Menu

Ignore this thread!

Me too.

(I'm seriously contemplating getting in the car and driving south. But, DW isn't home, and the kids are, and they have guitar/violin lesson in a couple of hours)

It’s supposed to be 70 degrees here today with a very slight chance of rain. You could come visit me.
  • Like 4

Some people are putting away their Christmas decorations. I, on the other hand, just brought in from the yard our zombies and ghosts from Halloween! The bat lights are still up because I'm short. We never did put up our outdoor Christmas stuff because obviously the yard was full of Halloween and that would be more work. Our neighbors must think we are pathetic, or that we really, really, really love Halloween. :lol:

You guys are awesome!!

Dd6 insists that I change the story problems in Ray’s so they’re “not boooooring.â€

If all six of the My Little Pony friends throw a tea party and invite ten of their pony friends, how many ponies will be at the tea party? (No one turns down a pony tea party).

Yes, she answered sixteen. :)

I want to come to a tea party. Will there be little cucumber sandwiches?
  • Like 5

But how will I know what it’s supposed to be like if it’s different from store bought?

It will be just a little sour and probably still a bit crunchy. Color will probably be white/cream/light green. Come over to my house and you can taste it.

Oh also, Whole Foods sells (I think they still do) a brand called Bubbe's and it is fairly close to homemade. In jars in the refrigerated section of produce. Expensive but maybe worth getting one jar just to try it out.

• Like 1

I slept!!!!! [emoji322] [emoji323] [emoji324]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:hurray:

I didn't realize that FIAR had you read the same book every day for five days.  Which I guess makes sense because of their name.  Can you tell that I never did FIAR?

Ds22 would never have stood for that. He wouldn't even review a page from Phonics Pathways. "I did that already. Next!"

You guys are awesome!!

They may be Satanists! :D

• Like 3

I'm a bit too excited that the heater at the music school is broken, and I won't have to take the kids to guitar/violin today. 

Though I kind of wished that especially Celery would learn some new songs. 

ETA: not happy the heater is broken - obviously, that's a cost for the owner, so that sucks for them. Just glad I won't have to go anywhere.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 6

Happy Whatever-Today-Is Day!  

We are still on vacation.  Except for PG tonight at church, so I guess that means it's Wednesday.  I need to buy frosting in tubes for that.  

I also need to clean the garage so we can park in it before the Mother of All Storms dumps three and half feet on us tomorrow.  (That is an exaggeration, but not by much.  Especially since Mr. Broken Wrist is out on leave and I will be shoveling it all and it will therefore FEEL like three and half feet.)

Otherwise, I've driven dh to work and done four loads of laundry and called the Super Nice Tank Guy who would rather have the Oil Guy take care of my leak but was at least willing to call around and help me find another Oil Guy who might actually return my calls.  But that was at 10 and now it's 2:30 and I have yet to hear from Tank Guy so we shall see if he has any success.  Apparently all the Tank Guys and Oil Guys are busy because the entire northeast is experiencing oil heating problems.

Which leads me to my soapbox:  Not every kid needs an expensive 4-year liberal arts degree.  The Plumber Guys and Tank Guys and Oil Guys and Carpenter Guys are a dying breed.  We need them!  

Rant over. 

• Like 6

I didn’t know that either, but I guess i’m Just used to homeschooling curriculum having weird names, so it didn’t register with me. I wouldn't Read the same book 5 times in a row. That’s crazy.

Interestingly, I also tried FIAR with my oldest, but it was too much work pulling things together. She could care less if I read a book 1-1,000 times. My youngest absolutely LOVES me re-reading books. Still. In first grade. Day after day. Back in pre-k, I made a deal that I would re-read books, but I had to read a new book first. Otherwise, we'd never have read more than 20 stories in her lifetime. Probably.

• Like 5

:hurray:

Ds22 would never have stood for that. He wouldn't even review a page from Phonics Pathways. "I did that already. Next!"

Now see, as long as I was re-reading the story, everything was okay. If I want Gymnast to review something she has read, she responds the same as your son did.  :glare:

• Like 3

3/4 of the way through my cross stitch. I forgot how much I like doing this stuff. :)

I haven't cross stitched in years. I still have books because I might pick it back up. Or at least, teach my girls. The last thing I did was almost 20 years ago. It was a fancy schmancy Father's Day gift that took HOURS. Oh, wait, after that, I did start a chile plaque for the kitchen when I got to NM, but I never finished it.

