pack, then the hotel hot tub and it's feeling pretty good now.  Hopefully it stays that way for the week because we have lots of activity on the agenda - Hershey Park, lots of walking, a 3 hour canoe ride, swimming.

My wands for my wizard camp came out really cool and once again I forgot to take a picture.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

The revision and one book belong to the same client. The revision is book 2 in the series that is technically done, but he wanted a couple of things changed last minute. The book is book 3, which will wait patiently for me to get to it. Both of these books are 80,000 words.

The other book is part 2 to a book I'm wrapping up this week. Part 1 is 50,000 words, and part 2 will only be 40,000. I'm hoping the lighter amounts will help me get it together for my personal writing projects.

When are your books going to be ready for us to read? I can't wait!

A long time. First, they have to sell. Then comes a whole bunch of stuff like editing the life out of myself again. 

• Like 2