Menu

Ignore this thread!

One of dh's and my very good friends from seminary is in the ICU with serious heart and lung issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:

We had an unexpected six year old at our very tiny church today. The teens very graciously helped me to fold her in with games and verse songs from camp.

This must have been a nice surprise, though!

• Like 3

Yay for well kitty! ðŸˆ

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Jean. Praying!

I've made the broccoli salad and the cheddar brats are in the IP. Set Committee went well - we loaded stuff from the storage unit into vans and trucks and drove it to the barn/workshop where we'll be reworking everything from Oliver! into a set for Beauty and the Beast.

• Like 4

Nobody is taking this thread seriously!!

I am being exceptionally lazy. It's a beautiful day out. I should go poke around in the back yard. Except that I probably shouldn't because I think I popped two stitches from my incision while I was poking around in the back yard yesterday. I planted some dill seed and some chives in my "herb garden".

• Like 3

I am being exceptionally lazy. It's a beautiful day out. I should go poke around in the back yard. Except that I probably shouldn't because I think I popped two stitches from my incision while I was poking around in the back yard yesterday. I planted some dill seed and some chives in my "herb garden".

Ahem!   :toetap05:   No working in the yard until your back has finished healing!  

• Like 6

Ahem! :toetap05: No working in the yard until your back has finished healing!

Listen to Lynn! Be more lazy!

Yes! It's a Lackadaisical Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 9

It's been raining and thundering here. I'm lying in the bed editing hard while I can. Back to school this week, and I still have to make up my weekly plan. But no school tomorrow because of doctor's appointments.

I first read that you were "lying in the bed eating hard" and thought that was an excellent idea. Might give it a try. :D

• Like 6

Ahem! :toetap05: No working in the yard until your back has finished healing!

no more yard work! I just went out and looked. It's so pretty out there. My irises have started blooming, my bridal wreath spirea is in full bloom.... But I just looked.
  • Like 7

So, if y'all could spare some prayers for my poor dad.... Last January (2016) he went into a catatonic state. My mom took him to the hospital, they ran a battery of tests.... Nothing. They didn't even treat him because there was nothing they could really do for him. He was just catatonic. He was that way for about 24 hours. Never knew what it was or what caused it. Well, it happened again this afternoon. My mom isn't taking him to the hospital or anything. He's "fine" as far as his physical health goes. She'll call his doctor tomorrow morning and see what he says. The only real concern is dehydration. She tried to get him to drink with a straw, but he just fiddled with the straw in his mouth and didn't seem to know what to do. So, we went over there for a while, just to support my mom. I think she'll be all right. We got him comfortably on the couch. He doesn't move around. He just babbles. So, I don't know what's going to happen now.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

So, if y'all could spare some prayers for my poor dad.... Last January (2016) he went into a catatonic state. My mom took him to the hospital, they ran a battery of tests.... Nothing. They didn't even treat him because there was nothing they could really do for him. He was just catatonic. He was that way for about 24 hours. Never knew what it was or what caused it. Well, it happened again this afternoon. My mom isn't taking him to the hospital or anything. He's "fine" as far as his physical health goes. She'll call his doctor tomorrow morning and see what he says. The only real concern is dehydration. She tried to get him to drink with a straw, but he just fiddled with the straw in his mouth and didn't seem to know what to do. So, we went over there for a while, just to support my mom. I think she'll be all right. We got him comfortably on the couch. He doesn't move around. He just babbles. So, I don't know what's going to happen now.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Prayers!

• Like 3

Hugs and prayers!  

• Like 3

Good morning!

(((Krissi & Family)))

The weather has been brewing for a while, judging from the wild ding-a-linging of our Bar Harbor chime. The birds are sounding optimistic, though.

Busy day today - dd18 has CC class, ortho appointment, and voice lesson, everyone has children's choir this afternoon, dd8 has a choir performance at a nursing home, and ds12 has scouts.

Coffee!

• Like 5

One of dh's and my very good friends from seminary is in the ICU with serious heart and lung issues.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 3

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Micro-stroke?

• Like 3

:grouphug: To all that need them and hoping that both Jean's friend and Krissi's dad are better soon, and that Junie's headache goes away and that Dawn does not require IV caffeine because that would mess up the nap that she should right after lunch.

I've got to take boys for shots this morning, and I need to get some housekeeping and cooking done. Other than that, just staying ahead of the game and writing is what I have planned for today.

• Like 6

good morning.

i'm whispering because my head hurts.  not sure if we're going to get anything accomplished today.   :(

i didn't really even want to post, but it's been a while and i didn't want you all to worry.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   (gently and quietly given, so as to not make your headache worse)

• Like 5

Yesterday I awoke about 4 AM and moved to the couch where I spent the entire day.  Congestion in the ears and the sinus(es) at the top of the back of the mouth.  Lots of soup and hot tea and getting others to do things for me.

After a shower this morning (and sleeping propped up all night) I feel a little better and am having chicken tortilla soup for breakfast.  I gave DD12 a Sudafed because she waited until about bedtime last night to tell me she also was really congested and only one side of her nose would run.  She did manage to use up most of a box of tissues yesterday.

I should be good for driving to music lessons today, and I need to pick up prescriptions on our way home.  I don't know if I will make it to AFSA today to shop for a microwave, which I had expected to do yesterday but didn't.  If I can keep this crud moving and clearing maybe I will do that after tomorrow's orthodontist appointment.

