• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Dh and I went out for Mexican. Yummy! I take back half the bad things I ever said about him.

I still don't know what I'm reading aloud in morning time tomorrow. Bummer.

I started The Saturdays (Elizabeth Enright) today. The Melendy Family series was one of my favorites when I was young.

• Like 1

That's the best kind of recipe!

No doubt.  He likes to experiment.  So he especially likes the challenge of gluten-free baking.

Which is great, since I'm gluten-free and I hate to bake.

And... he's teaching the next generation of bakers (aka dd11 and dd9)!

• Like 2

The cold in my nose still rages. I'm getting tired of sneezing and coughing. Oh, well. Get to go spread it around tomorrow as I'm taking the old cat for her corneal surgery tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to try to relax and not imagine all the things that could possibly go wrong.

The right way to distribute candy is by age:

dd5 gets 5, dd7 gets 7, etc., Mommy gets 40-ish.   :)

The dc tell me it's not fair.  I say that it is very fair -- everyone gets the same as his/her age.  What's not fair about that?

Of course it's fair. It's the exact distribution method I use.

• Like 3

Up at 7

Nap from 2:30-4

Down at 8

They sleep a lot. John's been keeping her up but I think he still needs a nap so I gave them both books. She went straight to sleep with Amelia Bedelia and he read from a Disney story book for a while leaving her alone. He often will only sleep for 20 minutes so I think he's phasing them out, but if he doesn't get a nap it's a total disaster. It's our second day with books.

Yes, books at nap time. Nap times transition into quiet times that you will treasure. They don't nap, but will still have a quiet time in their rooms with a book or very quiet activity.

• Like 3

Yes, books at nap time. Nap times transition into quiet times that you will treasure. They don't nap, but will still have a quiet time in their rooms with a book or very quiet activity.

That's what TWTM said.

We don't distribute candy by age. Everyone gets one piece. Sometimes mama needs quiet time and what happens there is nobody's business. I imagine I'll lax more as they get older.

• Like 2

That's what TWTM said.

We don't distribute candy by age. Everyone gets one piece. Sometimes mama needs quiet time and what happens there is nobody's business. I imagine I'll lax more as they get older.

I was kidding. Reality is everyone gets a piece. Or something like that. *Quiet time around here involves duct tape. Sometimes ear plugs are still needed.* Boy, am I tired.I'm typing on the computer while I'm relaxing on the sofa with my eyes closed. Dd16 thinks that is amazing. I think I'm rambling.

* Starred selection is also just a joke, ya'll.

• Like 5

I was kidding. Reality is everyone gets a piece. Or something like that. *Quiet time around here involves duct tape. Sometimes ear plugs are still needed.* Boy, am I tired.I'm typing on the computer while I'm relaxing on the sofa with my eyes closed. Dd16 thinks that is amazing. I think I'm rambling.

Go to bed.

I'm telling you, EVERY parenting question can be honestly answered, "Duct tape."

• Like 3

Yikes - that sounds bad. Is it like nurses elbow? I can fix that.

A little different, I think.  Instead of the elbow coming out, it's like the forearm and the upper arm get jammed together at the elbow.  I actually think he fixed it.  It still hurt right after, but I just moved it around to see if I could move better and I can!  Woo hoo! 

• Like 5

Dh broke his hip muscle while doing squats and called for a kid to help him stand up and then asked me what to do and should he ice it.  I was all, "Stop exercising before you kill yourself!" which I don't think was the response he was looking for.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 7

I'm looking at IEW's U.S. History-based writing.  I've never used IEW.  This would be for my high schoolers who have already started American History.  I feel like I need to add more output to the class.

Any thoughts?

None, not a one.  So sorry.  Hope someone with thoughts will happen along soon.

• Like 2

You mean on the big board?  With people that I've never met?

Oh, wait.  I've never met y'all either.   ;)

Perish the thought!  Don't make unnecessary journeys!!!

I meant to ask a broader question of the people here.  You know, where it's safe.

• Like 5

:confused1:

Quick, edit the title to say "Ignore this thread!".  All will be well then. :lol:  :leaving:

:lol:  I literally laughed out loud at this.  So then I had to explain the whole thing to dh and ds15 .

Dh is starting to figure out that homeschoolers are crazy.  He hasn't been paying attention.

• Like 7

Junie, I've bookmarked IEW's U.S. History-based writing for future consideration.  It doesn't help you at all.  But if you get it and use it, it will help me decide for later.  So I have a vested interest in you buying and trying this curriculum. 

• Like 4

Dh broke his hip muscle while doing squats and called for ds13 to help him stand up and then asked me what to do and should he ice it.  I was all, "Stop exercising before you kill yourself!" which I don't think was the response he was looking for.

Dh is killing himself with exercise in the living room.  I've already placed dibs on his stuff. 

I think I like Jean's approach better.  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 3

Dh is killing himself with exercise in the living room.  I've already placed dibs on his stuff. 

Does he have anything I want?  I'd like some dibs, too.

ETA:  Best booya(h) ever when I tried to get Jean's not quite dead dh's stuff. :leaving:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 7

I've decided Artistic Pursuits is too expensive.  Spanish for Children ain't cheap, either. 

#cheaphomeschooler

#outsourcedclassesareexpensive

If I ever get through all of the book of AP I have, I'll send it to you.  Your dd might be in high school by then, though.

• Like 1

I've decided Artistic Pursuits is too expensive. Spanish for Children ain't cheap, either.

#cheaphomeschooler

#outsourcedclassesareexpensive

I'm hoping to use AP, but multiple children makes it a better investment. So You Really Want To Learn Spanish is less expensive and has better reviews.

It's a good thing there's not a thread about young homeschoolers putting their feet in their mouths or this post would be awkward.

#sorrynotsorry

• Like 3