• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

The upstairs (bonus/playroom) is clean. Dh went on a frenzy.

Dds11&8 have done a fair job cleaning their room. I can see most of their floor. The kitchen is tolerable but the stove and oven and fridge and floors need cleaning. Donation clothes are bagged and ready to go. Shoe bin still needs to be dealt with. Bathrooms. :ack2: One more load of laundry to get into the dryer when it's available.

• Like 5

My cousin...he was a very good hearted guy, but he made a lot of poor choices throughout his life. He was helping out a co-worker by letting him live in his house for a while and they got into an argument and the co-worker went into the bedroom, brought out a gun and shot my cousin. My cousin is quite a bit older than me and I was always a little scared of him because he was kind of wild and always getting into trouble. But I do remember on my wedding day, he came to my wedding. I’d forgotten to invite him (totally unintentionally, someone always gets left off the guest list), but he came with his sister and I remember being really glad he was there.

:grouphug:

I just declined a Thanksgiving invitation for Thursday.  We'll celebrate with extended family on Saturday.  Dd actually doesn't even want to do that but I told her that she has to.  It's the price of being in a family.  If she's worried about food (and she is) we will take food for her with us. 

I'd have her decide what she would like for her meal and make it in advance and bring a plate. That's what I did and it made me feel better. I had a steak with roast mushrooms,broccoli, a pan sauce I made, and wine-poached pears for dessert, as well as a slice of pecan pie that I made. I shared the wine poached pears and the pie, and nobody begrudged me my steak and mushrooms. I felt a little bit awkward about the whole thing, but I was assured by DH that nobody really minded. 

It would be much safer for her to have her own food, since even the littlest bit of gluten is going to be a problem for her.

• Like 3

DH made cookies again. Molasses ones this time. I'm going to be huge before he goes back to work.

My Grandma used to make molasses cookies every Christmas!  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................................................

I'd have her decide what she would like for her meal and make it in advance and bring a plate. That's what I did and it made me feel better. I had a steak with roast mushrooms,broccoli, a pan sauce I made, and wine-poached pears for dessert, as well as a slice of pecan pie that I made. I shared the wine poached pears and the pie, and nobody begrudged me my steak and mushrooms. I felt a little bit awkward about the whole thing, but I was assured by DH that nobody really minded. 

It would be much safer for her to have her own food, since even the littlest bit of gluten is going to be a problem for her.

The holiday is about gathering together to give thanks, not nit-picking about who is eating what.  I, for one, am thankful that EP has the option to bring food that works for her, so she can join in with the rest of the family.  Any of the family who object to this are likely space aliens in disguise.  Let us know about them, and the ENB will be right there to teach them some good ole Earth manners.

• Like 4

Also, French Aquamarine is the most awesome blue ever. Completely transparent, won't ruin the colors beneath it, and delicately added to a deep red makes the most jewel-like garnet color you can imagine. :hurray:

Garnets are my favorite!

• Like 1

I still want to know how the goat got up there.

Is it important? Is it important to the task at hand?

I think the goat jumped while on top of the hill, got caught, flailed wildly making it's way down the power line until it was so far down that it made no sense.

• Like 2