Menu

Ignore this thread!

5am class.

But, I'm used to getting up at 3:40 everyday, teaching, going back to sleep for another hour or two. I guess it's finally catching up with me. After next week (because I'm already booked to teach), I've already removed 4am slots, and will now just start at 4:30. Hopefully that will help me function better.

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Not the decluttering, but the talking to objects is likely from the animism* of Shinto, not some cutesy thing she just came up with out of nowhere. I’ve read other people remarking on it as well.

*wikipedia says animism is not quite the correct term and it’s actually the concept of kami, but that’s getting deep into distinctions

Yes. That’s why I don’t think that it is cute. I know that the general principles have helped many people but I can’t see it in a neutral fashion. But I don’t see other religions in a neutral fashion. (Now please understand that I don’t go around trying to rain on people’s parade. I am just responding to your thoughts on animism/ Shinto. ).

Note: Christians in Japan also use the word kami for God but with different nuances.

• Like 2

Ds was awesome in the play, as was the whole cast!! Very fun!

:hurray:

I would just put them back. I keep my pans in the warming drawer because I don't know how it works. I have a microwave for warming things.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Yep.

I scrubbed the downstairs floor this week. It took me 6 hours. :svengo:

I refuse to cook dinner.

I do like pizza. Send the helicopter.

I'll be right over to give you a lift.

• Like 2

I think I'm going to have eggs, smashed potatoes and bacon for dinner tonight. But I can't figure out what I want for the rest of the week. I think I might roast a pork shoulder and make sandwiches.

I made taco soup. I love it and with the new WW points system, it's only three points. Of course, the Kirkland European cookies I had for dessert are much more than that. But I tracked them. :sad: 

• Like 2

I haven't been posting much this week.  The headaches have been pretty bad.

Dh and I have been brainstorming so that he can take over some of the teaching duties that have been stressing me out.  (High school math, mostly.)

Ds17 just handed me his copy of Rogue One.  I am a movie behind, apparently, and he wants me to catch up before we see Episode VIII.

I'm trying to stay caught up; I just haven't felt like talking much.

Love you, my friends!   :001_wub:

• Like 5

I haven't been posting much this week. The headaches have been pretty bad.

Dh and I have been brainstorming so that he can take over some of the teaching duties that have been stressing me out. (High school math, mostly.)

Ds17 just handed me his copy of Rogue One. I am a movie behind, apparently, and he wants me to catch up before we see Episode VIII.

I'm trying to stay caught up; I just haven't felt like talking much.

Love you, my friends! :001_wub:

Sorry about your headaches. Hopefully things turn around for you.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

I’m not really happy with myself today. I have done the absolute minimum. I have sat drooling in front of the boob tube all afternoon and evening. But I am tired and achy and I just can’t make myself do all the things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I did stuff, and now my hip hurts. So I’m thinking you had the right idea.

• Like 5

We need rain so bad.

Have you tried doing a rain dance?

(hm, I wonder if 35 million or w/e people all dancing at the same time would get the earth and air into some weird rhythm and affect the weather...)

I know, I'm just being silly.  :grouphug:

I’m not really happy with myself today. I have done the absolute minimum. I have sat drooling in front of the boob tube all afternoon and evening. But I am tired and achy and I just can’t make myself do all the things.

It's the weekend, always a good excuse for the doing the minimum.

• Like 3

Good looking young man, there!

Oh, wait! there he is!  (But you might want to nuke the link, Krissi.)

Love you, my friends!   :001_wub:

Right back atcha, babe!  :001_wub:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jean, you were resting. When the body is not well, sometimes it must rest. Why would you be unhappy with yourself?  :grouphug:

Awwwww!! So handsome! I’m beaming with ITT Auntie pride. :)

:hurray:  (See note to Krissi, above.)

I slept a lot. Got up to... what did I do? I think I ate something. Then taught a couple more classes. Then we went to see Ferdinand. There were 5x more adults than children.  :confused1:

I really want to see Ferdinand. Perhaps it is because I used to really love to go the movies, but there seems to be very little released that isn't loaded with sex, violence, and/or "messages" with which I vehemently disagree and I JUST WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED, HOLLYWOOD? (Note: NFL, please see last phrase.)

Dd to ds: you’re trying my temper!

Ds to dd: I’m trying EVERYONE’s temper!

Oh, look! Spuds has taught her 3 year old the value of honesty! What an awesome mom! :001_wub:

I mostly can't sleep

When I am feeling anxious

Lord increase my faith.

:grouphug:

• Like 5