• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

No to ding dong ditch Bibles. Although I have heard of Rake and Runs and have a favorable opinion of those. You go to an elderly person's house, rake all the leaves in the front yard, dispose of them and run away. Although there may be some problem with that I haven't thought of, so never mind.

I support rake and runs. Significantly different than trying to spread god's love by ringing my doorbell, giving me a book I have three of, and running off.

• Like 4

I once grew okra. I hate okra. But I still try it every once in a while because my mom likes it.

We use okra medicinally.  We had okra in our freezer forever and no one wanted any after I became allergic to it, so we use it as ice for injuries.  It is better than peas for icing!  We are currently in the PNW and had to settle for Lima beans instead, apparently no one here eats okra either.

• Like 8

We use okra medicinally.  We had okra in our freezer forever and no one wanted any after I became allergic to it, so we use it as ice for injuries.  It is better than peas for icing!  We are currently in the PNW and had to settle for Lima beans instead, apparently no one here eats okra either.

:lol:

(And welcome!)

• Like 4

We usually do the holiday break the weeks of Christmas and New Year's.  But this year DH isn't off like he usually is to hang out with DS, and we took a week off for Thanksgiving, so I'm thinking just the week of Christmas off, and using the week of New Year's to catch up on a few subjects.  Science for one, and art (um, for someone who was an art history major I have been severely negligent in my teaching duties for this subject this year - as in, forgot all about it.  :leaving:  )  Maybe math as well - we aren't behind, but I'm thinking math facts games for practice.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

We use okra medicinally. We had okra in our freezer forever and no one wanted any after I became allergic to it, so we use it as ice for injuries. It is better than peas for icing! We are currently in the PNW and had to settle for Lima beans instead, apparently no one here eats okra either.

Why, hello there. :)

Best use of okra I have ever heard of. :thumbup1:

• Like 3

I currently am sitting through a mind-numbingly boring audit.  In a too cold conference room.  With a woman auditor who wore a bright pink shirt.  It is the only color in the room, which draws one's attention.  I feel like I am staring at her.  No one is talking.  She is typing away on her laptop, and I on mine.  But every time I start to work on something job-related, she asks a question.  I can't get work done.  So I sit.

Someone talk to me about something.  Please. 

• Like 5

I currently am sitting through a mind-numbingly boring audit.  In a too cold conference room.  With a woman auditor who wore a bright pink shirt.  It is the only color in the room, which draws one's attention.  I feel like I am staring at her.  No one is talking.  She is typing away on her laptop, and I on mine.  But every time I start to work on something job-related, she asks a question.  I can't get work done.  So I sit.

Does she look like Professor Umbrage?

• Like 2

Okay!

This one time when I was working full time and my boss needed my office mate or me for a quorum of a QA meeting, the office mate and I did rock paper scissors, and I lost.  So I had to sit through the boring meeting.  My boss was a really cool long-haired, smart as anything, introvert.  So I sat there and listened to a lot of boring stats that had nothing to do with me and then grew pained every time my smart boss tried to interject a piece of wisdom and got interrupted by a loud extrovert sharing recipes for tea cakes or something irrelevant.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

I had to turn up the heat.  But it didn't get warm enough fast enough for her.

She's mentioned the traffic noise as well.  And the fact that there was no hot water for her tea that she brought with her.  Had to use the microwave.  Boo hoo.

It is exceedingly difficult to be her. :hat:

And you, with her. :lol:

• Like 3

No one actually hated me, either.

#queenofhyperbole

We pronounce it hy-per-bole here cuz that's how we roll.

My high school trig teacher *hated* us because the students in my class insisted on hyper-bola and para-bola.  He loved us, though.  He gave me bonus points on a test once for spelling my name correctly.  (He didn't want to give a zero to someone who actually tried  :leaving: ).

• Like 4

You lost in rock, paper, scissors.

It was more like:

Me:  Can I work from home on Thursday?  My DH has to work overtime.  (He often lets me do this, and I will be doing this tomorrow.)

Boss:  No.

Me, incredulously:  Huh?  Why not?

Boss:  Because I need to you to cover Thursday's audit.

Me:  What audit?

Boss:  The one I forgot to tell you about.  Sorry.

Me:  You so owe me Swedish Fish.

• Like 3

It was more like:

Me:  Can I work from home on Thursday?  My DH has to work overtime.  (He often lets me do this, and I will be doing this tomorrow.)

Boss:  No.

Me, incredulously:  Huh?  Why not?

Boss:  Because I need to you to cover Thursday's audit.

Me:  What audit?

Boss:  The one I forgot to tell you about.  Sorry.

Me:  You so owe me Swedish Fish.

Boss owes a crap ton of Swedish Fish.

• Like 1

Ikslo, you can spend time editing my paragraph for punctuation.  In particular, there are many comma errors, both in omission and commission.  That should take up a fair amount of time.

No, I shan't.  I do enough of that at work.  ITT shall not be edited.

• Like 3

ITT shall not be edited, fer sure.

If anyone has seen Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase and can recall the Cousin Eddy scene in which he empties his travel trailer septic system you know what we have been saying to each other.

Dh just insisted that I find shoes and come out to evaluate the status of the ground to tell the septic system people.  We call it good.  Trench the yard, septic dude!  I want to stop washing all dishes by hand and having the laundry pile up.  This morning, I fed the kids brekkie on Littlest Pet Shop paper plates.

• Like 3

The other auditor and the Cal Lab supervisor just joined us.  Now she is talking about rental properties/being a landlord with the Cal Lab supervisor.  Lord have mercy!  I am going to crack.

ETA:

Booyah bells, Booyah bells, Booyah all the way!
Oh what fun it is to Booyah, or booya Slashe's way!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 7