Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Informal ITT Survey

A colleague responds to every email thusly: "Hey [first name]," Is this:

a) Friendly and casual

b) Attempt at friendly which can be taken negatively depending on the content of the email

c) Rude. It's like saying, "Hey Jerk,"

d) Whatever ikslo says. Because it's not a day to argue with her. :lol:

e) Obligatory other

D

• Like 2

Informal ITT Survey

a) Friendly and casual

b) Attempt at friendly which can be taken negatively depending on the content of the email

e) Obligatory other

A. Because hey is a synonym for "hi".

• Like 3

Informal ITT Survey

a) Friendly and casual

e) Obligatory other

I vote "a" and "d". I hate e-mails because there is no tone.

Uhhhh, toilets.... well, I would definitely (and do definitely) plunge toilets because as has been previously stated .... child + clogged toilet + plunger = ungodly mess that said child would in no way clean up sufficiently.

And that is all I know. Other than it is a beautiful day in Central California, the sky is blue, the fruit trees are blossoming, the bees are buzzing and it is just plain gorgeous outside!

• Like 6

Informal ITT Survey

A colleague responds to every email thusly:  "Hey [first name],"  Is this:

a) Friendly and casual

c) Rude.  It's like saying, "Hey Jerk,"

d) Whatever ikslo says.  Because it's not a day to argue with her. :lol:

e) Obligatory other

D.  Duh.

• Like 6

Informal ITT Survey

A colleague responds to every email thusly:  "Hey [first name],"  Is this:

a) Friendly and casual

c) Rude.  It's like saying, "Hey Jerk,"

d) Whatever ikslo says.  Because it's not a day to argue with her. :lol:

e) Obligatory other

Definitely d. However, I would think c while trying to talk myself into a, but finally compromising to b.

I vote no unless you want to have to clean the whole bathroom after they plunge.

:iagree:

I'm headed to KrissiK's house, and will pick all y'all up on my way. I'll bring the slow cooker lasagna and salad.

I will meet y'all there. I'm still trying to get to Renai's for Cornish hens and eggplant parmesan.;)

• Like 6

So, just as I was thinking, "what a nice quiet afternoon" DS's school called. He split his knee open in PE. He's ok, took him to the doctor, she said that he could get stitches, but that's a little dicey on the knee and it would heal without them. So, we opted for the Steri-strips. But I tell you, my kids are such weenies. I mean, they freak out at a paper cut. This kid.... I got to school and he was pale and shaking and whining, "it hurts, I don't want to walk, blah, blah, blah". I thought I was going to have to carry him (he's 110 lbs) and he finally discovered he could walk and made it to the car. Sigh!

• Like 3

I just cannot even imagine this.  

Yeah...My mom wasn't very thrilled with him. But, he and my sister had a unique bond, so it would have been devastating to my sister had she said no. (It would have been devastating to my uncle, too. He was so excited to give it to her. I don't think it ever crossed his mind that he was crossing some major boundaries.) 

I can't even imagine getting a goat as a present. And now I'm craving gyros.

We couldn't imagine it either, then it happened. And ewwww, I always thought gyros were lamb, not goats. I can't imagine eating Josie. (She was mean, so she was probably tough and nasty.)

Also, we're watching The Good Dinosaur. The little boy, Spot, reminds me of my nephew, wild and adorable. The dinosaur reminds me of my daughter, skittish over everything.

All the feels. 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 3

So, just as I was thinking, "what a nice quiet afternoon" DS's school called. He split his knee open in PE. He's ok, took him to the doctor, she said that he could get stitches, but that's a little dicey on the knee and it would heal without them. So, we opted for the Steri-strips. But I tell you, my kids are such weenies. I mean, they freak out at a paper cut. This kid.... I got to school and he was pale and shaking and whining, "it hurts, I don't want to walk, blah, blah, blah". I thought I was going to have to carry him (he's 110 lbs) and he finally discovered he could walk and made it to the car. Sigh!

(((Krissi'sDS)))

Ode to a Coffee Cup

Oh ceramic cerebral serum receptable!

Tall and Strong

And full of charm

Coordinated to home decor

Fitted to hands and lips

But no more.

Oh ceramic cerebral serum receptacle,

crashed to pieces on the floor.

This is beautiful. I'm going to have to save this one.

• Like 2

I just talked to a "research" telemarketer.  I put "research" in quotes because it was a political poll with the most biased questions I've ever heard in my life.  And I'm not leaning one way or the other in the polls.  I finally told her that this was a complete waste of my time since the questions were so biased that they weren't even answerable.  Some were sort of like "If you knew that Senator XYZ was an axe-wielding murderer, would you still support him".  (Not a real question.)  It was also hard to answer the poll because this (older) lady was very bad at reading out loud and I had to take a moment to decipher what she had read before I could even think about the question.  She was quite adamant that I had to finish answering the questions.  I was politely adamant that she couldn't make me.  ;)  And I (nicely of course) hung up on her.  

I knew if I kept posting to a silent thread, I would get the booyah and of course it was the post about the political poll . . .    Does that break board rules? 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 8

I just talked to a "research" telemarketer. I put "research" in quotes because it was a political poll with the most biased questions I've ever heard in my life. And I'm not leaning one way or the other in the polls. I finally told her that this was a complete waste of my time since the questions were so biased that they weren't even answerable. Some were sort of like "If you knew that Senator XYZ was an axe-wielding murderer, would you still support him". (Not a real question.) It was also hard to answer the poll because this (older) lady was very bad at reading out loud and I had to take a moment to decipher what she had read before I could even think about the question. She was quite adamant that I had to finish answering the questions. I was politely adamant that she couldn't make me. ;) And I (nicely of course) hung up on her.

I hate those. Once I told them straight out, "it os disgusting that you attempt to spread misinformation and mislead people this way. I won't answer appallingly leading counterfactuals and I'm hanging up now, but you should quit."

They didn't call back.

• Like 4