Menu

Ignore this thread!

I don't remember things. I can't even remember how many children I have, how am I supposed to remember that? I'm sticking with 5. I need to develope my health. Then I will sleep better. What pill do I take for that?

I don't know. I've had trouble sleeping and don't even have an infant. I went to bed at around 9:30 last night, I was so exhausted, slept the night through, and was yawning all day at work today. One of my coworkers told me I looked so discouraged and said I needed a hug. And gave me two. :)  I'm still tired. And it's 11 pm and I can't sleep.

• Like 2

I have been taking 5 milligrams of melatonin on and off since I originally asked you guys about it. I have not been sleeping well lately. Should I take 10 milligrams?

No.  You can develop a tolerance to melatonin.  My neuro is of the opinion that you should cycle 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off (although you will hear of people who have been taking it every day for x # of years). 

I would try adding magnesium to my diet and making sure to have good sleep hygiene--no screens after 6 pm, as close to possible regularly sleeping and waking times, etc. I get that being up with a baby puts you in zombie land--I breastfed for over a decade straight--but usually when I start sleeping poorly it's because I haven't been protective of my sleep time.

• Like 5

I don't know. I've had trouble sleeping and don't even have an infant. I went to bed at around 9:30 last night, I was so exhausted, slept the night through, and was yawning all day at work today. One of my coworkers told me I looked so discouraged and said I needed a hug. And gave me two. :)  I'm still tired. And it's 11 pm and I can't sleep.

Stress.  

The sky is pink. You all know what that means. (Well, if you were on ITT last year, and have some memory left.)

I don't.   

No.  You can develop a tolerance to melatonin.  My neuro is of the opinion that you should cycle 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off (although you will hear of people who have been taking it every day for x # of years). 

I would try adding magnesium to my diet and making sure to have good sleep hygiene--no screens after 6 pm, as close to possible regularly sleeping and waking times, etc. I get that being up with a baby puts you in zombie land--I breastfed for over a decade straight--but usually when I start sleeping poorly it's because I haven't been protective of my sleep time.

Thanks!
  • Like 2

The sky is pink. You all know what that means. (Well, if you were on ITT last year, and have some memory left.)

Stress.  I don't.   Thanks!

I didn't remember either.

Posted by Slache on 28 June 2016 - 02:13 PM in General Education Discussion Board
"When the sky is pink and purple we can see God's face." -John

Thank you!

Good Friday Morning - I also vote for sleeping through the day.

We have basement water issues again.  I'm taking a break here before I start to work on it again.  I have at least witnessed the cause this time (and thankfully, it's not as much water as last time), so I'll be calling a plumber in an hour or so.  

Oldest ds's school is on a one hour delay.  Can I rant a minute?  Every.single.county is closed today - including the more urban one (where the school is located).  I really think they should have called off the whole day.  He drove in yesterday on roads that were bad (and they were bad when he drove home yesterday afternoon too!)  It's a private high school.  Half the student body are student drivers.  Take a flippin' snow day already!   :rant:   That said, he's staying home today because roads and because I need him in the basement.  

• Like 7

Good morning!

We got a dusting of snow. The kids are ecstatic. Schools are closed (though our local schools don't start back until Monday anyway.)

Lynn, I'm sorry about your water issues. That stinks. Glad you are keeping ds home today.

It seems people need soothing sleepytime drinks and warm epsom salts baths.

We have an Old Lady Party this afternoon and ds12 and dd14 have an overnight choir retreat. I am done cooking. I need to order a book and maybe have the kids make snowflakes for the party today.

Coffee!!

• Like 3

Today is going to be a day of frozen fingers and hot beverages here.  The cold front is coming faster than previously predicted, and we have already reached our high temp for the day.  The icy drizzle is now setting in, and I still have most of my calamansi to pick.  I have just come in from one round.  I'll take breaks from homeschooling as frequently as I can to go pick more.

We might get sleet today.

Time for tea now.

• Like 1

Is this the one the gift is for?

Yes.  I ended up going in with my aunt (also his aunt) and we purchased the highchair they had on their registry.

Interestingly, the baby was named Brian X X, II.  After my cousin's father.  Who really isn't his father, it turns out, but was passed off to him and the rest of the world as his father for much of his life - even after he and my aunt divorced.  So his father continued to play the role even when he didn't have to (because father nonetheless :)) and even continued to work his job as maintenance at a private school just so my cousin could attend for free.  When he found out it wasn't his father he posted a "Love you, Dad" type post on FB.  So sweet.  There's a lot of behind the scenes family stuff which makes this all the more awesome, that they named the baby after him.

