Menu

Ignore this thread!

I went back to bed and got second sleep.

I got everyone started with their day.

Then I went back to bed and got third sleep.

I'm pretty sure my iron is low again (but probably not as low as it was).  I was supposed to start a new iron supplement last week and the pharmacy didn't have it.  They said it should be in this evening.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

So - College Buddy. He is hilarious with all our pets which are way out of his comfort zone. Juliet seems to adore him and follows him around to sit at his feet looking up at him. This creeps him out. He said to me last night in panic:  “Is she trying to dominate me?”  I said “No. She just wants you to give her a scritch on the head. “. Watching him try to scritch her without getting licked was entertaining. But Juliet was happy. As soon as she got her scritch and acknowledgement from him she lay down satisfied. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So - College Buddy. He is hilarious with all our pets which are way out of his comfort zone. Juliet seems to adore him and follows him around to sit at his feet looking up at him. This creeps him out. He said to me last night in panic:  “Is she trying to dominate me?”  I said “No. She just wants you to give her a scritch on rhe head. “. Watching him try to scritch her without getting licked was entertaining. But Juliet was happy. As soon as she got her scritch and acknowledgement from him she lay down satisfied. 

So she demanded something until she got it against his will but was not displaying dominance. Got it.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

What?  She was not displaying anything close to domiance. She was displaying puppy adoration. 

It was a joke. Not doggy dominance. She sat there making him uncomfortable until she got what she wanted. She's clearly the dominant one in the relationship.

• Like 1

I have not homeschooled in, oh, 20 years, and yet up in the store room I have all three volumes of KONOS, including timelines; several levels of Saxon math; Rod and Staff English and math, both student and teacher editions (left over from the little school I started at my church); and random other things. It is unlikely that my older dd will hs the grandson, and even if she did, I think she'd probably want to buy her own stuff, because different.

I cannot bring myself to get rid of them.

That is all.

• Like 6

John said he wanted to climb Mount St Helens with us in the spring. :svengo: I talked him through it and he still wanted to do it. :svengo: I told him he had to start training now so he'd be strong enough to make it and he said he was up for that. :svengo: Then I told him our original intention was to leave him at Pastor's house for the night and following day and he said he'd rather do that. :svengo:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I realized recently that I enjoy reading about y'all's projects, but I rarely post about my own.  So here are my current projects:

I am learning sign language through youtube: Bill Vicars' channel and Jim Bracelin's channel.

I am hoping to read through the Bible this year.

Since my headaches are better I have been able to read again.  I am currently reading (some of) the poetry of Donne and Milton.

I have also decided that I want to learn to identify the birds in my backyard.

Ds17 and I are selling items on ebay to help him pay for college.

Also, I am trying to organize my recipes and I would like to use them to create a curriculum for a high school cooking class.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

We're hoping to come to town in 2024 for my HS reunion and to climb Mount Hood. This puts the kids at 14, 11 and 8 and we figured we'd take John. 6 year olds have climbed Mount Hood and Alex is definitely an adventurer, but we don't think he'll be coming with us at this point. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

I realized recently that I enjoy reading about y'all's projects, but I rarely post about my own.  So here are my current projects:

I am learning sign language through youtube: Bill Vicars' channel and Jim Bracelin's channel.

I am hoping to read through the Bible this year.

Since my headaches are better I have been able to read again.  I am currently reading (some of) the poetry of Donne and Milton.

I have also decided that I want to learn to identify the birds in my backyard.

Ds17 and I are selling items on ebay to help him pay for college.

Also, I am trying to organize my recipes and I would like to use them to create a curriculum for a high school cooking class.

I LOVE ALL OF THESE!

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

Climbing is not on my project list.  ?

Why not?

My projects:

Learning Japanese and Greek, but at a snail's pace. 

Making Spanish our in home language. 

Making Whole30 a lifestyle. 

Learning to draw and play guitar. I do not seem to have a natural strength in these areas.

Becoming Batman (agile, strong, fast).

Paying off debt & buying a house.

Junie's are more fun.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Why not?

I was going to say Arthritis, but as I thought about it that's not true.  If it was something that I really wanted to do I wouldn't let the arthritis stop me.

I'm not really an outdoorsy person.  I would rather explore a museum.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

My projects:

Learning Japanese and Greek, but at a snail's pace. 

Making Spanish our in home language. 

Making Whole30 a lifestyle. 

Learning to draw and play guitar. I do not seem to have a natural strength in these areas.

Becoming Batman (agile, strong, fast).

Paying off debt & buying a house.

Junie's are more fun.

???  I think you're mixed up.  ?

How is learning to identify bird calls more exciting than becoming Batman?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And my 2,018 pushups and 100 books. 

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

I was going to say Arthritis, but as I thought about it that's not true.  If it was something that I really wanted to do I wouldn't let the arthritis stop me.