• Like 1

Yeehaw! Found a black suit coat for ds13 at Goodwill in the Women's section. Except it was a boy's size 14. And the best part is that it was 50% off - $3!!

The tomato bisque is simmering and I'm sitting for a bit before starting on the next soup.

Yummmm, tomato bisque sounds yummy. I made some zero points black bean soup for lunch.
  • Like 4

Interestingly, I also tried FIAR with my oldest, but it was too much work pulling things together. She could care less if I read a book 1-1,000 times. My youngest absolutely LOVES me re-reading books. Still. In first grade. Day after day. Back in pre-k, I made a deal that I would re-read books, but I had to read a new book first. Otherwise, we'd never have read more than 20 stories in her lifetime. Probably.

my kids always wanted me to re-read picture books, but not regular books.
  • Like 1

Happy Whatever-Today-Is Day!

Which leads me to my soapbox: Not every kid needs an expensive 4-year liberal arts degree. The Plumber Guys and Tank Guys and Oil Guys and Carpenter Guys are a dying breed. We need them!

Rant over.

You are not kidding. Can’t outsource plumbers and AC repair persons to India. Last summer when it was 110 degrees and people’s ACs were going out (like ours) we would have paid big $ to have it fixed. And piano tuners and tile guys and automobile repair people....
  • Like 4

The tomato bisque is divided into freezer containers and the Kansas City Steak soup is simmering. There's only cream of broccoli left. I think I can I think I can I think I can!

Also, I'm going to save the gyros for dinner tomorrow and have soup tonight.

The neighbor boy (who is a football player) was able to get ds13's drone out of the Very Tall Tree in the park by throwing a baseball at the branch. What a relief! We have offered him candy as a reward.

• Like 6

Without breaks?  No station identification or anything?

I think they legally have to identify their station every 30 min or something. 

I'm on it.  :driving: :auto:

Want to race and see who gets their fastest?

(I don't remember where Krissi lives... CA?)

ETA: CA... checked her profile.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

I am enjoying being back in the swing of things.  But only until the novelty wears off. 

Ain't that the truth!  I am grumpy today.  I'm hoping the novelty hasn't already worn off. 

14yo dd and I spent just over an hour on math and were only half way through the lesson.  I'm letting her finish it tomorrow because I have to take ds somewhere anyway.  I'm thinking it might be time to try Art Reed dvds - not because I can't do it, but I sometimes start to steer the lesson a different way than I should because I don't have all the befores and afters lined up in my mind.  He would probably be more succinct and I would still be here for clarification if needed.

(ED PO Warning, blah, blah, blah)  

• Like 6

I've never been to CA. It'd also cost something like $240 in gas to get there... and then the same to get back. Also, the kids will have swim&gym on Tuesday, so I'd have barely any time there. Sorry Krissi, I'm going to have to take a rain check.

Well.... all right. Just don’t come in the summer, though. It’s too hot.
  • Like 1

Warning: Cat-Po.

Reported.

Stat.

So, DS got one of those baking soda/vinegar powered rockets for Christmas and was shooting it off today. He lost the launch pad so he stuck it in the hole in the patio table that would be for an umbrella, if we had one. We were waiting for it to activate and the kitty came up underneath the table, sniffing at the bottom of the rocket. She took a swipe at it with her paw, and that thing took off and she took off. It was hilarious. I never saw her run so fast. Since she was under the table she didn’t get hit by the rocket- only scared and a little vinegary.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 10

I did all of the things. Well, I did some of the things, but I'm not doing any more of the things. Off to the pediatrician for a triple checkup.

Don’t worry. This tea party takes place in a six year old’s imagination where sugar doesn’t make you sick or fat, it just makes everything more sparkly and fun.

Are these sugar cubes by any chance? Because this sound like acid.

• Like 6

I'm so tired tonight. I don't know why. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but it's getting dark and I'm ready to go to sleep. I've got to get up at four-thirty tomorrow morning. I can't be civil at that hour. I can't be functional. All I can do is grunt, groan and try to keep my mouth shut lest I say how I really feel about mornings. Blech. :glare:

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 1