Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good for your spaghetti arms, Jean (am I supposed to say, Xena?) - they will be stronger and maybe you will motivate me to begin.  Mine are spaghetti, too.  Really, really limp spaghetti from needing to begin working them!

I am here.   Was supposed to be there.  Got cancelled as I walked to door with my luggage.  Disappointed, but took the pup out for a sit on a picnic blanket by a park lake to console myself. That was super weird.  Something I would have done with children a decade ago.  No...longer than that!  Well, I found out it is ok to go out alone and do that kinda stuff.  Well, alone with a dog.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning! I am still alive. Drowning in words, though, not the Dead Sea.

Today, I'm drowning in book reviews. We need more books for Oldest and I've stumbled onto several that I'm weeding through. I'm checking for age appropriateness, moral value, and of course, where it lines up on our booklist by historical order. 😉

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

School and work!!!

Yesterday was unbelievably busy. Svengo. Staff meeting went well, parent meetings went well, DS started Zoom tutoring so hopefully that will get him on track....

Another busy busy day today, so if I don’t see y’all.... have a good one!!

• Like 4

Good morning!

I've had "Good-bye, Ruby Tuesday" going through my head all morning.  Puppy started his usual growl a bit before 6 and since dh wasn't getting up like usual, I got up and took the pup for a walk around the block.  He refuses to poop in our yard.  

It's a regular Tuesday around here.  Lessons today and zoom orchestra tonight.

Oh, we got a message last night that dd14 does not have the plague, so we are again free to move about the country.  Or the county, at least. Lol.

Coffee!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Familia said:

Good for your spaghetti arms, Jean (am I supposed to say, Xena?) - they will be stronger and maybe you will motivate me to begin.  Mine are spaghetti, too.  Really, really limp spaghetti from needing to begin working them!

I am here.   Was supposed to be there.  Got cancelled as I walked to door with my luggage.  Disappointed, but took the pup out for a sit on a picnic blanket by a park lake to console myself. That was super weird.  Something I would have done with children a decade ago.  No...longer than that!  Well, I found out it is ok to go out alone and do that kinda stuff.  Well, alone with a dog.

Sorry about the cancellation.  That stinks.  Glad you were able to have a therapeutic session at the lake with the dog!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can get free access to Ancestry records through my public library through December.  I already managed to discover the correct spelling of FIL's father's last name before he came the the U.S., but haven't been able to find any record of him in Germany/Poland/Prussia, even though I have his birth date and town, and father's name.  

I may need to get help from Junie.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Yesterday and today has been an exercise in pivoting. Yesterday I had to empty the defunct chest freezer of rotten meat. Today I had to go charge a dead car battery, which turned out to be unchargeable but under warranty. But the only store that carries that make of battery was across the neighboring big city. But worth it because I got a new battery for free. 

booyah!

#H

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I can get free access to Ancestry records through my public library through December.  I already managed to discover the correct spelling of FIL's father's last name before he came the the U.S., but haven't been able to find any record of him in Germany/Poland/Prussia, even though I have his birth date and town, and father's name.  

I may need to get help from Junie.

PM me the info and I'll see what I can find.  I like doing genealogy. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1