I'm not really an outdoorsy person.  I would rather explore a museum.

Sincerely, climbing sucks. It sucks so much. It just gives me somethingto train for. I still have 85 pounds to lose. Plus, you get to tell people you slid down a mountain on a trash bag which is cool.

14 minutes ago, Junie said:

???  I think you're mixed up.  ?

How is learning to identify bird calls more exciting than becoming Batman?

I would love to identify bird calls! So cool!

13 minutes ago, Junie said:

Actually, is there anything more exciting than becoming Batman?

I guess not, because then I could pee standing up. 

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Becoming Superman.  He wears his underwear on the outside too but he also flies. 

I already wear my underwear on the outside. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

"Batman and the Cheese of Peace".

Did you go to bed hungry? And feeling like a superhero?!!!

Maybe...let's do some dream analysis here...You felt like a superhero for getting CHEEESE after your family was desperately craving it for 2 entire days....

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So..... guess where I've been?   

Okay, give up?  I had lunch with Paige and baby Paige-let!  It was so great to meet her and baby Paige-let is a total doll!  He is precious!  Such a treat!  

It was so great to meet you! Thanks for seeing us last minute! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

So..... guess where I've been?   

Okay, give up?  I had lunch with Paige and baby Paige-let!  It was so great to meet her and baby Paige-let is a total doll!  He is precious!  Such a treat!  

I'm so glad you were able to meet up!

And, yes, her baby is a doll.  (Except when we met he slept through the whole thing!)

• Like 6

Revising and fighting through the pain. Time to reapply some ice and take more medicine. I will get this chapter finished tonight, and get started on a reread of a chapter for a friend and take a look at a synopsis that I'm interested in critiquing. Did a critique on a query for someone earlier today. Boy did that feel like the blind leading the blind, but I hope I helped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In case you're wondering what it's like being married to me I just sent these two texts in row after my husband said he's having a hard time finding an apartment with a washer and dryer.

1. If we got an apartment with no washer and dryer we could downsize to one hamper and I could hand wash one load a day. It would take to 10 minutes. 

2. WE COULD HAVE LESS CLOTHES! 

I know I should have said fewer. I was excited.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache, our first apartment in Nashville did not have a washer or dryer in it.  The complex had a coin laundry room, iirc.

We looked at several that don't have coin laundry but do have washer dryer hookups. We can't afford a washer and dryer right off the bat so I'm considering hand washing clothes so that doesn't have to be a factor when looking at apartments. Then I could be super cool like Renai!

• Thanks 3

I entered a sweepstakes for the week we’re scheduled to go on vacation to the place we want to go.  It felt like kismet.  Wish me luck.

As an aside, I worked my university work study job with a wonderful girl named Kismet.  She was big and loud and boisterous.  Everything I wasn’t.  We got along well.  There was a guy who was tall, skinny, and weird.  I forget his name. I think they hooked up and lived happily ever after, although I readily admit I may be remembering it incorrectly.

• Like 6

I realized a few weeks ago that I only need my cane when I am wearing my Sunday shoes.  I decided that I should try to find some shoes that won't hurt my feet so much and still look decent when I sing in the choir.

I went shoe shopping tonight and struck out.  ?

I always have a terrible time finding shoes to fit my fat feet.  The saleswoman was helpful and gracious and felt really bad that she wasn't able to find something that would fit.

8 1/2 extra wide is just plain hard to accommodate.

One shoe that I tried on was a European size 40.  I made a comment about my shoe size (almost) matching my age.  She was flabbergasted that I was 40 (and a few more).  So that was nice, but I still don't have shoes that are church appropriate.

ETA:  Shoe-ya!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

I realized a few weeks ago that I only need my cane when I am wearing my Sunday shoes.  I decided that I should try to find some shoes that won't hurt my feet so much and still look decent when I sing in the choir.

I went shoe shopping tonight and struck out.  ?

I always have a terrible time finding shoes to fit my fat feet.  The saleswoman was helpful and gracious and felt really bad that she wasn't able to find something that would fit.

One shoe that I tried on was a European size 40.  I made a comment about my shoe size (almost) matching my age.  She was flabbergasted that I was 40 (and a few more).  So that was nice, but I still don't have shoes that are church appropriate.

ETA:  Shoe-ya!

What brands do you like?

11 minutes ago, Junie said:

Mr. Ellie wears a 9 1/2 EEEE. He rarely finds that size, but happily, most casual shoes are pretty forgiving, and we have been able to find [amazingly expensive] dress shoes once in awhile.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Junie said:

I'm looking at zappos right now.  Do any of you have experience with them/their return policy?  

I feel that you should start a thread in the sea. I know it's against the rules but the hive is a treasure trove of information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1