• Like 9

Ah, yes. One meal for us is about 2 quarts, give or take. So 3 meals is roughly 1.5 gallons (as measured by Glad 8C freezer containers. :) )

Thanks!  That sounds about our consumption, too.

• Like 2

Dd7 will be 8 on the 11th. We have nothing planned so far. No party options, but we are hoping maybe we can take her bowling or maybe to Chuck E. Cheese at some point. What on earth are we going to get her for her birthday? I'm at a loss.

Crafting kits?

• Like 2

Dd7 will be 8 on the 11th. We have nothing planned so far. No party options, but we are hoping maybe we can take her bowling or maybe to Chuck E. Cheese at some point. What on earth are we going to get her for her birthday? I'm at a loss.

Overnight stay at a hotel where she is pampered to her heart's content and taken on a fun shopping trip?

• Like 1

It's an hour past my bedtime. :(

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope you both got some sleep and rest.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

This is the case I sat in jury selection for. It is about homicide and young teens, so if that is a trigger for you, please don't read.

http://krqe.com/2014/11/15/nm-double-homicide-suspect-arrested-in-colorado/

I'm rather glad you didn't have to sit through that case.  Kids is one of my triggers.

• Like 1

I think I was away at that time.  What did you say about it?  Storm a-comin'?

• Like 1

Posted by Slache on 28 June 2016 - 02:13 PM in General Education Discussion Board
"When the sky is pink and purple we can see God's face." -John

Oh, I like that!

I hate science labs.  It doesn't matter what kind.  I hate all of them.

This is one of the items that kept getting put off in my bullet journal.

I decided that we will do them in the morning -- just to get the worst part of the day done.

I would rather clean the bathroom.

• Like 3

Good Friday Morning - I also vote for sleeping through the day.

We have basement water issues again.  I'm taking a break here before I start to work on it again.  I have at least witnessed the cause this time (and thankfully, it's not as much water as last time), so I'll be calling a plumber in an hour or so.  

Oldest ds's school is on a one hour delay.  Can I rant a minute?  Every.single.county is closed today - including the more urban one (where the school is located).  I really think they should have called off the whole day.  He drove in yesterday on roads that were bad (and they were bad when he drove home yesterday afternoon too!)  It's a private high school.  Half the student body are student drivers.  Take a flippin' snow day already!   :rant:   That said, he's staying home today because roads and because I need him in the basement.  

Good for you!  You can tell the school you kept him home for his own safety because the roads were simply too dangerous along his route.  I bet there will be a lot of other parents making the same decision.

You homeschool. :blink:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booya_(ship)

If we are so fortunate as to have any snow down here we take a snow day and spend it outside playing in it.

Today might become an Ice Day.  We are due to get sleet, and I am desperately trying to get as many calamansi picked as I can.  The girls and I are going outside in short spurts to harvest more, then coming inside to warm up our hands.

• Like 2

Yes.  I ended up going in with my aunt (also his aunt) and we purchased the highchair they had on their registry.

Interestingly, the baby was named Brian X X, II.  After my cousin's father.  Who really isn't his father, it turns out, but was passed off to him and the rest of the world as his father for much of his life - even after he and my aunt divorced.  So his father continued to play the role even when he didn't have to (because father nonetheless :)) and even continued to work his job as maintenance at a private school just so my cousin could attend for free.  When he found out it wasn't his father he posted a "Love you, Dad" type post on FB.  So sweet.  There's a lot of behind the scenes family stuff which makes this all the more awesome, that they named the baby after him.

That man might not have been the biological sire, but he has been every bit your cousin's Dad.  He's awesome.

• Like 4

Are you in bed Renai? It is 11:39 my time which means that your battery must be dying right about now. I'm going to bed. Dh left the house at 7:30 am and got home at 11 pm. Now I can sleep.

Yes, I was in the bed. I dropped off to sleep at about 12:03, and was promptly awakened about 10 minutes later by a bratty dh crying out "WHAT are you doing?" I awoke with my heart racing. After about a minute, I finally answered that I WAS sleeping, thanks a lot, I can't sleep. I was able to go back to sleep before your post though. I think.

• Like 2