Must remember to call the bagel cafe later today to see if I can get some of DD12's favorite soup for take-out tomorrow.  Her mouth should be sore after the orthodontist appointment.

It's a muddle-through Monday here today.  Hopefully we will still manage to finish the two topics we planned to finish today -- that would help keep spirits up.

• Like 5

good morning.

i'm whispering because my head hurts.  not sure if we're going to get anything accomplished today.   :(

i didn't really even want to post, but it's been a while and i didn't want you all to worry.

Hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

• Like 2

Yesterday I awoke about 4 AM and moved to the couch where I spent the entire day.  Congestion in the ears and the sinus(es) at the top of the back of the mouth.  Lots of soup and hot tea and getting others to do things for me.

After a shower this morning (and sleeping propped up all night) I feel a little better and am having chicken tortilla soup for breakfast.  I gave DD12 a Sudafed because she waited until about bedtime last night to tell me she also was really congested and only one side of her nose would run.  She did manage to use up most of a box of tissues yesterday.

I should be good for driving to music lessons today, and I need to pick up prescriptions on our way home.  I don't know if I will make it to AFSA today to shop for a microwave, which I had expected to do yesterday but didn't.  If I can keep this crud moving and clearing maybe I will do that after tomorrow's orthodontist appointment.

Must remember to call the bagel cafe later today to see if I can get some of DD12's favorite soup for take-out tomorrow.  Her mouth should be sore after the orthodontist appointment.

It's a muddle-through Monday here today.  Hopefully we will still manage to finish the two topics we planned to finish today -- that would help keep spirits up.

Well, poopoosnails! No more sickness!!! :grouphug:

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Thank you for the hugs and prayers. I didn't hear from my mom overnight, so I'm assuming things are status quo with my dad. His mind has been getting weaker and weaker over the years, so it really could be anything. Last year they ruled out stroke, etc. the doctors were baffled.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Thank you for the hugs and prayers. I didn't hear from my mom overnight, so I'm assuming things are status quo with my dad. His mind has been getting weaker and weaker over the years, so it really could be anything. Last year they ruled out stroke, etc. the doctors were baffled.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Good morning, ITT.  Today is my first day of re-employment.  My desk has been overrun by new equipment:  a laptop and docking station, two MORE monitors, but no new monitor stand to consolidate any space.  Oh, and an enormous desk phone.

It is very cluttered and I am very grumpy.

And, much like Dawn, I had a lousy night and need IV coffee. 

None of which is as bad as Junie's evil headaches ( :grouphug: ) or Krissi's dad's illness ( :grouphug: ).  So I guess someone around here needs a better sense of perspective.

• Like 8

Good morning, ITT.  Today is my first day of re-employment.  My desk has been overrun by new equipment:  a laptop and docking station, two MORE monitors, but no new monitor stand to consolidate any space.  Oh, and an enormous desk phone.

None of which is as bad as Junie's evil headaches ( :grouphug: ) or Krissi's dad's illness ( :grouphug: ).  So I guess someone around here needs a better sense of perspective.

Workplace ergonomics, however, does require adequate spacing and placement of all those monitors and other electronics.  You need a good workstation table or other way to set up a proper ergonomic area.  And a good chair -- you need a good, adjustable chair.  I've worked with two computers and three monitors before, none of them laptops.  It can be done if the furniture is set up right.  The company I worked for discovered the hard way how expensive it is to deal with work-acquired RSI -- cheaper in the long run to do the proper ergo set-ups.

• Like 2

good morning.

:grouphug: Take care of you

• Like 3

:lol:

That's a new one for me.

It was for me, too.  I found it hilarious, but the scundge is making laughing hard.  It's also making prolonged talking difficult.  We finished off grammar for this school year this morning, but I'm postponing finishing logic until later in the week.  Must stop talking now and drink more tea.  I just might lose my voice at some point this week.

#yayforEllie'spicturesquespeech

• Like 2

(((Junie)))

Jean, any updates on your friend?

They had to stop open heart surgery because there were blood clots in his lungs. So now they are trying to dissolve the blood clots without setting off a heart attack or a stroke. Things are very dire. I know that his wife spent the night with him in ICU but she hasn't texted this morning yet.

• Like 1

They had to stop open heart surgery because there were blood clots in his lungs. So now they are trying to dissolve the blood clots without setting off a heart attack or a stroke. Things are very dire. I know that his wife spent the night with him in ICU but she hasn't texted this morning yet.

Omigosh.  Lots and lots of prayers.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

Oh no!! Hugs and prayers!!
  • Like 1

It was for me, too. I found it hilarious, but the scundge is making laughing hard. It's also making prolonged talking difficult. We finished off grammar for this school year this morning, but I'm postponing finishing logic until later in the week. Must stop talking now and drink more tea. I just might lose my voice at some point this week.

#yayforEllie'spicturesquespeech

Just as long as you don't lose your typing fingers. 😜 Must ITT!!!
  • Like 1

Good morning, ITT. Today is my first day of re-employment. My desk has been overrun by new equipment: a laptop and docking station, two MORE monitors, but no new monitor stand to consolidate any space. Oh, and an enormous desk phone.

None of which is as bad as Junie's evil headaches ( :grouphug: ) or Krissi's dad's illness ( :grouphug: ). So I guess someone around here needs a better sense of perspective.

Clutter makes me very grumpy, too!!